The Contract

Love, Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wake up!" Jessica yelled into Tiffany's ear. 


Tiffany jumped, as she fumbled with the sheets wrapped tightly around her legs. "What the hell–"


"Wakey wakey, sunshine," Jessica smiled. 


"What time is it?" Tiffany asked drowsily. Then she narrowed her eyes at her best friend. "How did you get into into my apartment?"


Jessica's face lit up, almost as though she was waiting for that question to be asked. Jiggling the extra set of keys in her hand, she waved it in Tiffany's face. "I managed to snatch it the day I brought you to the shopping mall."


"That's called stealing, Jess."


Jessica rolled her eyes. "It's not yours anyways."


Tiffany looked crestfallen; and Jessica immediately felt guilty. Wrapping an arm around her, she sighed, "I'm sorry Tiff, I didn't mean to bring it up." 


"I'm alright," Tiffany avoided her eyes and sniffed. 


Jessica nodded before standing up, pulling Tiffany with her. "Well then, let's go!"


Tiffany looked puzzled. "Go where?"


Jessica gave her the evil eye. "Did you not receive my message yesterday?"


Tiffany looked even more bewildered. "What the hell are you talking about? What message?"


It was Jessica's turn to look confused. "I didn't text you yesterday?"


Tiffany shook her head, wondering what was going on in her best friend's head. 


"But I remember texting someone yesterday...the whole day," Jessica said, a frown etched on her forehead. 


Tiffany rolled her eyes. "Do I even have to guess that it was Donghae whom you texted?"


Jessica's face reddened in embarrassment. "Tiffany Hwang! Don't you dare say anything about this to anyone you hear me!"


A teasing smile formed on Tiffany's face. "Oh, so it was Donghae."


"Shut up!"


Tiffany burst out laughing, holding her stomach as she rolled around in her bed. "Oh my God, Jess! Your face is as red as my carpet right now."


Jessica shrieked, smacking her. "Stop laughing! It's not funny!"


Tiffany lifted her hands up in surrender, "Okay okay. I'm sorry, I promise I won't mention this again."


Once Jessica had finally calmed down. Tiffany questioned, "So what are we doing today that you have to rudely barge into my room?"


Jessica smiled, "We are going to sign the contract that Donghae had had someone wrote it. We're meeting him and his model in the modeling agency." Slapping her , she added, "Come on move your arse. I told him we'll meet them at 10 in the morning, and it's already nine."

 

 

 

The elevator opened directly into Donghae's private office, a huge room occupying the corner of the building with floor-to-ceiling windows giving views in two directions: the main road, and the side of the building. Tiffany glanced around the room; the two remaining walls contained a door, a low bookshelf, a counter with a pitcher of water and a few glasses, and a painting. 


Donghae was sat at his desk — it was uncluttered: a computer, a leather notebook, a landline and a framed photograph of an elderly man with a woman who looked to be about her age. 


"Wow," Jessica said breathlessly. Donghae grinned as he walked over to the two girls. 


Tiffany turned to look at him. "I didn't know you have an office to yourself."


Donghae had tugged Jessica under his arm. "Every PR Manager has an office to themselves." Leaning in to kiss Jessica's temple, he smiled. "But I'm special. My boss loves me so she gave me my very own office with an elevator."


Jessica stared daggers at him. "She?"


Donghae burst out laughing. "I'm just kidding. Because my model is really successful, we brought a lot of money to the agency so this is like a reward for us."
 

Jessica walked over to pick up the picture frame on his desk. "Is this your dad and your sister?"
 

Donghae nodded. "Yeah, they died in a car accident a year ago."
 

"Oh," Jessica whispered sadly, quickly placing the frame back to where it was. She turned to Donghae and touched his chest lightly. "I'm so sor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter