Phrase one, First date

Love, Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Phrase one, First date.

 

“Are you ready?” Taeyeon intertwined his hand with Tiffany’s, gazing into her eyes. This is the first for Tiffany to be on a live television conference and currently, she was sweating bullets. She nervously returned Taeyeon’s gaze with an equally nervous smile. Sensing her anxiousness, he gave her hand a light squeeze with a genuine smile, assuring her everything would be alright and that made Tiffany’s heart flutter.
 

“Where did I see this look before? He looked familiar…” pondered Tiffany, staring deep into his beautiful onyx orbs in search of any signs. Taeyeon saw the puzzled frown on Tiffany’s forehead and knew exactly what Tiffany was thinking about. Not wanting to be caught, he broke their eye contact immediately and looked ahead.
“Taeyeon, have I seen–”
 

“Fany, breathe in and out, we are up next,” Taeyeon cut her sentence off.
 

Hearing Taeyeon calling her ‘Fany’ made her heart skipped a beat once more, it felt so right yet so wrong. Tiffany heard this nickname somewhere, but she could not remember when. She shook her head and casted all the questions she had in mind out of the window, trying to focus on what that is right in front of her.
 

“You guys are up! Tiff!  You will do just fine, the fans will love you!” Donghae gave an encouraging push, guiding them to their seats. Cameras started flashing in all directions, fans screaming both of their names, Tiffany was overwhelmed by all these and never once let go of Taeyeon’s hand and never did Taeyeon ever consider letting Tiffany’s hand go. Reporters from many agencies started bombarded questions at Taeyeon and Tiffany. However, questions are usually directed to Tiffany.
 

“Do you feel pressured being with the Kim Taeyeon?”
 

“Are you afraid of people hating on you?”
 

“Are you with him just to boost your career?”
 

“Do you love him?”
 

Tiffany flinched at that question. She remained silent and after a while she spoke up.

“To answer whether I love Taeyeon or not, can only be proved through time,” answered Tiffany sincerely. Fans cheered for her and Taeyeon grinned at Tiffany’s sincerity, looking at her lovingly.
 

“Oh boy oh boy, Taeyeon is in love,” snickered Donghae.
 

The conference went well and to what Donghae had expected, the fans and media love them. Tiffany sighed in relief and was glad that everything went smoothly as planned.
 

“Taeyeon, you have a show to go to, quick let’s get going!” Sunny dragged Taeyeon away.
 

“But- but Tiffany-”
 

“Please god Taeyeon, stop worrying about your girlfriend, Donghae had hired a driver for her already,” Sunny cut him off and show an apologetic smile to Tiffany.

 

“Sorry, your boyfriend need to run.” winked sunny and she dragged a now sulking Taeyeon away into his van. Tiffany laughed heartily seeing how cute the pouting Taeyeon was. “He's really cute as what Jessica said a few months back.”  Taeyeon winded down the windows and yelled, “I love you! See you!” waving like a mad fan boy who met his long time superstar and then they were gone. Fans around him saw everything that had happened and screamed loudly, some of them even took videos and were now posting it on their SNS accounts, spreading the news quickly.

Tiffany waved till the van went out of sight and looked around her, fans were now around her, asking her for photographs and signatures. Complimenting her for her designs and wishing her the best with Taeyeon. Tiffany appreciated the support of both their fans and thank them earnestly, and not long after, she’s guided to her vehicle. She fished out her phone and her phone lighted up signalling new notifications had come in. She unlocked her phone and saw ‘pabo’.
 

“Why didn’t I see this name on my contact list before?” she opened the chat and she could not help but smile foolishly and start texting back.


Hello there yeppunie, I‘m the one who brought colours to your life. Many people want my number, feel honoured. - Taeyeon

Wow Kim Taeyeon, you are one cocky guy and are u complimenting me? - Tiffany
 

Come on, I’m Kim Taeyeon *wink* everyone loves me, and that includes you and yes , you are beautiful :) - Taeyeon
 

Tiffany paused. Did he called me beautiful again?
 

Um, yeppunie? Are you still there? Was I too full of myself? Are you feeling uncomfortable for me to call you that? - Taeyeon

Um, no…and no, I’m actually elated. - Tiffany
 

Taeyeon sighed in relief. He his dry lips and continue texting his crush.
 

You’re safely in the car right now right? - Taeyeon

No, I just reached home. – Tiffany
 

Taeyeon stared at his phone, pondering whether to ask Tiffany out.
 

“TAEYEON! Change into your 5th outfit, out in 2!”
 

Taeyeon cussed under his breath and replied a quick ‘be right back’ and ran to where he was needed. At 8pm, Taeyeon finally finished his schedules and his stomach growled hungrily. He made his way to his van and he asked his chauffeur to stop by a florist shop. He put on his disguise which includes a pair of nerdy spectacles, a mask and of course, his favourite beanie. He stepped out of the van and paced normally into the florist shop. He was welcomed with the aroma of different flowers, he looked around for Tiffany’s favourite flower, the pink camellia.

 

Flashback

“Fany-ssi, what is your favourite flower?” asked Taeyeon.
 

“Come on, TaeTae, drop the formalities, you do know I’m a year younger than you, right?” Tiffany giggled, caressing Taeyeon’s face. She pushed his sliding spectacles up causing him to blush in shyness.
 

“Mmmm, I think I like pink camellia flower the most?” continued Tiffany, still smiling brightly.
 

“Why is that so then?” questioned Taeyeon.
 

Tiffany stood up from where she was sitting and breathe in the freshness of the air. She spun around and said, “It symbolizes having to think about someone that you are longing for. In addition, pink camellia are really pretty,” answered Tiffany.
 

“Do you have anyone in mind? Nichkhun?” Came another question and Taeyeon always knew Nichkhun had a thing for her. He might just sentenced himself a death sentence.
 

Tiffany looked at him, puzzled.


“Uh, no?”
 

“Why?”
 

“What do you mean why?”
 

“I mean, he is the king jock in this school. He’s rich and sweet, and he is every girl's’ dream Guy.” shrugged Taeyeon, trying to act normal.
 

“He sure is good looking and sweet but I’m not interested?” Tiffany sat beside Taeyeon once more and looked into his eyes.
 

“Do you know, you have this soft gaze and smile that always make me feel special?” smiled Tiffany.
 

“What-what-huh?”
 

“I’m not interested in him when I already have you, TaeTae. I’m longing for you.” blushed Tiffany and she stare at the fallen leaves and lay her head on Taeyeon’s shoulders.
 

Taeyeon said nothing and held onto Tiffany’s hand and they fell into a comfortable silence.

End of flashback

 

Taeyeon stood there, staring blankly at those pink camellia, reminiscing the best moments he had with Tiffany when they were in high school. A lone tear fell.
 

“I almost had you, Fany,” thought Taeyeon painfully, wiping his tear with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter