CHAPTER 10 COUNTDOWN

Leader In Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

This chapter is based on V app live iKON did before their My Type mv got released, it will be more interesting for you to read if you watch it first ♥ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiLFXlDJmSA

CHAPTER 10

COUNTDOWN

 

Hanbin is in his bed, lying wide awake.

This day has finally come.

It’s September 14th, the day of their debut, of their first warm-up single and music video.

The day Hanbin promised himself he’ll confess his feelings to Jinhwan.

His heart skips a beat at the last thought that slips into his raw mind uninvited. Hanbin can feel his insides twist at the very idea of a confession and he pulls his covers up to hide his immediately blushing face. Oh God.

He remembers promising himself to tell Jinhwan everything when he’s proud of what they’ve achieved together, when he can look his hyung in the eye without any regrets, without feeling sorry about a thing. But he never expected days to fly by so fast, days filled with writing new songs, filming music videos and practicing for their debut concert. It seems like they’ve just finished shooting Mix and Match only a few weeks ago, but now it’s time to release My Type and as excited as he is about it, Hanbin is not ready.

It’s still dark outside when B.I gets out of bed, his hair a complete mess just like his heart, that’s been driving him mad since the moment he opened his eyes. He puts his heavy blanket over his head and drags himself to the bathroom, where he locks the door behind him and sits himself down on the edge of the bath.

What will Jinhwan-hyung say?

No, don’t think about it.

- Aishh, - he ruffles his hair, blanket sliding to his shoulders, and sighs helplessly. It’s too damn early for this. Hanbin can’t even count all the things that are crowding his mind, anxieties making his guts turn inside out at the mere thought of fans not liking their new song or Jinan-hyung rejecting his feelings.

He really shouldn’t be thinking about that.

Hanbin splashes cold water onto his face and rubs it roughly, trying to pull himself together.

Half an hour later, when he’s done with the shower and feels slightly less anxious about all those thoughts crushing him down at once, B.I is out of the bathroom, his hair damp and his clothes nice and fresh. When he makes it to the kitchen, Jinhwan is there, a piece of toast in his hand and a sleepy look on his face. Hyung’s faded T-shirt seems so soft and his hair so fluffy that Hanbin just wants to scoop him right up into a tight morning hug, - You’re up early, - Jinhwan says quietly, voice a bit husky from sleep and too much practice the other day. Hanbin finds it endearing how his hyung manages to leave comments and munch at his toast even though he’s still dozing off, his eyelids too heavy. “So are you” B.I wants to return back coolly, but he gets carried away by Jinhwan’s lovely morning look and hits his toe against the edge of the counter before he can act all cool and tough. Jinhwan can’t help but snort out a laugh before he utters a hushed “Are you okay?” rising up from his seat to lend him a hand, but Hanbin just waves him off – he’s been bumping into things more often now that Jinhwan’s hair’s been coloured gold. Hanbin loved it black, but now hyung looks like a little prince from a fairytale and it makes Hanbin’s heart give in.  

They sit in soothing silence for some time, sharing breakfast and smiles – the uneasy feeling Hanbin had a while ago turning into pure almost childish excitement. Jinhwan seems less nervous than him, and B.I knows that’s because hyung wants to reassure him that everything’s going to be just fine. The sunlight starts creeping in from the window behind Jinhwan, filling their kitchen with a warm tint of pink. It isn’t long before others start showing up – their faces drowsy but eyes shining with high expectations for the day. Donhyuk’s head is the first one to pop in at the door, Yunhyeong following his steps and going straight for the fridge. Junhoe, who usually wakes up in a bad mood, jumps up and down, smiling widely and shaking everyone he can get his hands on – his first victim being the poor kid Chanwoo who is asleep on his feet. Jiwon is the only one who sleeps in, blessed with the ability to zone out any troubles and anxieties awaiting him in the morning.

B.I can’t help but grin from ear to ear now, still a bit nervous but proud - these guys are his family, they’ve gone through thick

Please log in to read the full chapter