Soulless

Love, Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 
 

The sun rose, rays of sunlight glistened across the dark and cold room. A chorus of birds by the window sill broke the drone of the quiet room. Tiffany wished that all these that had happened was unreal; that it was just a nightmare; and that Nichkhun would walk through the bedroom door and wake her up with a cup of nice warm Earl Grey tea and a platter of hot food. But that hope was destroyed the moment she opened her eyes. She had to blink a few times to clear her vision due to her eyes being puffy after a night of hysterical crying. She wanted to sleep in the whole day. She did not want anything. She just wanted to die.


Tiffany's once bright and cheerful personality became so solemn and lifeless; like she has no longer any reason to live anymore. Tiffany stared up at the ceiling and her thoughts started to wonder off into a distance. Unconsciously, tears swelled up in her already swollen eyes when she thought of her, now ex-boyfriend. Blaming herself for not staying in Korea, she regretted wanting to get a degree in the states, she could have simply stayed in Korea to get the exact same one. She regretted everything. And because of her foolishness, she lost the one person she loved the most.


"I want to die, just let me die. I'm soulless, I don't see the meaning to live anymore..." Tiffany wailed. 


Just then, her phone rang. Tiffany ignored it, not wanting to move from where she was. However, she started to get pissed when her phone did not stop ringing. Tiffany groaned in frustration, grabbing her phone to switch it off and then throwing it to a corner of the room. As if that action triggered something, her doorbell rang. Again, she ignored it. Maybe if she pretended she wasn't home, it will go away. But that someone soon gave up on ringing the bell and instead, pounded hard on the door. 
 

“,” Tiffany cussed. Standing up, she stormed over to the front door. “Why can’t anyone just leave me to my own sorrows?”
 

 Tiffany threw the door open forcefully, ready to give whoever it was a piece of her mind.
 

"How dare you–" Tiffany trailed off when she noticed who it was. 
 

 "Listen here you little missy. You kept me up last night with all those noise you made. Who do you think you are? Ugh, I shouldn't have stayed at this hole," the man yelled, with his arms crossed. He had yelled at the girl without actually looking at her face. But when he finally did, his eyes widened too. 

 

 

------

 

 

 "Wow, just wow. What the hell is wrong with that ? Donghae lied to me! I just moved here to get some peace and quiet but what do I get? This piece of crap neighbour. He or she will get it in the morning," Taeyeon swore, reaching over the side of his bed to grab two pillows. Squishing his ears between them, he tried to cut out as much noise as he could. It wasn't long before he finally fell back asleep.
 

The next morning, he dragged himself out of bed, intending to confront the next door. But before that, he headed to the bathroom to get freshened up. 


Staring at his reflection in the mirror, he sighed loudly. He brought his fingers up to the bags under his eyes. "God, Donghae hyung is going to kill me."
 

 Taeyeon did not even bother putting on any clothing and just walked to his oh-so considerate neighbour's door. He ran the doorbell a couple of times but no one came to answer. This made him angry; there was definitely someone inside. Letting his rage take over, he slammed his fist on the door multiple times, intending to annoy whoever was in there to the point where the neighbour would finally meet him. And his fist. 
 

The door slammed opened. "How dare you–"
 

Jesus. Taeyeon rolled his eyes. Who did she think she was anyway?


"Listen here you little missy. You kept me up last night with all those noise you made. Who do you think you are? Ugh, I shouldn't have stayed at this hole." His eyes widened as he stared at the lady in front of him. All he saw was a pair of big chocolate brown eyes looking back at him, and his heart started beating rapidly. Everything slowed down in that instant.  
 

Oh Jesus Christmas, is that who I think she is?! It has been so long.. Fany, sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter