My Boss Is Weird

My Boss Is Weird

“Kwon Yuri!”

 

“What?!”

 

“Hurry up!”

 

“I’m busy in here!”

 

“I need to pee!”

 

“Go pee in Youngie’s bathroom!”

 

“She locked the door!”

 

“Go pee in yours!”

 

“You clogged it last night!”

 

“Promise you won’t judge me?”

 

“Judge you? Why?”

 

“Hey, Boss.” Minho came out with a towel wrapped around his waist and gave her a sheepish smile. “Gotta go. I don’t wanna be late for work.”

 

Tiffany’s jaw dropped to the floor, “KWON YURI!”

 

“Ppany, no!” Yuri screamed as Tiffany barged into the bathroom. “What happened to needing to pee?!” Yuri gasped. “NOOOOOOOO!”

 

— — — — —

 

“What happened this morning?” Sooyoung asked. “You were screaming, Yul.”

 

Yuri pulled her coat closer to her body and shivered at the memory, “Nothing. It was nothing. Nothing happened.”

 

Tiffany raised an eyebrow, “You slept with Choi? Out of all the dudes you could have slept with, you slept with Choi, the guy who works for me.”

 

“It was an accident.” Yuri defended.

 

“How the hell is that an accident?” Tiffany glared. “Did you slip and your fall on his ?”

 

“It’s not like that, okay?” Yuri said. “We weren’t just messing around because one of us was . I actually like him.”

 

“Does he like you?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“We haven’t talked about this relationship yet.” She said quietly.

 

“So you two aren’t just messing around like a couple of rabbits?” Tiffany asked.

 

Yuri shook her head, “No, we’re not. I think that this is actually going to go somewhere.”

 

“I’m sorry about this morning,” Tiffany shifted uncomfortably. 

 

Yuri shifted away from Tiffany, “That’s alright.”

 

“Quick question,” Sooyoung said. The two friends looked at her, “What are we going to do with the three spare bedrooms in the house?”

 

“I was thinking about turning one of them into an office space, the other into a library and the other one can just be a spare bedroom in case one of us has a guest over and stuff.” Tiffany said. “I’m not really sure when we’ll actually have the time to renovate, but I’m sure between the three of us, we’ll find the time.”

 

— — — — —

 

“Ugh!” Ailee grunted and forcefully landed on her chair.

 

“What’s wrong?” Jessica asked, eating carrots out of her plastic baggie.

 

“Finding an apartment in Seoul is next to impossible.” Ailee threw the newspaper in the recycling bin. “It’s either too expensive, too far away from work or my room mates are gonna be weird as hell. I can’t afford living on my own with the salary I make now, but when we actually go through with the merger, hopefully, I’ll be able to afford a place close to work.”

 

“I’d offer you a room, but Krystal kinda lives in the other room and I can’t really kick my own sister out of the apartment.” Jessica laughed.

 

“What’s happening you two?” Minho asked as he got himself settled in one of the chairs around the round table at the conference table.

 

“Ailee needs a place to stay.” Jessica at another carrot, “Do you have a spare room?”

 

Minho shook his head, “I’ve been mooching off Amber’s couch the past couple of weeks. Finding an apartment is such a these days.”

 

“Agreed.” Ailee nodded and took one of Jessica’s carrots.

 

“You want the good news or the bad news?” Amber popped up and sat on the round table.

 

“Huh?” Ailee looked at her.

 

“Min, you want the good news or bad news?” Amber looked at Minho.

 

“Am I gonna like the good news?” Minho asked hesitantly.

 

Amber shrugged, “Depends, do you get sad easily?”

 

“Aw man!” Minho whined, “You’re kicking me outta the couch, huh?”

 

“Kinda, but not exactly,” Amber said slowly.

 

“Then what is it?”

 

“I got evicted.” Amber said, “So in a way, we’re both getting kicked out of the couch.”

 

“That’s worse!” Minho threw a small tantrum in his chair.

 

“What are you two whining about?” A voice suddenly spoke, it was in English, but with the education the four lawyers had received, English was basically their second language.

 

Jessica, Ailee, Amber and Minho all looked at each other. Everyone seemed to be accounted for, so no one really knew who the new voice was.

 

“I beg your pardon?” Ailee said in a professional tone.

 

“What are you two whining about?” The person asked once again.

 

The four lawyers turned around and saw a tan Latina with dark black hair.

 

“Calliope, be nice,” Another voice said. It was softer and warmer. A blonde suddenly appeared in the doorway and placed a hand on the tall Latina’s shoulder.

 

“Arizona, they were talking super loud. It’s kinda hard to ignore them.” Calliope said to the blonde.

 

“I know, but be nice to the lawyers. They could save your job someday. Okay, Callie?” 

 

“Okay.” Callie seemed to relax at Arizona’s voice.

 

“What’s going on here?” Minho asked in Korean.

 

Ailee shrugged, “Beats me. They could be the doctors Boss was talking about, ya know?”

 

“The blonde is kinda hot.” Jessica and Amber commented.

 

“The lesbians in you guys really just came out.” Minho shook his head.

 

“We weren’t in the closet for nothing,” Amber grinned as she eyed Arizona.

 

“What are they talking about?” Callie asked Arizona, who just looked at her and shrugged. “I don’t like how they’re talking in Korean with us in the room.”

 

Minho laughed. Callie and Arizona gave him a weird look. Amber cleared and nudged his side. Minho gave her a confused look, but Amber just rubbed the back of her neck and looked in the other direction. Jessica held up her little baggie of carrots and offered one to Callie and Arizona.

 

“What’s this supposed to be?” Callie leaned closer to Arizona, “Watch it be poisoned. They’re after our jobs in the hospital.”

 

“Calliope Iphigenia Torres.” Arizona gave her a look of disbelief. 

 

“Don’t worry, I promise that I didn’t poison it.” Jessica smiled, “My little sister makes my lunch everyday before I head out to work.”

 

Callie and Arizona both looked at Jessica.

 

“Don’t worry,” Ailee smiled, “I had a carrot earlier. It isn’t poisoned, I swear,”

 

The two Americans looked at Ailee.

 

“Can I have a carrot, Jess?” Amber asked.

 

“Yeah,” Jessica smiled and offered one to Amber. “Krystal always tells me to eat my veggies since I work so much.”

 

“Carrots are good for eye sight.” Minho agreed. “Isn’t that right, Dr. Torres?”

 

“Told you,” Arizona muttered under her breath.

 

“What’s going on here?” Tiffany suddenly appeared at the door. “Are you four bothering the doctors?”

 

“No way, Boss,” Minho defended. “They assumed that we couldn’t understand what they were talking about with the poisoned carrots and stuff. So we started talking in English.”

 

“Poisoned carrots?” Tiffany raised an eyebrow, “Are you living in a fairytale, Choi?”

 

“They thought Jung’s carrots were poisoned.” Ailee shrugged and leaned back in her seat.

 

“What are you four doing here so early anyway?” Tiffany pulled up a seat for the two doctors to sit down on. “Aren’t you supposed to be going over the case?”

 

Jessica pulled out a tan folder out of her backpack, “All done. Highlighted, color coded, tabbed and there’s even a table to contents.”

 

“Nice job, Jung, Liu.” Tiffany scanned the file and nodded her head in approval.

 

“Excuse me?” The blonde said in a chirpy voice. “When will the meeting begin?”

 

“Jung, Choi, Lui, Lee, this is Dr. Arizona Robbins and Dr. Callie Torres. They are part of the board members of the Seattle Grace Hospital. Dr. Cristina Yang, Meredith Grey and Derek Shepherd were all supposed to be here, but they had emergency surgeries to tend to. So you’re all going to have to meet them some other time.” Tiffany introduced.

 

“Nice to meet you,” The four lawyers said in unison and bowed. “Please take care of us.”

 

“Have they always been this unison when it comes to introductions?” Callie asked Tiffany.

 

Tiffany shrugged, “They all hang out way too much for their own good.”

 

“Stephanie Young Hwang!” Sooyoung’s voice roared throughout the office.

 

“Oh dear God,” Tiffany muttered under her breath.

 

“What is it, Boss?” Minho sat up and looked out the door.

 

“Run.”

 

“What?” 

 

“Run!” Tiffany screamed and bolted out the door.

 

“Where the hell did she go?” Sooyoung’s face red with anger.

 

Ailee pointed towards the elevator.

 

“Tiffany!” Sooyoung broke into a sprint in the direction Ailee had pointed. “How dare you use my favorite pair of sweats as you gardening pants! Now they have holes!”

 

Yuri suddenly appeared at the door, trying to catch her breath, “Which….way…went…Ppany…Youngie….” Ailee, Jessica, Minho and Amber pointed at the elevator’s direction. “Thank..you…” Yuri took off in the direction the four pointed to.

 

“Gardening pants?” Minho raised an eyebrow.

 

“Holes in the pants?” Amber shrugged.

 

“Don’t hurt me!” Tiffany screamed as she came running into the conference room.

 

“Die, Hwang!” Sooyoung jumped on Tiffany’s back causing her to fall flat on her stomach. 

 

“Aish!” Tiffany screamed. “I’ll buy you a pair of new ones!”

 

“Those sweats have been worn so many times that it makes me feel !” Sooyoung gripped Tiffany even tighter.

 

“Ack!”

 

“Say it!” Sooyoung shook Tiffany in her tight grip.

 

“Say what?” Tiffany gasped.

 

“Soo! Ppany!” Yuri looked at her two friends on the floor. “What are you two doing?!”

 

“What’s it to you?” Sooyoung glared.

 

“It looks like you two are about to make out,” Minho shrugged. Tiffany and Sooyoung stopped and looked at Minho. “I’m just calling it as I see it.” Minho defended.

 

“You dumbnasses do realize that you’re fighting in front of two of the world’s best doctors, right?” Yuri said in a dangerously low voice.

 

Sooyoung slowly let go of Tiffany, “You’ll pay for this when we get home.”

 

“That sounds even dirtier.” Minho chuckled.

 

“Choi, shut up.” Tiffany smacked the back of his head.

 

“Yes, Boss.” Minho said.

 

“I’m suddenly having second thoughts about this merger.” Callie whispered to Arizona, who nodded.