Chapter 9

The Story of an NBSB Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

“You got to tell her how you feel before it’s too late.”

It’s been a week since we last talked and like what I asked him to, he did not talk to me and gave me space, so I’ve been spending my days with Han since seulgi is busy with her part time job after classes and chanyeol seems busy too, plus Han’s the one calling all the time and asking me to go with him here and there, I practically spent my days with him— Going to that underground dance club, in his school’s field, watching him enhance his skills as he says and practice.

Today’s   Wednesday meaning it’s a school day. Since that incident last week the students remained silent and acted as if that scene never happened. Soojung on the other side keeps apologizing to me and telling me that it’s not what Sehun meant and she’s apologizing on his behalf. To be honest I don’t know how to feel about that. There’s no need for her to say sorry to me for him.

I bid my mom farewell and headed out on the bus stop luckily it was not a long wait as I arrive the bus did too. So I sat on my normal spot and plugged my earphones on but then my music was disturbed by the sudden buzzing of my phone.

“Good Morning, Where are you now?” I read through my mind. It was a text from han.

“I am in the Bus, on my way to school.” I replied.

“I see. What are you doing there?” He replied fast.

“Am sitting? Duh.” I shake my head at my own sarcasm.

“I see. Don’t you miss me?” He asks. I scoffed.

“Why should I?” I replied, laughing in mock at his text.

“Cause I missed you.” Someone whispers in my ear causing me to jump a little from my seat and shivers so I quickly turned around only to see Han seated behind me.

“How low have you been there?” I asked.

“Amm a few seconds after you entered the bus.  I thought you’d notice me but you didn’t.” He pouted.

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah right.” I poke his forehead to push him a little since his face was really close.

He stood up from his seat then pushes me a little for me to move on the other side as he sat next to me.

“So why are you in this bus when your school is in the other way?” I ask, raising an eyebrow.

“Well I wanted to get entertained before I head to class.” He says shrugging.

I frowned. “So you find me a form of entertainment?’ I ask as I cross my arms on my chest.

He grins and uncross my arms holding my hand in surprise. “Nope, but teasing you is.” He winks playfully.

“Ugh.” I quickly took my hand away from him but he takes it again.

“Baby girl is mad?” He asks as he pokes my cheek.

“Baby girl? Ew. Get it done Han and stop calling me weird names.” I say pushing him away and taking my hand off him.

“Psh Grumpy Joohyun.” He says and puffs his cheeks like a kid.

The bus stopped right infront of my school and to be honest I was quite sad I’ll be parting with Han now, he might act all childish and narcissist and flirty but knowing him deeply will want you to know him even more.

As I stand up from my seat I was surprised when I saw the person that looked at me in the eyes before walking pass me and getting down the bus. Sehun. I sigh and looks at Han who’s looking at me.

“Don’t be too sad you’re going to school Joohyun-ah. I’ll pick you up later.” He says and winks at me.

“So full of yourself really.” I shake my head and gave him a light push in the forehead before waving goodbye and walking to the campus, then I saw Sehun… leaning in the side of the gate and when he saw me he quickly walk to where I am so I stand here in my spot waiting.

He takes my hand and pulled me to walk with him inside but I refused to and removed my hand from his grip which shocked him as he turns to me with an angry face.

“What do you want?” I ask him.

“He can hold your hand like how he did a while ago but I can’t?” He suddenly asks and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. What is he on about—then I recalled Han teasing me and holding my hand in the bus.

“And So? It’s not like it’s your business.” I say and was about to walk out when he held my hand again.

So I turned and shouted at him. “What do you want now?” I ask.

“You.” He simply answered, looking in my eyes. “I want you back. I want our relationship to get back to how they were before—no… forget that I want to be more than that. Irene I like you alright? And do you know how much it kills me seeing you with another guy?” He says all those looking straight in my eyes and for a moment I saw how he really feels. Hurt. Sadness. And a hint of Jealousy. Some of the feelings I’ve felt before.

Am I still dreaming or is this really happening.

He walks closer to me. “I like you Irene. I’ve started liking you the first time I laid my eyes on you and it’s hard for me since I can’t tell you how I feel.” He said.

I just look at him and said nothing… I am still processing what I’ve heard but then someone called me.

“Irene!” Chanyeol shouted a few steps away from me. Sehun just sighed and gave me one last look before walking away.

“Did he do anything to you? Should I give him another punch?” Chanyeol asks as he acts as if he’s ready to throw a punch.

“Wait you did what—again? When did you punch him?” I ask. Don’t tell he did that—

“When he screamed at you. He deserves it anyway.” He says shrugging.

“You shouldn’t have done that.” I say sighing and shaking my head.

“Why not? Wait don’t tell me you still like him—“ Chanyeol furrows his eyebrows and looked at me.

I remained silent.

He gasps. “You still do? After what he did to you?”

“It’s not like you can control feelings.” I retorted.

“Unbelievable.” He shakes his head.

“Shut up.” I rolled my eyes and walk away from Chanyeol.

“Yah! Wait for me.” Chanyeol says followed me.

---

What Sehun said this morning bothered me the whole day, the same exact words he said kept on replaying in my mind nonstop. 

I am now seated in front of the television in our living room watching my brother walk in circles in front of me and rant on whoever that LH guy is.

“I swear this is is so unfair. He’s a transferee how can he be one of the players to be scouted by those teams.” He yells as if it’s me he’s fighting with.

“So what if he’s a transferee? Is he that good that you’re being threatened like that?” I ask and after those words left my lips I regretted saying them.

My brother turned to me and his looks turned dark. Oh no this is not good, he’ll be having an outburst. I bite my lips waiting for him to start screa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter