The Game Plan

Love, Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany and Jessica were lounging together on the couch watching some Rom-Com movie. It was a stay-in Sunday morning – two days after the Carnival Date.


“So, Tiff,” Jessica started, her eyes on Tiffany who was busy stuffing popcorns into . “I heard many interesting stuff from Donghae…”


Tiffany paused. “What stuff?”


“Well, for starters, you two kissed.”


“Taeyeon told him?! That assho-”


“Calm your , girl,” Jessica rolled her eyes. “It was all over the internet.” Jessica was calm for a moment before she literally pounced on Tiffany, almost making her drop her bowl of popcorns. “So, how was the kiss? Was it a yay, or a nay?”


“What the hell, Jess?!” Tiffany shrieked, trying desperately to save the falling popcorns. “What’s the point of making popcorns if they’re just going to end up on the floor?”


Jessica giggled, “I need to know how you feel about the kiss. Was it a mind-blowing, I-need-you-to-be- kiss?”


“I don’t answer to you,” Tiffany grumbled under her breath, bringing a handful of popcorn into .


“I’m your best friend, Tiffany Hwang,” Jessica scolded. “If not me, who are you going to talk about your feelings with?”

 

Tiffany sighed, placing the bowl on the coffee table. “Fine. I liked the kiss, okay?”


Jessica narrowed her eyes at her. “That’s not good enough.”


“You’re lucky I didn’t ask about the ‘sleepover’ you had with Donghae!” Tiffany pointed an accusing finger at her. She giggled when she noticed the lightest tint of red on Jessica’s cheeks.


“How the hell did you know about that?!”


This time it was Tiffany’s turn to smirk. “A little birdie told me, but that’s not important now. So, you and Donghae…”


Jessica kept fiddling with her fingers, as she shifted away from her.


“Are you nervous, Jessica Jung?” Tiffany teased.


“Shut up,” she mumbled.


“Aw,” Tiffany cooed, reaching out to pinch her friend’s cheek. “Jessica Jung blushing over a guy, how adorable!”


Jessica simply slapped her hand away. “Stop teasing me. Yes, Donghae and I are a thing now, okay?”


“I will stop teasing you if you will.”


“Fine.”


“Fine.”


“Maybe fine will be our always,” Tiffany chirped again.


“Shut up, Tiff.”

 

---

 

“Let’s go out tonight,” Taeyeon stated. “For dinner. Like a date.”


He was having a video call with Tiffany, giggling over their previous Carnival date.


“Are you asking me or telling me?” She laughed.


Taeyeon pouted. “Well… You know what I mean! Have dinner with me. Please? We could also put the plan into action too, if you want.”


“Wow! The Kim Taeyeon just said please!” Tiffany teased. “Mr. Egotistic has manners!”


Taeyeon narrowed his eyes at the camera. “Not funny.”


“I know, I’m sorry,” Tiffany smiled, her beautiful eyes glistening. “Of course I’ll have dinner with you.”


“Great!” Taeyeon grinned, his chin resting on his hand. “What do you feel like eating?”


“How about this great Café at Sixth Street?” Tiffany asked. “I haven’t been there in years.”


Taeyeon agreed, and after chatting for a few more moments, Tiffany had to go.


“Sorry Tae, Jessica’s bugging me about what she’s going to wear when she meets Donghae later.”


She noticed the mischievous look in his eyes and before she could tell him to watch his words because he was on loudspeaker (and Jessica could hear him), he laughed, “Tell her that she don’t have to spend time thinking of what to wear. It’s not going to stay on her anyway.”


Tiffany closed her eyes the same time she heard Jessica screaming bloody murder. After holding Jessica back for a few minutes from almost punching the screen where Taeyeon’s amused face was, the blonde finally calmed down.


“ing son of a ,” Tiffany heard Jessica mumbled angrily as she stalked out of the room.


“Well that was fun,” Taeyeon chuckled softly.


“You’re incorrigible!” Tiffany scolded. “Have you not learnt a thing from the bruises she gave you?”


“She won’t do a thing to me,” Taeyeon puffed out his chest. “If she wants her relationship with Donghae to keep going…”


Tiffany stared daggers at him. “Are you seriously blackmailing her?”


Taeyeon raised his hands in surrender. “I was kidding! Nothing I say or do is going to stop Donghae from fu-seeing Jessica.”


“You’re so rude!” Tiffany laughed.


“Anyway,” Taeyeon started. “I’ll pick you up at around 8, okay? See you, peace!” He winked and did a salute before ending the call.


Tiffany giggled as she held her phone near her pounding heart and sighed in content – she was excited for the dinner date. She could not deny the fact that she missed Taeyeon a lot, they did not have a chance to meet each other since their carnival date. However, without the both of them knowing, they had grown especially close. Taeyeon was just too busy with his modelling schedules but she was happy to at least talk to him on the phone.


 


“Oi, aren’t you tired? You’ve been smiling to yourself for–” Donghae raised his wrist up to look at his watch. “5 hours straight! God–”


“That’s because I’m happy, hyung,” Taeyeon smiled softly, his eyes staring off into space.


Donghae stopped mid-sentence and stared at his good friend. The Taeyeon he knew was always someone who often disclose himself from the real world, especially after the death of his foster mother, Mrs Lee. For so many years, this was the first time he saw the genuine happiness in Taeyeon’s eyes. And he couldn’t be more proud of this boy he treat as his very own little brother.


Donghae clapped Taeyeon’s shoulder affectionately. “I’m glad, brother.”


 

 

“Jessi! I need your help!” Tiffany literally screamed into the phone.


“….” Exhale.


“Jess?” Tiffany questioned.


“…….” Breathing.


“Jessica? Are you there?” She frowned, sensing something wrong.


“Um, hi,” she heard a male’s voice answered her. “Jessica’s…well she’s…”


“WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH YOU! I’M HAVING MY ING BEAUTY SLEEP!” This time, it was Jessica. Scre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter