The meeting

Finding Jimin's Jam.

“Uh… This isn’t going to work,” Jimin’s glazed eyes look up from the paper he has in hand. “I mean, I know I’m charming but I’m not this charming.” Suga, sitting across from him, breaks out into a rare laughter.

“Yeah! If Jimin saw a gun, he’d be like—“ Suga gets up and pretends to be playing ‘hot potato’, tossing it to Rapmonster. “Catch it, Namjoon hyung!” The guys and staff members in the reading room all crack up, envisioning the ridiculous but rather realistic reaction of Jimin.

“That’s enough.” Bang PD-nim stances his ground, sitting at the far end of the table. “It’s just an idea to get Jimin’s popularity up. No need to make fun of our writing team.” Bang PD-nim leans forward in his chair and props his elbows unto the wooden meeting table in a serious manner. “Do we have another idea, staff?” Everybody’s eyes shift uncomfortably towards each other. One scrawny guy with tacky fashion sense and greasy hair, timidly raises his hand as he pushes up his thick glasses with the other. “Yes, Jung Kook-- our newest addition to the staff. You have one?”

Jung Kook reveals his dusty crumpled tissue and blows his nose into it before he starts. “There’s a popular cooking show featuring rising celebrities. If we can get Jimin into the episode airing in two weeks, he’ll be learning how to make jam.” Silence is killer. Bang PD-nim clears his throat, making it jiggle.

“Go on?”

“On popular social media, I see that ARMY is concerned about Jimin and not having any jams.” Taehyung claps once in agreement.

“It’s true! Even in fan meetings, fans keep on bringing pictures of jam to give to Jimin!”

Jung Kook pushes up his falling glasses again. “Y-Yes. I just think Jimin finding his jam would make for it an interesting idea and ARMY will think it's quite cl-cleaver…” Bang PD-nim rubs his chin, thinking in silence. “Do you—“ Bang PD-nim slams down the table, rising from his seat.

“I like it! Jung kook, you’re in charge of that project. Meeting adjourned.” Bang PD-nim rubs his Buddha belly. “Ken, want to go out for Korean BBQ tonight?” His voice trails off as the staff slowly head out. Jimin walks up to Jungkook and puts out his hand for a shake.

“I’m BTS Jimin. Please take good care of me!” Jungkook blinks twice behind his fogging glasses as he shakes Jimin’s hand for the first time.