My Boss Is Weird

My Boss Is Weird

“What’s good, Boss?” Minho grinned as he flipped pancakes.

 

“What are you doing up so early?” Tiffany yawned as she made her way to the dining table. 

 

“Early bird gets the worm,” Minho smiled. “This is kind of a little thank you for letting me live here. I really do appreciate it. I’d be living on the streets if it weren’t for you.”

 

“Top of the morning to you, laddies and Minho.” Amber grinned. “Is that for everyone?” 

 

“It better be because Minho is a freakishly good cook,” Ailee grinned.

 

“Is this gonna be an on-going thing?” Tiffany asked, taking bite of her bacon.

 

“Depends if I have time in the morning and how early I wake up,” He shrugged as he joined his colleagues at the table. “Where’s Sooyoung and Yuri?”

 

“They go to the office early and makes sure that everything is all set up and things like that.” Tiffany gave him an odd look, “Why do you ask?”

 

“Because he has a thing for Kwon,” Amber joked. “I’m done eating. I’m gonna go to the office early so I can get started on how Jessie and I are gonna present the case in court. Did the Psychiatrist ever get back to you about her reports?”

 

Tiffany wiped with a napkin, “Not yet. I was actually planning on going to the hospital right now to get them.”

 

“Awesome,” Amber grinned, “I’ll call Jung and tell her to come with you if you don’t mind.”

 

“Not at all,” Tiffany shook her head, “Tell her to just meet up with here. I think it’s easier for us to commute there, besides, the hospital is a little out of the way and I’d rather not have her use her gas up just to go, stay there for an hour or so and come back.”

 

“Can I go too?” Minho and Ailee asked.

 

“Why?” Tiffany raised an eyebrow.

 

“Because I’ve always been interested in psychological case studies. This is a perfect opportunity for me to actually observe one up close.” Minho answered.

 

“You do realize that we’re just going to get the files and head back to the office right?” Tiffany asked.

 

He shrugged, “Maybe I’ll learn something on the drive over, I don’t know. I really wanted to be on this case, but since Jung and Liu have more experience than me in these kinds of things, I didn’t really have a choice but to back down. So going with you to the hospital is kind of a big deal for me right now.”

 

“Are you sure you’re not just going there because you wanna go rub in Robbins’ and Torres’ faces that you can actually speak English?” Tiffany crossed her arms.

 

“This is strictly business,” Minho made a cross over his heart. “How do you know about that, anyway?”

 

“I have friends at the hospital, Choi,” Tiffany went to her bedroom. “Be ready in 30 minutes, you too, Ailee.”

 

“Okay!” The two lawyers grinned and headed to their respected bedrooms to change.

 

“Make sure you two look presentable!” Tiffany yelled behind her closed door.

 

“Yes, Boss!”

 

— — — — —

 

“What is this?” Tiffany glared at Minho. “This is strictly business. We aren’t going to the office and having a casual day. We are going to a hospital. We are representing our firm. Do you not want the doctors to treat you seriously?”

 

Minho fiddled with his leather jacket, “I’ll go change.”

 

“You better or else I’ll kick your .” Tiffany warned.

 

There was a knock on the door.

 

“Does my attire look okay, Boss?” Ailee asked. She motioned to her black pencil skirt and a light pink button up tucked in the skirt with a black blazer to cover her arms.

 

“That’s perfect.” Tiffany said walking to the door. “Are you gonna be wearing heels?”

 

“Of course!” Ailee smiled, “What kind of question is that?”

 

“Hi, am I late?” Jessica asked as she went inside the house. She wore a black high-waisted pencil skirt and a white button up shirt that were folded up to her elbows with high heels. “I didn’t know what to wear, so I have a spare change of clothes in my car in case that this wasn’t going to a  formal business thing.”

 

“That’s perfect,” Tiffany said shortly. “Choi! Where the hell are you?” She yelled.

 

“What’s her deal?” Jessica whispered to AIlee.

 

“Minho is taking too long getting ready,” Ailee whispered back.

 

“I’m here, I’m here.” Minho said, running down the stairs in a black suit with a blue undershirt. “Which tie?” He asked as he held up a solid black, a light shade of pink, a red and blue striped tie and a solid red color.

 

“The pink one,” Ailee pointed. “That way we match.”

 

“Alight,” Minho went back upstairs and shut his door.

 

“Where are you going?” Tiffany yelled.


“Ailee picked the pink one!” Minho yelled back. “Blue doesn’t go well with pink so I have to change my dress shirt to a white one!”

 

“Dear Lord, he is such a girl.” Tiffany rubbed her forehead.

 

“You look good, Boss.” Jessica complimented.

 

Tiffany smiled, “Thank you.” She smiled as she fixed her blazer. Tiffany had decided to wear black dress pants with a black blazer and a white button up.

 

“I’m ready.” Minho sighed as he made his way down the stairs. “Sorry it took me so long. I needed to look professional.”

 

“How many suits do you have?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Four,” Minho said as he opened the door for the women to walk outside the house.

 

“Where are they?” Tiffany asked.

 

“At the dry cleaners. This was my only clean one,” Minho opened the passenger seat and the back door for the women to sit inside.

 

“What happened to them?” Tiffany pestered.

 

“I went on a date and on each date, one of the suits got a stain and I never had the time to get them dry cleaned until recently.” Minho started driving. “Any more questions, Boss?”

 

“Are you still banging my best friend?” Tiffany turned her body to the side in order to face him.

 

“What?” Ailee and Jessica said from the back. “You’re banging Kwon or Choi?”

 

“What? No!” Minho yelled in the car. “I made a promise to, you, that it wasn’t anything. I was drunk and she took advantage of me. That’s all there is to talk about. Nothing else, okay?”

 

“I still don’t believe you.” Tiffany glared in his direction.

 

“I promise you that I’m not banging either one of your best friends.” Minho sighed, “Besides, I have my eyes on someone else. I swear. I’m here to be a professional and to gain more experience under my belt. I want to be the very best.”

 

“Like no one ever was?” Jessica giggled from the back seat.

 

“Shut up,” Minho sighed at his friend quoting Pokemon in the back of the car.

 

Tiffany narrowed her eyes, “I swear, Choi. If I find out that you two are bumping uglies, I will burn every single one of your suits.”

 

“We’re here!” Ailee excitedly announced.

 

“Thank, God.” Jessica muttered and got out of the car.

 

— — — — —

 

“Are you bored, too?” Sooyoung’s head slowly popped from the side of Amber’s office cubical.

 

“I’m sitting here playing Solitaire on my laptop that I had to wait 15 minutes to download, what does it look like?” Amber showed Sooyoung her screen.

 

“Okay, good.” Sooyoung sighed in relief. She made her way to the chair in front of Amber’s desk, “What do you wanna do?”

 

“You wanna play Chess?”

 

— — — — —

 

“Stephanie!” A warm voice greeted. “It’s been so long since I’ve seen you! How have you been?”

 

“I missed you too, Arizona.” Tiffany smiled as the two women hugged. “How’s Callie? How’s Sofia? Ooh! How’s your leg?”

 

Arizona laughed and flipped her long blonde hair, “I’ve been good, everything’s been good. Callie and I are good. Sofia’s good. Life is just good.”

 

Tiffany happily sighed, “I’m glad everything’s been good.”

 

“It’s been a rough year, but Calliope and I are still stuck together like glue.” Arizona wrapped an arm around Tiffany’s shoulder. “How have you been? Are you still with that crazy girlfriend? You do realize that Calliope and I still don’t like her, right?”

 

Tiffany nodded in acknowledgement, “I get that you and Callie don’t like her, but she’s not as bad as you think she is. Besides, don’t you have sick tiny people to worry about?”

 

“Yes, I’m a very busy person, so I will be seeing you later.” Arizona waved and Heeley’ed her way to the Pediatrics wing of the hospital.

 

“Is that who I think it is?” A voice laughed from a distance.

 

“Well, if it isn’t the Orthopedic Goddess.” Tiffany grinned.

 

“Long time, no see, Steph.” Callie smiled and placed Tiffany in a tight embrace.

 

“Where was this greeting at the firm?” Tiffany laughed.

 

Callie laughed, “The lawyers and I all got off on the wrong foot. That was my bad and I feel terrible for it, but I didn’t really know.”

 

“Isn’t ignorance just bliss?” Tiffany laughed.

 

Callie rolled her eyes, “So, Hunt, is in his office. Is that why you’re here?”

 

Tiffany shook her head, “My team and I are here for Addie. She said that she has the reports from the incident and we’re here to get the reports from the Psychiatrist about the impending case my two lawyers have.”

 

“Sounds like you’re already utilizing this hospital,” A voice chuckled behind them.

 

“Owen!” Tiffany smiled.

 

“Stephanie,” The man with the light orange hair grinned and opened his arms. “So were you just planning on skipping out on me like that?”

 

“Not in a million years, Hunt,” Tiffany laughed. “I’m here on business and I brought my team of lawyers here. So that should tell you how serious this is.”

 

“Very serious,” Owen smiled. “I guess I’ll leave you guys to it. I’ll see you when I see you.”

 

Tiffany nodded and waved, “I’ll check my schedule.”

 

“Since when were you so popular, Boss?” Minho asked from behind Tiffany.

 

“What do you mean?” Tiffany cleared and started walking to the Psych wing.

 

“You knew Robbins, Torres and Hunt. Next thing you know, you’ll know all the interns and all the doctors and nurses in this entire hospital.” Ailee pointed out.

 

“Just so you three know, this merger has been happening slowly for the past 4 years, so I have gotten to know some of these doctors, interns and nurses fairly well. I would fly to America for weeks at a time in order to arrange this merger and for everything to go as smoothly as possible.” Tiffany informed them as they kept walking. “Montgomery, we have to fly in on important cases or at least Skype or FaceTime in order to get a proper diagnosis on a person. Robbins and Torres picked up their entire family to move here in order to save more lives. Hunt almost ended his marriage with Yang because of this merger. And for Grey and Shepherd, they didn’t have a problem because they only have a two year old and I promised them that if they ever needed a good babysitter, they can call me and I will have one of you babysit their child. There was a lot at stake here. So, if you three have nothing else to say, can we move on from this and just go back to being lawyers?”

 

Minho, Ailee and Jessica all looked at Tiffany and nodded.

 

“Am I the only one who thinks that it’s weird to see a doctor wearing Heeley’s in the middle of a hospital?” Ailee asked.

 

“I think it’s a little weird, but let her do her,” Jessica shrugged.

 

“I have a question?” Minho slowly raised his hand.

 

“What?” Tiffany turned around.

 

“Where exactly are we going?”

 

“We’re going to the OBGYN wing first and then we’re gonna go to the Psych wing to get the reports. Why?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Do you know where that is?” Minho asked.

 

“Not exactly sure, but we’ll somehow figure it out.”