CHAPTER 4

FLAMES OF DESIRE

"Hello, Bom this is Sandara," she greeted her friend over the phone. "I can't see you tonight, I already have appointment tonight. Can we just talk tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow may be too late, Sandara," panic was heard on Bom's voice.

"Bom, are you serious?" Sandara asked again to her friend because she knew Bom loves joking and teasing her.

"I am serious Sandara," she said in quite and firm voice. "I have to see you tonight. What time your appointment will be finish? Can you leave early?"

"Please be here Sandara at the bar we usually hang out at 9 o'clock. Please be there friend. Your the only one I can count on."

"Why don't we meet right now?" Sandara is very worried to her friend.

"I can't," Bom said. "They can't see that my routine change."

"They? Whose they? Bom, if this is really seriohs, we must already get in touch to the police," Sandara said.

"No police, please, Sandara. No police," Bom pleading to her friend.

"Okay, calm down, no police." on a calm voice. But the line already hang up. "Bom? Bom?"

AT THE PARTY...

"Let's dance," Il Woo offered.

"Sure," Sandara said while thinking how can she ditch the party without knowing of Il Woo.

"You seem preoccupied," he commented when they arrived at the dance floor. 

As usual, the moment their body get touch her internal systems went haywire.

"Sandara, is there any problem?" again Il Woo commented.

'N-no, n-no... I have no probl," she hesitate to answere.

Their eyes met. And they held. An electricity seemed to pass between them.

Unfamiliar sensations coursed through her body like lightning. He bent his head. She parted her lips ready to accept his kiss, no longer aware of their surroundings.

"Ah, Il Woo, Sandara, you both seems enjoying the night," Mr. Park happily commented.

She felt as if cold water splash on her body when she heard her father's voice.

For the first time she felt happy on her father's presence. She blush. She doesn't expect that Il Woo will do public affection to her.... No, it's more like desire, better yet--lust. Yes, public display of lust.

"She was not expecting that from Il Woo. And looking at him now while talking to her father, he got over quickly whatever he was feeling a while ago.

She quickly bring herself back to reality. Then she remembered Bom. She sees her wristwatch.

She still have 35 minutes to reach the bar to meet Bom