Chapter 5

The Story of an NBSB Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

“Good things happen when you meet strangers.”

Third Person P.O.V

As soon as luhan opened his eyes, he sits up and stretches his arms as he yawns before taking his phone from the side table.

He presses on the power button on and waits for his phone to open, but as soon as the phone opens he was surprised to see someone else as the background photo or wallpaper.

“Wait a minute-“ He says, staring at his phone. Luhan rubs his eyes again and again then stares back at his phone. “Since when did I have her picture? I wasn’t drunk last night so I wouldn’t put her background—“ That’s when he started recalling the time they had interacted.

“Oh no.” He quickly slid the phone open and look through the phone he was holding. It’s positive. It was her phone. He saw a message so he quickly opened it.

You missed 15 calls from +82-*-***-**** this is my number. He thought as he reads it. She has been trying to contact me since last night.  

So without hesitations, he calls back to his number and waits for her to answer, but then he recalled their school trip is today.

“Damnit.” With one last beep, he hangs up and headed straight to his wardrobe to pack his clothes since they’ll be staying in Marado for a week.

He then checked the phone again. “Still no reply? She must still be sleeping.” He says to himself and looks at the clock. 5:45 a.m. Well it surely is still early for her to be up. He sighs. But then he has to leave at 6:30 a.m so that means they won’t have time to meet and exchange phones.

He just walks towards the bathroom to shower.

------

Irene’s alarm clock came ringing in right in time. 7 a.m. She wakes up at seven since her class won’t start till 10 so waking up too early would be useless. She quickly slapped it close to stop ringing. Ugh I forgot to turn it off again, it’s the weekends. She thought grunting to herself.

She tossed and turned but she doesn’t seem to get the sleepiness back. Sighing she stretched her whole body on the bed before sitting up trying to get herself together.

She turned to the phone lying next to her the led light is blinking red. That means there’s a notification. So she quickly took it and unlocked it.

2 miss calls from +82-*-***-****

“He finally tried contacting me!” She happily cheers to herself before calling back to her phone number. After five rings he finally answered.

“Hello?”

“Hello? Am Hi! This is the—“

She wasn’t able to finish her sentence as the guy on the other line finished it for her.

“The owner of the phone, I know.” He finishes.

And she nods. Upon realizing he cannot see her she speaks again. “Yeah, so amm.. I am sorry about the switch.”

“It’s alright, it was my fault anyway we bumped into each other.” He says.

“So… How do we switch back? Can we meet later?” She asks.

“About that…” Luhan trails off on the other line. “We can’t.” He said.

“What? Why?” Irene asks, eagerly as she frowns.

“Well you see I am already in the bus on the way to Marado..We still need to catch the ferry so I can’t drop by.” He answers.

“So that means we’ll be stuck with each other’s phone for—wait. How long will you be gone?” She asks.

“A week.” He answers.

“WHAT?! That long?” Irene sighs. “Ugh. Why didn’t you contact me earlier!” She huffs her cheeks as she volumes up her voice which surprised luhan.

“I—sorry I was too tired last night I feel asleep as soon as I got home.” He answers truthfully. “But I did tried calling you earlier… I guess you were still asleep.” He added.

Irene felt guilty for her voice raising. “I am sorry for the outraged. It was also my fault.”

Luhan smiles on the other line. “It’s alright. It’s no one’s fault.” He says.

“Hmm…” Irene says before sighing. “So what do we do now?” she asks.

“Well we could exchange after I get back from our trip, for the mean time we can forward and relay each other’s messages?” He suggests.

“That means we get to read the messages others sent to us?” Irene says suddenly feeling flustered.

“Well if you don’t mind, since I wouldn’t mind you reading my messages.” He says. 

“Alright then.” Irene said. “But mind you I might get weird messages.” She warns.

Luhan chuckles on the other line. “It’s fine.”

“By the way… I am Irene, Bae Irene. How about you?” She says before asking back.

It was silent for a few moments before he answered. “You can call me Han.” He said.

“Han. It’s amm nice talking to you?” She says unsure of what she would say.

“Well it’s nice talking to you too Irene.” He says.

“Amm… I’ll be hanging up now. Need to do my morning routines. I’ll just forward your messages this morning.” She says as she bids farewell.

“Alright then, Thank you… I’ll be doing the same.” Luhan says as he looks at his phone before pressing the end call. “Oh and Irene.” He calls.

“Yes?” Irene answers back.

“I hope we could still talk and get to know each other.” He says, awaiting for her reply.

“Hmm.. that wouldn’t be a bad Idea.” She finally answers. “Talk to you later then Han.”

“Bye Irene.” Luhan said and they both ended the call.

As Irene ends the call she smiles and quickly took her laptop to open her sns to message Seulgi and warn her.

 

---------------------------------

Present Day….

Irene’s P.O.V.

My day wasn’t getting better after what happened early this morning it just got worst. They were together and talking the whole 3 hours, they were even reprimanded for talking while the Professor was lecturing.

I sigh and frowned upon receiving another text from Han’s phone. This Guy seems to be pretty popular he’s been receiving lots of texts mostly from girls which seem to be hitting on him. But he said he doesn’t want to reply so I don’t send in any reply but they still text him… I guess there are a lot of desperate ladies around.

“What seems to be the problem angel face?” Chanyeol says as he sits in front of me, tapping the edge of my chin. Pfft. I slap his hand away.

“Nothing.” I say bluntly.

He grinned evilly. “I think I know why.” He says then turned his gaze at both Soojung and Sehun then back at me wiggling his eyebrows. I just rolled my eyes and stood up from my seat. Since its break time I’ll just have my lunch in the school’s garden.

“Yah! Let’s go together.” Chanyeol says and slings an arm on my shoulder. I just let him do it walking away from the classroom together.

“I guess he’s hooked with a new girl.” Chanyeol says making me furrow my eyebrows towards him. “Woah calm down tiger, don’t worry in my opinion you’re still prettier than her.” He winks at me. Okay I had enough my mood’s down and he’s not helping either. So I pushed him away.

“I’m eating alone, go away.” I say and walk away from him.

“Fine! Grumpy woman, if you need me I’ll be in the cafeteria on the second floor.” He says before waving and running cross pass me.

Pfft. He might be annoying but I am still thankful he’s tolerating me well. Since he said he’ll be going on the second floor cafeteria, I head towards the first

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter