CHAPTER 9

FLAMES OF DESIRE

Dara decided to leave Ilwoo and Jessica and pick a book but her eyes still focuse on Ilwoo and Jessica's direction.

"! She look like a leech sulking Ilwoon's body on the way she flirt with that guy!" she murmur with anger on her voice. "And that Ilwoo look like a clown! Smiling as if there is no tomorrow! He is indeed enjoying flirting with that leech!" she continue muttering.

"Ah, Miss, are you saying something?" a stranger beside her ask.

"Ahh, nothing, I'm just reading this book, very interesting," smiling she reason out.

"Hmmm... that book was indeed very interesting," pointing on Dara's book. "ual Games in Marriage," the stranger read the book enough for Dara to hear.

"What?!" shock and she immediately return the book on the shelves. And she glare the stranger for embarrasing her.

"Don't be mad at me, I'm just only joking you," smiling he said. "You are very serious on your own world muttering and as of your a loiness ready to kill," he explained and preventing himself not to laugh.

Dara smile and forgave the stranger.

"Uhmmm.... Can you help me?" the stranger ask with hesitation on his voice.

"After joking and embarrasing me earlier, you think I'm helping you?" Dara teased. "But since I'm a kind woman, ok, I'm willing to help you.How could I help you?" 

"My niece is having her 14th birthday two days from now. She asked me to give her a book since she love reading books." the stranger said.

Dara silently thinking some books she knows. "Well, you can give her The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and Olympian) by Rick Riordan. Why don't you try it?" she suggest. "If you don't see that interesting you can also try the books written by J.R.R Tolkien. For me their quite interesting." Dara explain.

"Ok, thanks and sorry for joking you earlier," the stranger said and went to the children's section.

Dara just smile and look for Ilwoo but she cannot longer see him.

"Who is that man?" Ilwoo suddenly ask Dara behind her back while looking on the stranger.

Dara face Ilwoo and the leech is no where to be found. "My admirer!" she confidently said. "Where is the leech?" she ask.

"What leech?" Ilwoo question her.

"Your friend as if she is a leech ready to your blood." 

"She left already," Ilwoo said. "Where did you meet that man?" Ilwoo question Dara again.

"Just here. He cannot contain himself on introducing himself to me." she lied.

Ilwoo doesn't like what Dara's answer. "Did that man see me with you?! That man have nerve to approached you even introducing his name to you!" Ilwoo said ready to approach the stranger.

Dara immediately stop Ilwoo. "Hey, what is wrong with you, Ilwoo?" she as in a low but urgent voice. "I'm only teasing you. I just help the man. And besides why getting mad if a stranger approach me." she ask. Then something clicked in her mind. "Your jealous, I am right?" she ask smiling to Ilwoo.

Ilwoo abruptly stop walking and face Dara. "No, I'm not jealous,"

"okay," still teasing Ilwoo.

"I said I am not jealous!" Ilwoo said and start walking outside the bookstore.

"Ok! Did I contradict you?" trying not to laugh and also start following Ilwoo but still smiling and as of she is walking in a cloud nine. "Where are we going now?" Dara ask when they went inside the car.

"I'm taking you home," Ilwoo respond.

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

After Dara step down on Ilwoo's car he start the engine did not say goodbye to Dara. He don't understand himself nor his feeling when someone talked to Dara.

I am not jealous,  he said to himself. The only who felt jealousy is those persons who believe in love. And I am no fool. I am not jealous. I got mad because what Dara is unappropriate. That is right, I got mad because I got insulted.

But there is a small voice on his mind telling him that he is fooling himself. But he chose not to listen to that voice.