CHAPTER 8 I CHOOSE YOU

Leader In Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

GET TO KNOW IKON WITH DONI AND CONI

PART V I CHOOSE YOU

Jinhwan’s turn creeps up on him despite the fact that he really doesn’t want to know, what kind of punishment the MCs prepared for him. He is a bit curious, true, but after the way they took care of Hanbin and Jiwon…Well, lets say he has a legitimate reason to break into sweat, when Hyungdon takes out his printed profile, - Hmm, Kim Jinhwan, main vocal, hmm…It says here, that you have a voice everyone wants to listen to at night? I don’t know, you’re not really my type, - Doni wrinkles his nose and crosses his arms theatrically, - Make me change my mind.

By now Jinhwan has already realised that you must prove absolutely everything on Weekly Idol, so without losing any time he clears his throat, stands up and comes right up to Hyungdon to face him directly. Even Defconn is slightly taken aback, when Jinhwan starts singing in his sincere, pure voice, - Long time no see, how have you been? You’ve waited too long, - it takes only a couple of lines of their song to make Hyungdon’s face soften and his frozen heart start to melt, - I won’t go anywhere, baby, don’t worry, - at these words Jinhwan counterattacks by taking Hyungdon’s hands into his own, eyes smiling brightly, his voice gentle and fond, - I got lost on the way to see you, I won’t go anywhere, baby, don’t worry, - and Doni feels so loved that he might just think about buying a ticket to IKON’s next fan-meeting.

- Don’t go anywhereee, - Hyungdon whimpers deeply moved, clutching onto Jinhwan’s hands, - I’m sorry I said all those things, just stay, - he pulls laughing Jinhwan into a bear hug, sobbing into his shoulder exaggeratedly. When Defconn tugs at Doni’s shirt to let their miniature hyung go, Hyungdon whispers “I’ll listen to your voice at night” into Jinhwan’s ear, making him shudder and for the first time consider changing his introduction to something less creepy.

- Okay-okay, pull yourself together,- Defconn pats his co-MC on the shoulder soothingly, - Get over it, we’ve got a show to host, - Hyungdon wipes his nose over his T-shirt and gets back to the questions as if nothing happened. – Lets see…Is it true that your members always flip you around in choreography?

- Well I do a lot of tumbling and from time to time someone would lift me up because I’m the-

- Shortest, - Junhoe snorts, not letting him finish.

- Lightest, - Jinhwan glances at Junhoe with reproof, but that kid just shrugs it off, mouthing you’re tiny, hyung, making Bobby muffle a laugh with his hand.

- You can’t be that light…can you? – Hyungdon tries to make a rough estimation of his weight, but looks can be deceiving and from what he knows these guys spend all their time practicing, so Jinhwan could be all muscles under that too big of a pull-over.

- Who’s the strongest one in IKON? – Bobby and Junhoe’s hands fly up into the air at that and Defconn comes forward to examine their biceps without wasting any time, - Can you lift him up? – both nod enthusiastically and Hanbin can feel something’s about to happen, something he isn’t going to like, but he’s not confident enough to barge in saying he’s actually quite strong too, feeling rather insecure unlike Bobby and June. While he feels torn between saying something and just going with the flow to regret it afterwards, Jinhwan speaks up instead of him, - You probably can’t tell, but B.I’s pretty strong too, - Hanbin doesn’t want it to be too obvious, but his lips curl into an shy smile involuntarily as he feels a rush of warmth inside his chest at those words.

- Let him do it then, - Hyungdon nudges B.I to give it a try and he stands up, a bit lost as in where to start, - How should I..?

- Hold him like a princess, - Defconn suggests, his expression serious as ever and thus even more comical. Jinhwan hides his flushed yet very pleased face in his hands, murmuring something unintelligible but

Please log in to read the full chapter