Jimin's a threat.

Finding Jimin's Jam.

BTS is unchangeable. Their good looks and irresistible charm follow them wherever they go: concert stage, fan meetings, New York, bathroom, New York’s bathroom, my restaurant. The platinum card in my hand trembles as the masked man stands in front of me. Beads of cold sweat are running down my spine though all I need to do is swipe the card on the register to give him what he asks. He looks side to side, sighing quietly as his patience runs thin. I close my eyes as a whimper escapes from my lips.

 

“Hyung!” Jimin runs towards the masked man, giving him a tight back hug. The masked man, surprised by a sudden attack, drops his pistol that he’s been holding unto behind his trench coat. Jimin looks down indifferently and picks it up, pointing it towards the man in disguise. His hands shoot up as beads of cold sweat are now dropping down his face. “You dropped thi—“ Jimin tilts his head to the side in confusion, only now fully observing the man. “Oh, I’m sorry. You’re not Yoon Gi hyung—“

 

Shrilling sirens in the distance draw in closer to the restaurant. The man in black panics as he s himself forward in attempt to grab the gun in Jimin’s hand but Jimin slides it down the counter to where Rapmon’s sitting. Rapmon’s fingers hastily fumble with the gun until he accidentally unloads it, letting the bullets fall out and hit the marble floor with a clink. “Put your hands up!” Cops barge into the restaurant with their guns pointed at us. The criminal hops over the counter and grab unto my wrist but fails to fully make it through when Jimin latches unto his leg. I wince in pain as the man pulls desperately unto my wrist now turning white. I see hopelessness in the man’s eyes just as his body flinches and twitches with every bullet hit. All the noise around me disappears. Even my breathing sounds distant as my eyes are glued to the lifeless leaving the man’s eyes. My scream is inaudible as I take a step back—the criminal’s grip finally slipping away from mine. Everything I observe plays in slow motion. Jimin jumps over the counter and cautiously moves in closer to me. I crouch down on the floor protecting myself from any more harm. Jimin comes over and puts his blazer around me, embracing me in his arms as he rubs my back up and down. He’s what brought me back to reality. I stare into his worried eyes just before he pulls me into a tighter hug, letting me be enveloped by his tenderness.