Chapter 11

The Story of an NBSB Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

“Forgiveness doesn’t come easy….”

I woke up only to see that I am not in my room, nor in my bed… I am in Sehun’s arm—Did I just sleep in his arms… My heart suddenly beats fast and my tummy turned upside down. I didn’t know I fell asleep while talking to him. We were seated on the beanbag in his room and I was covered with his blanket, damn I didn’t know I’ll be in such situation like this. Only thought that this kind of scenes happens in the movies where a girl sleeps in the arms of his prince charming and- I hold on to my cheeks which I am sure would be as red as a tomato. Gosh I feel like my beating heart would wake sehun up from its loudness. I turned my gaze at him and watched him as he calmly sleep in there. I smiled, it is the first time I saw him sleep… his face so calm and pretty. I didn’t realize I zoned out as I stare at him because I didn’t realize he was already awake.

“Is my face that mesmerizing that you’ve forgotten to blink?” He smirked.

Damn this zoning out has been a hobby of mine.

“Who said I was staring?” I lied, quickly looking away.

He just grins and leans close to me causing me to lean back on the bean bag. “Oh come on, denying are we?” he says teasingly.

Oh gosh our face is so close that I can literally feel his breathe in my face, his lips looks so red too— wait… this is not good I should retreat!!

I pushed him away from me. “No. You look like a dead fish sleeping.” I lied and stood up from the beanbag. “How did we end up here again?” I asked.

“Yeah right.” He mumbles but I was able to hear it. “Well you were crying so hard that I thought it’s best to bring you home instead of your own—“ He says shrugging.

“Oh right..” I said as I recalled what we talked about.

 “I should probably get going, mom might get worried I am still not back from my walk.” I said and quickly took my coat hanging on the rack.

“Alright then. Remember I am always here to help you… just call when you need someone to talk to or just someone.” He says smiling.

“Will do. Thanks.” I said smiling widely.

I waved goodbye before heading back to my house only to come across my brother on the doorway. I still don’t know how to face him with both guilt and anger I am feeling towards him. I don’t even know how to talk to him or start conversing like before. He looks at me with some hint of anger flashing but I ignored it and went straight to the kitchen where I saw my mom cleaning the table my brother just left at.

“Good Morning Sweetie.” She says and plants a kiss on my forehead.

“Morning mom.” I smiled a bit and sat on one of the chairs.

“Your brother seems to be in a bad mood since last night, how did the game go?” She asks me as she sets the plate in front of me and places some bimbap on my plate.

I sighed. I didn’t really want to talk about it with her.. I don’t want to tell her what happened and how me and oppa won’t talk with each other and the hurt feelings since it would only disappoint her…. I sighed again.

“They were defeated.” I simply said.

My mom seems to catch on and just nodded without adding any more questions. Thanks mom.

“Anyway I am about to go out, I am meeting my friends. Just clean up after eating alright?” She says and pecks on my forehead again.

“Alright, Take care and enjoy.” I said and waved at her.

“You too. Be well hmm?” she says smiling sympathetically at me. Hopefully I will be.

I stared at the food in my plate and sighed. I should think of something to do while I am alone in the house since thinking might kill me… so I quickly finished my food and headed to the living room, opening the large television as I grab the remote and started surfing the net.

2 hours… 2 boring hours has passed with me pigging on chips and watching 2 movies yet it still doesn’t seem to entertain me. Gosh I am so bored I should get out of the house.

Quickly getting up to my room I took a bath and changed into new sets of clothes before grabbing my purse and leaving the house. Sehun has basketball practice today, Seulgi’s in art class, chanyeol’s phone is out of reach I wonder what that guy has been up to, he’s getting really busy. And Han….. I guess it will be me myself and I playing around myself.

I decided to just take a stroll in the city and not to think about my problems for a while. I’ll deal with them once again… maybe tomorrow? Or the next day…

As I was walking I saw a flower shop, hmm… maybe I should get new flowers for the house, the ones we have will wither soon.

Walking closer I realize who the lady that was selling the flowers is…. It’s her. Ahjumma…. Xiao’s mom.

My heart started beating fast weirdly and seems to be clenching. Does she still remember me? Does she still hate me? Where’s Xiao? Is he alive? I hope he is… These questions keep running in my mind.

There’s only one way to find out. I took a deep breath before walking towards her. As I stand in front of her, I looked at her and waited for her to talk first. She looks back at me. Oh gosh…

Then she smiled?

Did I see that right? She’s smiling at me right now?

“Yes young lady? Would you like to buy some flowers?” She asks as she sincerely smiles at me. She doesn’t recognize me… I figured out.

“Ah—yes.” I say smiling back.

“What do you think is the prettiest around the house to keep it lively and doesn’t die fast?” I asked.

“Hmm… sunflowers bring positivity in the room I use to keep those kind in my son’s room.” She says smiling. So he’s alive. I release a sigh of relief. Maybe I can use this time to know what happened to xiao and—maybe know where he is now? So I continued talking to her… about plants and flowers ofcourse, I can’t be figured out, atleast for now.

“It’s nice seeing a pretty young lady still interested in plants and flowers. Usually kids your age doesn’t care about stuff like this anymore.” She says. “My son helps me with the things around but he was never interested in flowers.”

“Well flowers are really good in a room. It gives another feel to it.” I say.

“Indeed. By the way what’s your name pretty lady?” She asks me.

My name… Right.

“I HATE YOU JOOHYUN-AH! I’ll never forget that name!”

“Bae….” Joohyun. I look at her with guilt.

“Bae Irene.” I say smiling weakly. I can’t take to heart to see the smile in her face fade once I mention what my real name was. Maybe it’s better if things remained like this… forgotten, buried in the past.

“Bae Irene. Pretty name, it suits you a lot.” She says.

“Thanks ahjumma.” I say.

She smiles.

“By the way I have to get going now, it’s nice meeting you.” I say.

“It was nice meeting you too.” She says. “I hope you come back some time.” She added.

“I surely will. I look forward to meeting your son, he seems like a good guy base on your stories..” I say smiling slightly.

“I am sure he’ll be delighted to meet you too sometime.” She says.

“Alright then.” I waved goodbye and was about to walk out of the shop when someone entered and as I look as to who it was… It was Han.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter