No Practiced Needed (JOSHUA)

WITH SEVENTEEN

You sat your back against the dance room mirror, your head was rested in your hands, your forearms against your knees. You were exhausted, the rest of the group had gone home to sleep soundly. But you felt as though you, individually were lacking preparation for your performance tomorrow. The hands on the clock stretched to three o'clock in the morning. You had been practicing since roughly 6:30p.m the day before. In the back of your mind was a voice telling you to give up and go home, another part was telling you how much you needed and wanted sleep, but in front of these pleads was your determination. You knew that in order to perform to your best ability tomorrow for your long awaited debut showcase, you had to practice all night until everything about you was perfect. You took in a deep breath, as your short two minute break from work came to an end. You rocked yourself on to your toes, standing up. You turned around to face the mirror. Flipping your long wavy hair from your face, you reveal your tired appearance to yourself. You tie your hair back into a messy bun, and step backward. “Only a few more times, and it should be perfect” you spoke outloud to yourself. You counted in your head and began moving your body, motion by motion. You eyed your each and every fluid move, judging each with a determined mind. You hit your final pose, and smiled. “That should be it” you confidently said. You walked over to where your best friend’s ipod sat, you turned it on typing in her password. You searched for the song in which you were to dance to, and clicked play. Quickly you pranced back to your starting position, just in time as the music began to play. You moved to the beat, enjoying yourself. You realized and felt just how well you were dancing. It came natural this time, as if you were born to do this dance. When you finished in your final position, down on your knee, you looked towards the ground letting smile stretch across your face. You breathed deeply, your hard work payed off, and you actually felt ready for tomorrow. “Wow~” a deep soft voice sounded accompanied by clapping. You glance up and into the large mirror. “Aish~” you begin, standing up and glaring at your friend. He smiles at you. He was a newer friend to you, but your relationship was growing at a rapid speed. You’ve known every year you’ve been training, and you’ve always been friends, but for some reason he's started to act different around you, causing you two get closer. “What are you doing here?” you questioned him as you turned around to face him. “Same reason you are” he stated. You looked him up and down, he looked almost as worn out as you, but for some reason he looked amazing in your eyes. “Well, I’m just leaving” you say rubbing the back of your neck and retrieving your jacket. You grab your friend’s ipod and walk to the ractice room door where he stand. “Really? Well same here” he said, following after you as you exit. “You’re joking” you turn around, his chest nearly bumping into you.

The two of you don’t say a word. In the back of your mind you know the closeness is awkward, but you can’t help but feel right. Neither of you move away, not one of you dares to look the other in the eye. Instead you both stand there, frozen. A few moments later you slowly begin to turn on your heals, only to be stopped by his hands grabbing your shoulders. He turns you back to face him. This time there was no way to avoid his eye contact. “Jo-Joshua” you stutter out his name, before slipping from his grasp. You stand only few feet from him. He doesn’t reply to your voice, only continues to look at you. “Nobody’s around” he speaks quietly, taking a step closer to you. You step back, keeping a distance between the two you.

He smirks, stepping closer once again. You try and do as you first did, taking a step, your back hits the unopened door. Trapped. Joshua, looks you up and down. Trying to read his expression and actions, you gulp not knowing what’s to come. The dim hallway light makes his features more noticeable than ever before. You gaze at his lips, they seem so soft, and honestly, you sure do want to figure out if they are, and soon enough you would.

Brushing your loose hair from your face, he places his lips gently to yours. You lips stuck together for a short moment. Soon, Joshua pulls away, though you don’t want him too. He looks at you, almost as if for permission. You nod slightly, you never thought he’d have feelings for you, but your feelings for him told you to allow him the kiss. With your gesture he leans in, pressing his soft lips back on yours. His one hand holds your waist, the other rests on your neck with his thumb running over your jawline. With a tilt of his head, he leans in deeper. Your lips dance together, a dance that needs no practice. Your lips remain together for a few moments, only taking brief breaths here and there. His lips, you honestly could say were the best things you’ve felt in your entire life. His hand slide down your body from your neck to your waist. Joshua, releases your lips from his with a smile. “I love you” He says placing his forehead to yours. You nod, not knowing how to reply. “I love you” he speaks once again, pecking your forehead and pulling you in for a hug. You wrap your arms around him, looking up you kiss his jawline then rest your head on his chest. His one hand rubs you back sweetly, causing you to lean into the hug more. Taking everything in you speak, “I love you.”

 

 

~~~

Hope you guys enjoyed :)

this was kinda odd to write, but it was for my bestie... so~

anyways, subscribe for more :)