Chapter 3

The Story of an NBSB Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

“Big Expectations leads to great disappointments.”

Friday night came fast as soon as my classes ended I went straight home to have my so called beauty rest so I won’t look too haggard for later. Luckily the team did not call for a dance practice so I am really free. I plopped my body on the bed and let it bounce for a while before turning to my sides and unlocking my phone. I scroll through my sns accounts, looking at updates until one post caught my attention, a post of one of my classmates.

“NEW PRETTY STUDENT TO JOIN US NEXT WEEK, I AM SO EXCITED TO MEET HER!” The post gained about a thousand of likes and lot more comments. There was a picture of the girl this guy is talking about so I clicked it open, and to my surprise she truly was pretty.

Blonde hair, Pretty Eyes and face, tall and her body is slim. Hmm… no wonder why this classmate of mine is excited, he’s known as the chick hunter in our class for he’s quick to spot beautiful transferees and make his moves on them.

As I finish scrolling through my feeds I set my alarm for 30 minutes, I feel like taking a nap as my eyes are drifting to close.

After some time I felt my phone vibrating beside me and I glimpse at it and was disappointed it was not my alarm but a call so I placed it back again on my side….

Then realization hit me when I remember whose caller ID was calling. OH SEHUN. Omoya!

I quickly take my phone again and click on the answer button. “Hello?” I answered.

“Let me guess you were napping weren’t you?” He asks chuckling a bit on the other line.

“No I wasn’t.” I lied.

“Really? Cause it’s evident in your voice and you left your curtain a bit too wide open I can see you from here.” He said and My eyes grew bigger before turning my gaze on the balcony’s window only to see sehun on the other side waving.

“I-“ I just facepalmed myself for being too dumb today.

“Caught you red handed didn’t I?” Sehun asks, laughing softly.

I couldn’t help but admire the huskiness of his voice whenever he laughs, I am still embarrassed by what I did but his voice gets me distracted all the time. Ugh what kind of spell did you cast to me OH SEHUN.

“Fine fine, I admit it.” I said, sighing as I sit up my bed and look across my room where he stands.

“So? Ready for later? We’ll be going out after 2 hours.” He reminded me.

“Ah yes, I am. So are we seeing a basketball game or football?” I ask.

“Football.” He said smiling. “My favorite team’s going to play so you should help me cheer for them.” He laughs a bit and I did too.

“Will I get paid for this?” I ask teasingly.

“Hmm.” He looks at her and chuckles. “How about free corndogs and all the snacks you’ll see there?” He asks.

“Alright then! Deal!” I laughed and he does too.

“So should I drop the call now so you can take a shower?” He asks. “I can see some drools on the sides of your lips.” He teases and I quickly wiped it only to find out he was teasing me.

“YAH!” I pouted.

“Got yah. See you later then bye.” He said and waved.

“Bye.” I said waving back and we both dropped the call.

I quickly stood to shut my curtain close before squealing and jumping on my bed hugging my pillows tightly. Oh my gosh, my heart can’t stop beating too fast I think it will run out of my chest. I thought as I squeal through my pillow.

After finally getting my senses I took a quick shower and got myself ready, letting my hair fall naturally and applying some lipstick and powder and nothing more. Simplicity is beauty as they said. I wore some jersey like shirt and my ripped shorts with matching my sneakers to complete my outfit. I think I look fine, as I look at myself in the mirror and smile. “I look good.” I smiled at my reflection in the mirror.

My mom called me for me downstairs meaning sehun’s already here, so I gave my own cheeks a light pat before going straight down, I see sehun on the couch sitting as he wait. He’s wearing his white V neck shirt, black jeans and a cup. He looks good in those simple clothes makes me want him even more.

“Hey.” I said as I approach him, he looks at me from head to toe and smiled.

“Nice Outfit, I was scared you might wear a dress-“ He joked and I gave him a weird look “I was joking!” He quickly claimed causing us both to laugh.

“We’ll be going now mom. See you later!” I said and waved goodbye to my mom and she did too.

“Take care t’tal and Sehun too!” She added.

As we left the house, Sehun offered me a ride on his car. I didn’t know he knew how to drive.

“You drive?” I ask speaking out my thoughts.

“Yeah- didn’t you know?” He asks back.

“Would I ask if I did?” I sarcastically answered and he just laughed and ruffled my hair.

“By the way we’ll be meeting Minho on the way, we were supposed to go there together but he said he’ll be buying some souvenirs first before we go to the game.” He chuckles at the idea and shakes his head.

WHAT… we were supposed to go there together… So this was not a date? My brother will be there too? Wow… Way to go heart. You expected too much. I look out of the window and remained silent, I admit it I expected this to be a date, for us to know each other more after the game or on the game’s breaks. I didn’t know it was just a casual hang out friends do. I silently sighed to myself.

And like he said we did drop by a shop near the arena to pick my brother up.

“Oh Irene, I didn’t know you’ll be watching the game with us.”  Minho said in surprise, and I am not surprised he’s surprised for seeing me here since he knows I am not interested in such.

“Well I invited her to watch with us.” Sehun said.

“OHHH.” Minho said, grinning as he looks at me. “I see.” He smiles mischievously.

As we arrive by the Venue, the crowd was no joke there’s a lot of people in every part of this arena like the free seats can be counted by the fingers. Sehun tugs me by the shoulder, bringing me closer to him as the gates finally open and people starts making their way in at a rush to get the best seat in the arena. I was happy with that little gesture, I felt protected by him. We got good seats I can say we’re not too far nor too close

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter