CHAPTER 9 WRAP IT UP

Leader In Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

GET TO KNOW IKON WITH DONI AND CONI

PART VI WRAP IT UP

- Do you want to take a break or..? – Hyungdon looks up and down the row of members who get their make-up touched up here and there by their stylists.

- These guys are raised by YG, they can work for 24 hours a day without a break, - Defconn answers for them as IKON agrees to continue shooting, laughing helplessly at Coni’s comment. For as the saying goes - there is a grain of truth in every joke.

- Who’s next? – Doni shifts tablets with their profiles and takes out the one belonging to Donhyuk, - Hyukie, our dancing queen – oh, look, it actually says he’s the best dancer in IKON!

- Uh, to be honest Hanbin-hyung is in charge of preparing our choreography, - Donhyuk tries to excuse himself, but MCs wave him off, not interested in B.I at the moment.

- You’re pretty much perfect, our scriptwriters really struggled to find any dirt on you, - Hyungdon sighs, giving Donhyuk a disappointed look, - You have to make up a scene sooner or later – we need flashy headlines like… “IKON’s Kim Donhyuk wants to leave YG for JYP!” or “IKON’s Kim Donhyuk kisses a female idol on air of Weekly Idol!” - otherwise it’s just dull, to be honest.

- Do you have a female idol here? – Donhyuk chuckles in his usual shy manner, his question making both Doni and Coni jump from their seats. – Are you ready to kiss any female idol right now?! We should call someone, Daejunah, anyone, do you know anyone free? What about Bomi? – they actually take their smartphones out before Donhyuk surrenders, trying to stop them - this joke can go into a dangerous direction and he really doesn’t want to look Director Yang Hyunsuk  in the eye if anything happens during broadcast.

- You are indeed a thief of joy, Kim Donhyuk, - Hyungdon falls back into his chair, smile wiped off his face, mobile phone tucked back into the pocket of his jeans. Defconn simply smiles ironically at him - if he weren’t there, Hyungdon would’ve probably ended up sulking at different boy groups and ruining Weekly Idol completely in the meanwhile. Thankfully, Defconn is always by his side to take over when Doni needs a moment or two to be a cry-baby, - So…they say you’re a combination of cute and y in IKON, that you have the best body and the cutest aegyo out of all the members? – Donhyuk tries protesting, but others nod enthusiastically, depriving him of his escape route.

- Should we try a topless Kiyomi game then? – Coni snorts out, excited about his fantastic idea, but he is promptly shut off by Hyungdon, - We’ll definitely need restrictions for that, forget it. My daughters watch this show, they’re too young for this – no offense, Donhyuk-ah.

- None taken! - Donhyuk welcomes the change of subject whole-heartedly – he would really prefer to stay fully dressed for today.

- Aw, look at that – it’s finally our favorite Yunhyeonnie turn, - if only Hyungdon weren’t that lazy, he would probably come up to pinch Yo-yo’s cheeks, this kid’s warm smile giving him life today in the absence of any girl groups.

- You’re not only a vocalist, but also the visual of the group? Is there anyone who disagrees with that? – Defconn doesn’t have to look far - Junhoe’s hand is up in the air in no time.

- I don’t know who decided upon our visual, I demand a rematch, - June crosses his arms, resolute to turn some tables today, his diva attitude starting to show.

- Okay, lets make this quick – does anyone want to vote for Junhoe as IKON’s new visual? – Hyungdon peers at the members, who stay dead still, ignoring Junhoe’s annoyed tsk as he gets back to his seat, all determination swept off his face in less than a minute time.

- Your fans call this guy Prince Song, do you really want to compete against him? – Coni shakes his head in disbelief and Hyungdon rolls his eyes exasperatedly to outline just how pointless Junhoe’s attempts at getting praise and attention from them are. Yunhyeong is probably the only one, who actually feels a bit sorry for his friend – but lets face it, that’s why he’s Prince Song and Junhoe is just a peasant.

- Oh, there’s a whole paragraph about my chapstick, - Yunhyeong laughs boyishly, taking out his favorite cherry lip balm from the pocket of his jeans.

- We’ve heard legends about it, - Doni confesses, observing Yunhyeong’s treasure closely, - It also says here that thanks to your chapstick you have the softest lips of all the members…can we check it? Give me and Defconnie a peck on the cheek maybe? – Yunhyeong laughs heartily as Hyungdon actually looks a bit shy asking for a kiss. It’s not really a big deal, Yunhyeong’s the touchy-feely type anyway – he comes up to the MCs to drop a soft peck on either of their cheeks.

- Wow, - Hyungdon raises a hand to his face like he just got blessed there, - So soft. It feels like you ju

Please log in to read the full chapter