Chapter 8

The Story of an NBSB Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

Jealousy

“A sentiment which is born in love and which is produced by the fear that the loved person prefers someone else.”

As I was seated alone in the School’s garden someone suddenly approached me, sitting next to me he then handed me a handkerchief.

“Here.” He says.

“No thanks.” I say kindly.

“It’s alright.” He said and took my hand, giving it to me.

“Thanks.” I said and wiped my tears away.

“Are you feeling alright now?” He asks.

I look at him weirdly. Why does it seem like this guy knows what I am feeling—well it’s obvious I am crying but—

I just nodded in respond. He just patted my shoulders and left me with bottled water and a sandwich? I watch his retreating back, still finding his sudden actions weird…

Why would that be weird? It’s because Lay never actually talked to me, I think this would be the first time we actually had a conversation?

I smiled. At least someone cares for me whatever his reason may be.

---

Like yesterday didn’t happen, I came to class normally… Smiling I approach Seulgi who’s already in her chair chatting with Chanyeol.

“Hey guys.” I said and sat next to her.

“Hi Irene-ah.” She says and Chanyeol who was slouching sat straight.

“Bae!” He says and squished me in his hug.

“What the-“ I look at him weirdly and seulgi just chuckles.

“Are you feeling alright now?” He asks me as he lets go and the two of them looked at me.

I faked a laugh. “What question is that? Of course I am.” I said and looked away. I am not.. I am just trying to be okay.

Seulgi just embraced my other arm and chanyeol patted my back. This is why I love this two, they’re always there for me.

Our last subject is Culinary which means cooking is the main point which is something I love, so somehow my feelings were cheered up I was paired up with Soojung though which was a bit awkward but like cooking I’ll pass through this easily. She didn’t do anything bad to me anyway so why would I hate her right? Only because someone I liked likes her? That would be so shallow.

The class ended well with us eating the food we just made which made me happy since I really love pizza. The two of us were the last one in the Kitchen Area since we were last to finish and eat plus the others still have things to be done.

“I really like our veggie pizza.” Soojung says.

“Me too! It’s really good.” I agreed.

“You’re really a good cook, I think you’re ready to be a good wife.” She teased nudging my sides.

“Ayee I am not.” I said chuckling lightly.

“I heard a guy picked you up here last time, I bet that was the guy you were talking to before when I caught you smiling.” She grinned teasingly.

“Aigoo ani! He’s not, he’s just a….” It got me thinking, we’re friends now right? We hang out a lot and talk every day and night. “Friends. Really Good Friends.” I say smiling.

“Well every relationship starts with friendship.” She says.

“That’s true… How about you though?” I ask her biting my lower lip making myself ready with what I’ll be hearing. “How are you and Sehun? I heard he’s interested in you.” I say even though that statement just killed me inside.

“Well we’re fine? I don’t know. I don’t really think he is.” She says shrugging.

She was about to return the Tomato Sauce in the cupboard but she accidentally held on the sliding board which caused the other ingredients to fall onto us.

“AHHHH!” We both screamed.

She tripped on the rolling mat and got her palms cut by the broken glass of the Jar.

“Omoo are you alright.” I look at her, I can’t get out of my place yet since I am still holding on the board that fell as I place it on the table someone else shouted.

“Oh my-“ One of our girl classmates said.

Then everyone came rushing in. I met eyes with sehun for a brief second but his gaze turned to Soojung he quickly rushed towards her.

“What happened? Are you alright?” He asks her and she smiles nodding.

He then turned to me… with anger in his eyes? Wait why is he—

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!” He shouted at me.

Which made me frozen on my spot—He actually thought I…

“What has she done for you to do this?” He suddenly scoffed. “Are you jealous of us? Of me planning to court her?”

Soojung seems lost too… she doesn’t know where he’s coming from and so am I. I couldn’t help it my tears starts streaming off my eyes.

“I guess you don’t know me enough.” Was all I said and walked out of the place, running away from the class.

“IRENE!” I heard Chanyeol and Seulgi calling on to me but I ignored then, I ran away from the building.

“Joohyun? What happened?” To my surprise I saw Han in the gate.

“Han—“ I said before bursting into tears. I can’t help it anymore, I need it to be out.

He hugged me and I hugged him back tightly and cried loudly. “What happened? Tell me?” He says and pulled out for a few seconds to look at my face and me, caressing my cheeks. “Why are you filled with this stuff?” He asks. Well I just showered in different ingredients—didn’t he see me with that? Was Soojung the only one in his eyes for him to think that way?

“Irene.” Someone called and Han and I turned to see who it was…. Sehun.

“We need to talk.” He says looking at Han.

Han looks at me then turned to him. “I don’t think you should talk to her.” He says.

“This is none of your business so stay away.” Sehun said and took my wrist.

But han slapped his hand away. “This is my business it’s her we’re talking about.” Han said.

I can feel the sudden tension between them… I am still hurt with what he said so I don’t want to talk to him. I took Han’s hand and looked at him. “Let’s just go.” I said silently.

“Irene.” Sehun calls out but I didn’t turn to look at him.

Han just glared at him and we walked out from the gate and got on the bus that have just stopped. There I cried and cried, with Han comforting me.

He took me to a Football court where he let me cry to my heart’s desire and until I felt better.

“Here.” He hands me a can of soda. “Are you done crying?” He asks and I nodded.

“Then can I ask you what happened?” He asks looking at me.

 “Well…” I started then sighed. “You probably know who that guy was earlier, the one you talked to.” I said.

“Yeah, he’s the guy you like… right?” I nodded.

“Well we kind of had a misunderstanding and…” I couldn’t continue I remember what he said to me earlier and how he looked at me. What have I done wrong for me to deserve this? I sighed. Han pulled me close to him and made me lean my head on his shoulder, slightly hugging me.

“It’s alright you don’t need to tell me if you’re not ready yet.” He says and I smile lightly. I am happy he’s here to comfort me right now. This is all I need. Silence and Comfort which strangely I found in someone I am not that close with… well we did grow close now.

We stayed here in a comforting silence for a few hours before he decides to treat me for some meal since my tummy kinda made an awkward sound making us both laugh.

Sehun’s P.O.V

I don’t know what I just did just now… Did I just—I did…. I screamed at Irene. I look at Soojung who was also shocked from my outburst.

“She didn’t do anything—it was an accident you can tell since both of us are filled with different ingredients from head to toe.” She said and looked at me weirdly.

I suddenly let go of her and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter