Office Hunting

Love, Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                              

Tiffany stood outside of Taeyeon’s apartment, her feet tapping impatiently on the hard wooden floor. She had been trying to bang the front door down for quite some time already, but there was still no answer.


“Kim Taeyeon!” Tiffany exploded, her fist coming down hard on the door at every word. “Get. Your. Skinny. Arse. Out. Of. There!”


The door finally opened.


“What?” Taeyeon snapped, obviously just woken up. Tiffany gave him a hard stare; if she had to be honest, Kim Taeyeon was too good to be true. He had, surely, come off a magazine cover. His golden hair ruffled from his night’s sleep, looking exceptionally perfect, his skin silky white, his big eyes hazel, his nose straight, and his mouth twisting little smirks when he realised she was–what?


“Take a picture, it’ll last longer.” Taeyeon yawned, stretching a little. The hem of his shirt lifted slightly, exposing bits of his toned stomach.


Tiffany felt her face reddened, as she quickly glanced away. Clearing , she brought her eyes back to him–his face, she meant. “What are you doing still not ready?”


Taeyeon looked confused. “What do you mean? Why do I have to get ready?”


She gave him an evil eye. “Did you seriously forgot that we’re going out to look for a small building to rent?”


Taeyeon was puzzled for a moment, before he slapped himself on his forehead. “Oh shoot. That’s today?”


Tiffany crossed her arms over her chest, effectively pushing her s up. Taeyeon couldn’t keep his eyes off them. She immediately placed her arms to her sides. “What the hell are you looking at!?”


Taeyeon grinned cheekily, before bringing his hand up to run through his mop of a hair.


Tiffany stomped her foot. “Hurry the hell up will you?”


“Do you want to come in?”


“Did you really expect me to wait out here while you go get ready?” Tiffany huffed, pushing her way past him. She sat down on his couch and glanced around the apartment.


“I know it’s plain,” Taeyeon said. “I haven’t got the time to decorate it yet.”


Tiffany nodded her head, as she stared at the dull-looking walls in disgust.


“I’ll let you pick out a colour for me, if you want,” Taeyeon winked.


A wicked smile formed on Tiffany’s face. “Any colour?”


Taeyeon’s eyes widened, and he quickly shook his head. “Never mind, I changed my mind.”


Tiffany rolled her eyes as she waved her hand. “Hurry and go change, will you?”

 

 

After close to six hours walking along Seoul in search of an office where they can call their own, they have finally decided on the one just an hour away from their apartment building. It was a modern, and newish three-storey building; perfect for office starters.


Tiffany glanced around the interior of the small building, grinning to herself. She spun around in a circle, images of her dream office filling her mind.


Taeyeon watched her in awe. It was really cute how she was all giggly about this building.


“Isn’t this amazing?” Tiffany giggled. “I can just picture it: my office and the studio will be up there,” she pointed at the flight of stairs, before spreading her arms around the room they were currently in. “And the receptionist and waiting area, here.”


Taeyeon nodded with a grin on his face. He was happy she was happy.


“Now all we need is to get a few buckets of pink colour paint for the walls.”


Taeyeon did a double take. Pretty girl said what?! “Pink? Aww she still loves pink a lot huh. But then, this office? In Pink?” He pictured the empty office with full pink walls and he could not help but shivered.


Tiffany smiled, as she stepped out of the building. “Of course. Pink suits a fashion designer, don’t you think so?”


Taeyeon snapped out from his trance, shook his head to get that image out of his mind and caught up with her as she walked down the pavement. “Are you serious about that colour?”


“Do I look serious to you?”


“Aw come on!” Taeyeon whined. “Can’t we have blue instead?”


Tiffany sent him a fierce glare. “I’m the boss here.”


“But you’re my partner! We have to decide on the colour together.”


Tiffany waved it away, as Taeyeon continued arguing about what he thought they should decide together.


It wasn’t long before night fall. Tiffany, with the help of Jessica had personally hand-picked all of the furniture that they wanted in the building. Now as they sat in a restaurant, they were once again debating over a name for their small company.


“How about Locksmiths?” Taeyeon asked in between mouthfuls of food. “Something new isn’t it?”


Tiffany gave him a disgusted look when he accidentally spat out a small crumb. “What kind of name is that?”


“I don’t see you coming up with ideas.”


Jessica sat there with a blank look on her face as she sipped her wine. She sighed to herself, as the business partners began expressing opposite views about the suggested names they had come up with. She glanced at her phone—when she needed someone, just anyone, no one bothers to send her a message. But when she wanted some peace and quiet to herself, her phone gets bombarded with messages.


The more she stared at her phone, the more she was starting to regret declining her good friend, Kim Heechul’s offer about having dinner together. She would rather be anywhere but here.


She rolled her eyes when Taeyeon spat out more food crumbs. God, could he be anymore gross?


“Will you two shut up already?” Jessica snapped when the duo started hurling insults at each other. “Either decide on a name together, like normal people, or I’ll just name the company after me!”


Tiffany crossed her arms over her chest, never removing her glare from him.


Taeyeon, on the other hand was bewildered. “Name it ‘Jessica’? That’s like the most awful name I’ve ever heard, more so than Bright Pink Strawberry,” he cast a sneaky grin at Tiffany, who immediately huffed.


Jessica leaned forward and glared at him with bulging eyes. “What did you say?”


Taeyeon flinched, raising his hands in surrender. “Sorry, that’s the best name I’ve ever heard.”


Jessica rolled her eyes, before turning to Tiffany. “If you want my opinion, I suggest you to get Locksmiths Designs. It’s the only one I like.”


Tiffany gaped at her best friend. “You’re taking his side?” She asked, jutting her t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter