Chapter 10: The Burning Phoenix

Safe & Sound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, what are you thinking about?”

Ryeowook glanced up as soft eyes met his. Those golden eyes of Donghae’s, they were so mesmerizing. Ryeowook often found himself catching his breath. Ryeowook shook his head, reaching out for his boyfriend who grasped his hands and sat next to him on the bed.

“You’re thinking about Kyuhyun, aren’t you?” Donghae sighed, defeated.

Ryeowook shook his head but looked away when Donghae gave him a pointed look. Donghae chuckled darkly and ran his hand through Ryeowook’s soft locks. “Henry told me about him. I don’t like him.”

“You don’t even know him.”

Donghae tilted his head, “Someone’s being defensive huh?”

“Well… I….”

Donghae laughed, hugging Ryeowook as he kissed his cheeks affectionately. When his lips started kissing down Ryeowook’s neck, Ryeowook felt himself being pushed back onto the bed. Ryeowook couldn’t help but giggle as Donghae straddled over him, his lips kissing up his neck and to his jaws.

“You’re always doing this,”  

“I can’t help it,” Donghae smiled, murmuring against Ryeowook’s neck. “You’re so beautiful.”

Donghae leaned back to stare into Ryeowook’s eyes and again, Ryeowook found himself lost in those beautiful orbs. When Donghae’s eyes slid down to his lips, Ryeowook lifted his fingers onto his cheeks, tracing the vampire’s defined cheekbones lightly.

“You shouldn’t have hurt him.” Ryeowook softly told the vampire. “It looked pretty bad.”

“He deserved it.”

Ryeowook’s eyes fell, breaking away his gaze from the handsome vampire.“Why?”

When Ryeowook felt Donghae’s cold breath against his lips, he was distracted almost immediately. Donghae’s breath, they always felt so cold against his. It was different, different from Kyuhyun. But the moment Donghae’s lips brushed against Ryeowook’s, he body felt like it was on fire. Ryeowook gripped Donghae’s shirt, eyes squeezed shut as he felt blood rushing to his cheeks. His body reacted crazily whenever Donghae kissed him and he didn’t know if it was good or bad. Whenever Donghae kissed him, all Ryeowook could do was feel… Feel the overwhelming emotions rushing through him like adrenaline.   

Pressing his lips more firmly against Ryeowook’s, Donghae settled between Ryeowook’s thighs, his hands sliding down from cradling Ryeowook’s face to his warm skin under his shirt, tracing random patterns with his fingertips. Ryeowook released a whimper without realizing, his body trembling as he felt Donghae’s lips curling into a smile against his lips.

“Gosh,” Donghae nuzzled Ryeowook’s neck. “The way you smell.”

“But,” Ryeowook took a breath, “I’m an elf. Don’t... Don’t I stink to you?”

Ryeowook heard Donghae chuckling, “I don’t care.”

“Why?”

Instead of answering, Donghae continued kissing him again. His body was reacting wildly, he didn’t know what he should do. He was whimpering, trembling with want and need. But as embarrassed as he was, Ryeowook never wanted it to stop. The way Donghae held him, kissed him was euphoric. There was something about the vampire that was so alluring ever since he first locked eyes with his. Ryeowook didn’t know if this was falling in love but he did know that, he felt something for Donghae because when his eyes met his for the very first time, it felt like they suddenly clicked.

But that never meant that Ryeowook completely forgotten all about Kyuhyun. He was always worried what the vampire would say when he came back to school. Part of Ryeowook wanted to stay away from Donghae knowing that he was somewhat attracted to him, but another part of Ryeowook could not stop himself. He was attracted to Donghae like a magnet and in just a week of knowing and sharing a room with the handsome vampire, Ryeowook wanted something more. Donghae was special. He was kind, strong, funny and cute. Not to mention, everything about him was charismatic. He cared for Ryeowook just like how Kyuhyun did when they first met. Ryeowook liked that.

“You’re thinking too much again, aren’t you beautiful?” Donghae asked, looking straight into his eyes. “What’s wrong, hmm?”

Ryeowook shook his head, his attention distracted by the red glowing ink suddenly forming on Donghae’s neck. It was happening again. Every time they kissed, every time Donghae looked at him straight in his eyes, a small red tattoo of a phoenix would appear on Donghae’s neck, glowing as if the phoenix was alive and burning. Sometimes, the tattoo would disappear in a blink of an eye that Ryeowook wondered if it was just his imagination. Other times, it wouldn’t, only disappearing the next morning when they woke up. Ryeowook stared at it and when his fingers touched Donghae’s neck, tracing the phoenix, Ryeowook;s body tingled all of a sudden. Unlike Donghae’s icy skin, the phoenix was warm under his fingertips. As Ryeowook continued tracing it, his eyes were transfixed as the red glow of the animal reflected itself in Ryeowook’s eyes.

 “What does it mean?” Ryeowook asked, eyes and fingers glued to the phoenix.

“It means,” Donghae whispered into Ryeowook’s neck, his fangs piercing through the tender flesh of Ryeowook. Combing Ryeowook’s locks with his fingertips, Donghae closed his eyes as he onto the sweet pleasuring juice. When he was satisfied enough, Donghae released Ryeowook, withdrawing his blood-tinged fangs. The boy was already unconscious and a smirked played on the vampire’s lips as he watched a glow of flaming red forming on the human’s neck. When it was formed, Donghae chuckled tracing the outline of the flaming bird on Ryeowook’s neck. He kissed the phoenix before it disappeared against the human’s skin murmuring softly against Ryeowook’s ears,

 “I found you.”

***

Sungmin bowed his head, walking through the hallways to get to his next class. How could he left his head up and walk his usual confidence self when people were looking and laughing at him. How was he supposed to live like this for the next year?

He never thought it was possible, never thought that it would ever happened to him. He laughed, he mocked those people who were removed from Yunho’s list but now, it was happening to him. He got thrown out and instead, an elf was added into the list.

An elf that wasn’t even an elf.

An elf that was human.

Ryeowook.

He clenched his fist, feeling his blood boil again. that human, he was going to pay.

As if his thoughts had been heard, he spotted the human in the hallway. He was walking towards a class with a stack of books in his hands. The vampire stalked towards the human, following him as he turned towards

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter