Chapter 4

The Story of an NBSB Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

“Sometimes a stranger can bring great meaning to your life.”

Luhan’s P.O.V.

It’s my favorite time of the month! What would that be? Ofcourse, a live football match that I’ll be watching with my best bud. I thought I wouldn’t be able to watch this game since the tickets got sold out before I could even have time to buy one for myself but my best friend surprised yesterday telling me he got me tickets for the ball game! This is why he’s my favorite bud.

I grinned as I receive a text from him. Speaking of the devil, I snorted upon reading the text. I knew the ticketwouldn't come for free.

“Pick me up in my apartment and buy me popcorns and hotdog later man.” The text reads. Pft Sure sure I am still thankful for the ticket anyways.

I sit up from my bed, stretching my body. I just woke up from my afternoon nap, shall take a shower before thinking of a snack to make.

 

I pressed down hardly on the heart of my steering wheel to make my horn even louder. Damn Wu Yi Fan is one slow of a man, he’s getting old and so his moves gets slow. I’ve been waiting in front of his apartment for 15 minutes what the hell is he doing.

Rolling my eyes I just opened the small box of pizza I bought on the way, I just thought of getting pizza outside the house for snack. Too lazy to cook at home, halfway my pizza the old folk finally went out of his place.

“FINALLY!” I exclaimed loudly and released a sigh of relief expressing how I felt when he finally showed up. “I was already thinking of leaving you if you didn’t come out for 5 more minutes.” I said.

“Psh. Sure man you will, why didn’t you come in instead? You know my combination though.” He said looking at me as if I was dumb not to do what he said.

“I don’t want to, plus I can’t leave my baby alone.” I said happily taking a huge bite on my pizza.

“Bro you’re sick. Just start the car and let’s get going. We need to get good seats for the game.” He ordered me and I just scoffed.

“Says the guy who came out late pfft.” I finished the last bite of my pizza before starting the engine of the car and hitting on the drive way.

As we arrive in the arena the place was already packed of football fans. I can already spot some of the players I see in school matches, hm I wonder if they’re here to get some strategies. We quickly got out of the car and headed inside the field, the seats are packed. Specially the best seats in the area. I sighed then we looked around some more. Yifan spotted free seats next to a girl, Wow a girl watching a game alone. I find it cute how girls gets interested in football without influences of their boyfriends or just to impress a guy. So he started walking and I followed.

“Is that seat taken miss?” Yifan asks.

I was surprised when the girl he asked turned… That girl.. That’s her.

*Flashback*

I was walking around the street like my normal routines at night after the training since I don’t want to just drop down my body in bed like that. Walking to my normal routes I went by the fruits stall thinking if I should get fresh apples for snack later on. On the alley I saw a girl surrounded by two old men and the girl doesn’t seem comfortable, the other guy was holding her arm and was shouting at her. Hmm.. This doesn’t seem right. I quickly run on my way to them and threw my fist at the guy who was about to hit her.

Without thinking twice I grabbed her hand and held it tightly and whispered to her.

“Run.”

As I glimpse on her I can tell she’s not in the right state of mind right now-- she’s frightened, scared and threatened that she didn’t think I was a stranger and obeyed what I said, running along with me. Her hand is so warm and soft…. I couldn’t help noticing it as we run hand in hand. I look behind us to see if the old guys are still running after us, luckily they’re gone. I don’t think they could catch up with our speed since they’re old anyways.

I turned to face the girl I just saved and wasn’t able to speak right away…. She’s pretty.. she looks like an angel that have fallen from the sky, that kind of beauty like she’s glowing in front of me and she’s even staring back in my eyes… I stare back looking at her eyes, down to her nose then my gaze stopped on her lips, it was small and kissable…

Wait.. what did I just thought of? I shook my thoughts away and cleared my throat before speaking.

“A girl shouldn’t be roaming around or crossing an alley like that late at night, you should at least have someone with you.” I said quite mad at the idea of this pretty lady in front of me almost getting hurt today.

“I—sorry.” was all she was able to say. Did I sound that mad? Why is she apologizing then I froze on my spot with the next thing she did. The pretty lady is hugging me right now… and my heart started beating abnormally and it keeps beating faster I am afraid she can already feel it and it might jump off my chest right now.

“And thank you for saving me.” She said then looked straight to me smiling warmly.. this girl is having weird effects on me.

But after giving me a smile she didn’t say anything else and turned her back at me walking away… I felt empty as I watch her walk away but then I noticed something on the ground so I bend down and pick it up.

Hmm.. it’s a keychain. A bear keychain with a name on its shirt. Baechu. Cute, I think that’s her name? I was about to run after her and return it but my phone rang. Ugh.

I looked at the caller’s ID and saw Yifan’s name popping out. I quickly slide it to answer the call.

“Hello?”

“The hell dude, where are you? I’ve been waiting and knocking in front of your place for half an hour, you weren’t even answering my messages.” Oh right I forgot he’s going to my place today.

“Sorry I’ll be there in a few minutes. Bye.” I said and hung up right away, stuffing the keychain on my po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter