The Real Winner (MINGYU)

WITH SEVENTEEN

“Oh, you think you can beat me” Mingyu, your annoying classmate and friend leans forward on his elbows on the desk. “Yeah she does” you close girl friend relies to him for you. You look up at her, sending her a quick glare. Mingyu scoffs, leaning back in his chair. All the male classmates surround him cheering loudly. The girls all huddling in around you, cheering for you against the boys. You look down at the desk, then back up at Mingyu who eyes you, a smirk stretched over his lips. “Then let's do this” he speaks, leaning in to rest his elbow on the desk. You follow his actions.

It was your school lunch break, and the boys had all challenged each other to an arm wrestling match. Mingyu had won each match he’d done.

You took in a deep breath, and glared to your two friends leaning in close beside you. If they hadn’t said anything, you wouldn’t be stuck in this situation. You wished to go back a few minutes to when you were watching the boys play and when you weren't stuck in this match against your… crush.

“Get set” spoke one of the boys who stepped up beside the desk. Mingyu smirked cockily and grabbing your hand in his. Your eyes widened slightly when you noticed your hands were only half the size of his, if that wasn’t an indication to your future lose, what would be?

The cheers from your classmates hushed as the boy beside you placed his hand on your’s and Mingyu’s which held one anothers.

“Ready?” the boy spoke through the silence. You nodded and eyed your hand barely visible in Mingyu’s. This was the first time you’d held Mingyu’s hand since grade one when he had a boyish crush on you. Mingyu and you had always been in the same class. You considered each other friends, but recently things had become a little more awkward. Maybe that’s because he had overheard your conversation with your friends about him, how much you like him.

“Sure am” Mingyu replied squeezing your hand.

The boy nodded and began a countdown from three. “Go”.

You decided to give this match your best effort, and to your surprise you were doing better than you had accepted. Your classmates cheered, half for you, the other for him. The wrestle didn’t waver, your hands remained where they had begun. You looked at Mingyu who appeared focused on your hands. He soon began tilting your forearm closer to the table. You pushed back, bringing your hands back up straight and over more on his side. You shifted your elbow on the table, and pushed harder. You held back a laugh as Mingyu’s arm began to weaken, lowering to the table. The cheers of your classmates got louder, the closer his hand was to hitting the desk. After about 30 seconds of you holding his hand an inch away from the desk, he gave in letting his hand drop.

“Winner!” yelled the ‘referee’ holding your arm up in the air. You couldn’t help but laugh as Mingyu rested his head on the desk. The boys who had just been cheering for Mingyu all called out your name along with the girls.

The voice all stopped at the sound of your teacher's voice. “Enough, class has started, take your seat and be quiet” your teacher demanded. Everybody rushed to their seats sitting silently you all looked forward at the chalkboard. Mingyu moved his desk to it’s proper position, bowed to the teacher and looked forward. “Mingyu-shi, this was your idea?” the teacher questioned. You looked over at him. His eyes widened. “No, no it was not” he spoke confidently. “Yes it was, he and Y/N were the ones arm wrestling” the boy who’d refereed spoke up. You glare at him. “Detention, both of you” your teacher told you and Mingyu. You weren’t given a chance to tell the truth, nor were you going to talk back to your teacher.

Class quickly finished and everybody gathered their belongings to head home, everybody but you and Mingyu. “I expect this place to be spotless when I arrive tomorrow” your teacher eyed the two of you who stood beside your desks. You both bowed as she left before shifting focus to each other. You smiled shyly.

“This is stupid” Mingyu began a conversation as he grabbed the broom from behind the door. “Yup” you replied wiping down the chalkboard. The two of you cleaned in silence, not because you didn’t want to talk to one another, but because you were more mad that you both were held back in detention for something that wasn’t your idea. A few minutes pass by. “What’s the big deal about arm wrestling anyways?” Mingyu sounded annoyed. “Really though” you laughed.

“You know, I let you win” Mingyu told you grabbing the cloth from your hands to wipe the top of the board that you can’t reach. You bowed your head in thanks for his help. “I’m sure you did” you laughed bringing it back to his last statement. “I did!” he began to sound defensive. You hummed a playfully cocky reply, climbing up onto the side counter to get the cleaning supplies. Mingyu sighed in annoyance, grabbing the box of supplies down for you. “Whatever you can continue to boast about your fake victory all you want” he spoke handing you the box. You slide down off the counter. “I will thanking you very much” you replied. Mingyu returned to his sweeping, as you began to wipe down the countertops.

A few minutes pass. You turn, nearly tripping over a kneeling Mingyu behind you. “woah” you say in shock. You watch Mingyu, who doesn’t react to you instead he just continues to sweep dirt into a dustpan. You try and hold back your laughter, but fail despite your effort.

“What?” Mingyu stands and eyes you. “Already bowing down to the winner are we?” you jokingly . He rolls his eyes, putting the broom and pan away. You begin cleaning off the desks. Mingyu’s hand lands over your shoulder spinning you around to face him. You try backing up, feeling uncomfortable with his closeness. You bump against the desk, and he steps in closer causing you to drop the wet cloth to the ground. “Oh, is the winner intimidated?” he questions you. “No~” you speak trying to slip away but he holds you back. “hmm, okay~” he replies, smirking at you. You try your best to avoid eye contact, but like your other efforts, you fail. His hand come up, tilting your chin up. And with no warning, his lips are pressed to yours. You leans down, picking you up he places you on the desk. Your lips remain against each others, just as your hands did a few hours earlier. After a short while, Mingyu pulls away. “You like me huh?” he leans down to speak in close to you, his lips brushing over your nose. You lie and shake your head. “Then why would you kiss me back?” he teases you, kissing you quickly once again. “I mean, I” you know you should tell him the truth but you don’t know how to.

“You wouldn’t be my girlfriend if you didn’t” he states. “Girlfriend?” your eyes widen. “Yeah, you wanna be or not?” he laughs to disguise his shy boyishness. You nod slowly, smiling at his understanding. You never thought he’d like you back but you were happy he did. “So uh, you might have won earlier” he begins. You giggle at him admitting his defeat. “But I’m the real winner here” he tells you before his lips meet your again.

 

 

~~~~

I hope you guys enjoy this one :)

Sorry if this isn't my best writting... O.o

remember to subscribe for more and kind comments are always welcome.