Smooth Criminal (DINO)

WITH SEVENTEEN

You grabbed your soft pink and blue backpack off the ground. Shoving the last mouthful of your chocolate chip muffin as you opened the door. You were thankful none of the other girls were awakened by your 7:15am Monday morning alarm. You swallowed the pastry, swinging the bag over your shoulder. You decided to take the stairs, and start the week off healthy. You skipped down each step, your bag rocking left then right with each one.

It was early and the streets were full of people all rushing to get into work, as were you. You had choreography to complete and perfect. Your girl group, consisting of yourself and four other trainees were set to perform at Seventeen’s fast approaching showcase. Your position in the group was dance, leaving you in charge of most of the groups choreographies.

You walked, prancing your way around the crowd as you scrolled through some photo app on your smartphone.

Finally you reached your workplace, Pledis Entertainment. You pushed the door open, revealing a large dance studio. You sighed letting your bag slide off your shoulder and hit the ground. The studio was like home to you. You spun in a circle your arms out, taking in the fresh morning air mixed with the musty sweat induced air left over from last nights late practice. To a point it was gross, but to you it was comforting in a way. You tied your hair back into a loose pony and walked towards the large speakers at the front left corner of the room. Plugging your phone in you scrolled through your music. You found the song you wanted and clicked play. You didn’t bother stretching, you just went for it. You prace to the center of the room, eyeing yourself in the mirror you hit your starting position.

The song begins after its five second delay. You allow your body to fall into what was almost like a trance. You ignored all your surroundings, all noises of honking cars and the busy streets, all you paid notice to was you and the music.

Your body flowed in jagged hip hop motions. You flug your arms up, flicking your wrists at the last second. You dropped your arms, hitting a sharp low V. You shrugged your shoulders, bent your knees here and there, and even whipped your hair a bit. As the song ended you froze. Your final position. Your right arm was up in a high V, your fingers pointed to the ceiling, your other hand was rested on your head as if holding a hat. You leaned in a side lunge, and your face was looking towards the floor.

Considering you were dancing to Michael Jackson, you really wanted to show some Michael flare in each movement. After a brief few seconds, you boke from your pose allowing your body to fall limp. You took in a deep breath as you sat cross legged on the hardwood floor. You looked down at your hands which rested in your lap as you tried to catch your breath. You didn’t bother to shut off your music, instead you let it play some Michael classics.

 

“Wah~” you heard a voice sound in amazement from the back of the room. You look up and into the mirror ahead of you. You watch as Chan walks towards you. His jaw still dropped as he sits down beside you. “What?” you question turning your gaze to the boy to your left. “That was amazing” he tells you with a smile. “Oh” you try and hold back a girlish giggle as your crush compliments you. “Thanks Chan” you finish. “It was really good, but, if I may, can I suggest something?” he asks you. You look towards the ground, fiddling your thumbs. You usually hated when anybody added their input to your dances with you asking them, but it was Chan. “Sure” you reply. Since it was Michael you were dancing to, you knew Chan would have the best suggestions to you. You trusted his dance judgement. “Alright” he says standing up beside you. You look over to him. Your eyes trail from his red shoes, hsi black skinny jeans, baggy grey hoodie, messy hair, and boyish smile. You smile at how effortlessly good he looks, before realizing his hand is being held out to you. You take his hand and stand. “From the top” he states. He counts slowly as you mark your first eight count. He nods. “Keep going” he instructs, so you do. “Pause” his voice demands kindly. You freeze, your arms up in a high V, your hands open, palm up. You shift your feet to their proper position, a shoulder width apart. You watch in the mirror as Chan walks up close behind you. His hands grab yours. He leans around you so that the two of you are looking at one another in the mirror. “Instead, make guns” he tells you standing up straight again and repositioning your fingers and hands. You nod in agreement. Chan quickly skips around you to get a better look at the motion. “Hmm~” his voice sounds. You watch his teeth bite on his lower lip. He runs a finger along his jawline, thinking. “Ah ha!” he runs back around you realizing what else he wanted to fix. “Cross” he states, taping your ankle. You do as is wanted of you, crossing your right ankle behind your left. Chan smiles from behind you. “Okay, now from the top” he instructs and begins counting. You hit each motion with each count. “No, no, no” he nearly face palms. You bite your lip and freeze in the position you messed up on. He steps up close once again. “Wrong” he states grabbing your open faced hands that he just corrected. “Remember” he speaks in close to your ear taping your ankle once again. You shift your feet, and move your hands that remain held by his. His hands trace down your forearms, biceps, shoulders, and sides to finally rest on your waist. For a brief moment neither of you speak or move.

“Again” his voice breaks the silence. He steps away, and begins counting. You correctly hit each motion. “Keep going” Chan directs. He stops you nearly every eight count to ‘fix’ something he find wrong. Finally after 45 minutes, he’s corrected and changed nearly your whole dance. You didn’t mind, he was making it better, and all the small touches he gave you with every correction you couldn’t help but enjoy.

“To the music” Chan demands as he walks to the speakers. He finds the song and clicks play. You again, fall into the beats. Throughout the dance you allow yourself to notice his cheers. The three minutes is over. You breath in deeply. “Very good! Wah!” he speaks excitedly, applauding slightly. He steps towards you. “Thank you Chan” you say in appreciation to all his fixes and input. “It was good I may say, but,” his voice continues. For a moment you were taken back by his words. What could possibly be wrong now, didn’t the two of you just spend a near hour correcting the whole thing?

“It’s still missing something” he tells you stepping in closer. “And what’s that?” you ask him. His hands come up, cupping your cheeks in his palms. He leans in, pressing his lips to yours. Your eye refuse to close from shock. He removes his lips for a moment, allowing you to process what's happening. He places his lips back on yours, this time deepening his kiss. You close your eyes and kiss him back. after a few seconds, his lips release yours. He places your foreheads together. “The Dino flare” he answers your question, running a thumb over your now rosy red cheek. Without another word he steps away from you, a sly smirk on his face. He leaves you, puzzled. You bring a hand up to your cheek, your warm coloured cheek. You sigh. The door swings open once again. Your eyes dart towards it. Chan leans in, a smile now plastered to his face.

“Oh and keep up the good work” he winks, and leaves once again. You rub the back of your neck. “Smooth” you speak aloud about his actions. “Real smooth” you continue, clicking play once again on your music, feeling you flushed cheeks once more before hitting the perfect dance. The dance which includes the Dino flare.

 

 

 

 

~~~~

Just a little Channie for all ya :)

Hope you guys enjoyed this one :)

Please subscribe for more and comment kindly :) :)

 

 

>>> also I appologize for my constant tense switching... its a bad writing habit... sorryyy~~ O.o