CHAPTER 6

FLAMES OF DESIRE

"Don't ever do that again," Sandara angryly said while fixing her dress.

"What? Following you?" Il Woo trying to be inocent. "That is reason that I like about you. Your not the same as other women. You want to remain mysterious to me."

"Your not my boyfriend. And the way you acted tonight don't ever dream to bey boyfriend nor my future husband." she irritatingly said.

"Here's our ride," as if hearing nothing to furious woman infront of him.

"I'm taking a cab," 

"Don't be childish. I am your date today, as a gentleman it just right to send you home." he said and grab Sandara's hand.

Since she does not wanto make a scene on a public place she just let him drag her.

"Who gave you that enveloped?" he ask pointing to the enveloped.

"Not your business," then look to the window and place the enveloped to her side.

But Il Woo move fast and grab the enveloped on Sandara's side. And quickly read the few writings of the enveloped.

"Hmmmm.... from Bom. She's your best friend, right?"

"Yes," she said in an exasperated voice. "Give me that," and hrab the enveloped.

"What's behind on those writings?" still asking.

"You ask too much!" 

"Sandara," he said in a warning voice.

"God, no wonder you're a successful businessman. You're such a bully," 

Il Woo laugh on Sandara's comment. "C'mon. Open the envelope," he commanded.

She open the envelope. "Why did Bom gave me this cd instead waiting me to the bar and tell it to me personally?" with curiousity on her voice.

"I don't know,"

"We will listen to it," 

But before Il Woo can put the cd on her stereo Sandara quicklt grab the cd. "This could be private stuff,"

"Okay, we will listen to it when we reach your condo unit," Il Woo said.

 

AT SANDARA'S CONDO....

 

"Okay, let's play this," Il Woo said after they comfrontably sitted.

"So, I presume the news about you might true. You have the determination." Sandara said. "When you want something, you get it through sheer determination and stubbornness," she added.

"Keep quite. Let's listen to Bom's message." 

"Sandara, sorry, I cannot longer wait you," Bom said while fear is visible on her voice. "I have to go away, hide from these people who have been following me. Hopefully, I could lost them first before I go to my hiding place. I won't tell you where I am. What you don't know won't hurt you."

Il Woo and Sandara look each other. As of asking what is going on. And continue to hear Bom's message.

"But I need your help, Sandara," Bom continue... "Mama is missing for already two weeks. Remember the seminar she attended two months ago? Well, a month ago she went to Jeju with her friends. Mama said to me she will only stay there for only one week, but it almost three weeks and she still not home."

Sandara eye Il Woo who. And she can see that Il Woo is very interested to hear all the details.

"After the first week of Mama's disapperance I called to one of her friends. And they said, she extended her stay in the island. I tried to get the number of her hotel but they said they don't know where she stay because Mama insist to extend and move to other hotel. I smelled something fishy going on, so I started investigating her circle of friends and companion that trip."

Il Woo stop the cd. "Is your friend serious?" he asked Sandara.

"Bom love joking and teasing me but I think it is serious this time. Her voice, there is fear and concern and it is true her mom went to Jeju with her friends," Sandara said. "Let's listen to the rest of whay Bom have to say," she added.

"That's when I started feeling that people are following me. I can no longer do the investigation. They already know me. Please, please, Sandara, find my mother for me. She is the only family I have. And please, Sandara, no police."

"I have to help her, I have to find her mom," Sandara said after hearing Bom's message.

"How? You're not even a detective." sarcastic but concern on Il Woo's voice. "What we have to do is give this cd to the police," he suggested.

"You just heard Bom's message, Bom said no police," Sandara said. "Tomorrow I am going to visit her friend's office."

"That's the most harebrained idea I have heard in my life," Il Woo sand with anger on his voice. "And I forbid you to Bom's mom friend place."

"And who are you in life to stop me,"

Il Woo inhaled trying to control his temper. "You're putting your life in danger." he tried to reason.