Falling Out

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Namjoon woke Jin up at the same time he did so that he could take the other to the hospital with him on his way to his internship. Jin woke up easily, tossing the blanket off of him and onto the floor as he stood and stretched languidly.

Namjoon had already gone to their bedroom to get some clothes, and Jin followed, slipping in to check on their guest. He saw the young hybrid still sound asleep curled up under the huge comforter--making him look so small--and Jin really didn't have the heart to wake him up. 

"Namjoonie," he whispered. Said man poked his head out of the closet and raised an eyebrow in question. "I don't want to wake him up- he looks tired. Will you carry him to the car?"

Namjoon rolled his eyes. "Jin. He's going to freak out if he wakes up in the hospital when he fell asleep somewhere completely different. Just wake him up."

Jin grimaced but understood, and after dressing himself, he slowly made his way over to the side of the bed that the kid was resting on. "Psst.. Hey..." he whispered, gently placing his hand on the other's shoulder. "Hey, it's time to wake up."

Slowly, the hybrid roused from his deep slumber, blinking up at Jin cutely. "Hm?" he hummed, gaining his bearings a bit. 

"We have to go somewhere, okay? It's time to wake up. Are you hungry?" Jin asked kindly.

Through a huge yawn, the other hybrid was only able to nod his head. Jin smiled. "I'm going to go to the kitchen, alright? I'll be back in a second." Meanwhile, Namjoon had already left to go to the restroom to finish getting ready--leaving the hybrid alone once again. 

He slowly sat up and looked around the room. His body felt heavy and everything seemed stuffy--not to mention the splitting headache. He had been waking up like this a lot in the past week or so, but it was heightened this morning--probably due to his day spent out in the cold in a poor condition. He didn't have too long to dwell on these thoughts, because it was only a couple minutes until Jin was coming back in the room with a bowl of food and a tall glass of water. 

To be honest, he felt more queasy than he did hungry, but he has learned to accept every meal that's offered because you don't know when you'll be getting your next. The water looked far more appealing at the moment, but he'd eat as much as he could anyway.

"Here, I made some porridge last night for you to have today," Jin said kindly while handing over the bowl with a spoon and setting the water on the side table.

The younger hybrid looked up into Jin's eyes sincerely with a look of admiration and appreciation. "Thank you..." he mumbled, unsure of how else to express his great amount of gratitude. This hybrid was being far too kind to him, and he wasn't even questioning if the older had any ulterior motives because he was just.. so genuine. 

As he began to eat, Jin sat down on the foot of the bed. "Listen... Namjoon wants to take you to the hospital this morning."

The younger would have cocked his head in question had he not been so immersed in his breakfast; it seemed the taste of the porridge made him realize how hungry he truly was. "The what?" he managed between bites.

Jin eyes widened slightly, but covered it up with a small cough as he lowered his head. "It's... We're taking you to get checked out..." he began, worried that the kid would get freaked out since this would supposedly be his first time in a hospital. "It might seem scary when we get there, but I promise that everyone there is going to be working hard to get you feeling better."

The younger gulped and lowered the half-empty bowl down to his lap. "E-Everyone? How many... How many people will be..."

"I- I don't know, probably only a couple," Jin assured him. "It won't be bad, and I'm going to go with you." Jin wasn't sure how else he could mentally prepare the other for his first hospital visit, so he settled for making him feel as happy and comfortable as possible until they got there. He grabbed a hairbrush from the bathroom quickly, and then moved up to sit at the top of the bed by the pillows so he could brush through the knots in the younger's hair soothingly while he finished eating. He had moved down to brushing through the other's fluffy tail when the spoon clinked against the bowl and the younger was twisting his head slightly to look at Jin.

The older understood the look and grabbed the empty bowl from him. He placed it on the bedside table and handed the younger the glass of water, which he accepted gratefully. He resumed his task of brushing the puppy's tail as he downed the entire glass. "We'll leave when you're ready, okay?"

The other nodded and placed the empty glass back down where it was previously. 

There was a light knock at the door and then Namjoon was poking his head inside the room. "Guys. I need to get going, I'm going to be late if we don't leave now."

Now, Jin knew just how important this internship was to Namjoon, but he had a hard time prioritizing that over this little hybrid's comfort and happiness. "We will be ready soon," he said without even glancing at his owner, hoping to make his displeasure obvious. He respected Namjoon greatly, but he didn't understand how someone could be so heartless to just toss this poor kid into a shelter and never look back. 

Namjoon sighed--knowing that Jin was being passive aggressive--and decided that there was nothing he could do but yell at him (which would still be pointless), so he simply made his way back to the living room to wait. He'd just have to explain to his supervisor what the situation was, and maybe he could get some leeway.

Back in the bedroom, the young hybrid was feeling a bit self-conscious. "We- we can go now if- if that's what Master wants..."

Jin sighed at the use of that one word again, but let it slip for now. Maybe Jin would get some answers today once some professionals checked him out. For now, though, "We'll go when you're ready, and not a moment sooner. Is there anything else you need?"

He shook his head slowly. "No.. 'm just tired."

Jin grinned at the cute yawn escaping the younger. "You can get some more rest when we get there, okay?"

He nodded this time, and allowed Jin to help him up onto his feet and maneuver him through the apartment to the living room to meet up with Namjoon. Jin in a breath when he noticed that Namjoon was not alone. There, sitting on the sofa and flipping through television channels, was none other than Jungkook. As soon as the youngest caught scent of the two approaching, he whipped his head around and watched them enter.

"Oh. So this is the one. Eating my food and sleeping in my house."

"Jungkook!" Jin scolded. "This is most certainly not your house, and there was plenty of food. You ate, didn't you?" he asked challengingly.

Jungkook scoffed. "I could have had seconds had a certain intruder not-"

"Stop!" Namjoon's loud voice sounded. "Jeon Jungkook, shut up and sit down. This is none of your business. Jin, we're leaving." 

Jin tightened his grasp on the other hybrid's waist and led him towards the door. He couldn't help but notice how he kept his head down the entire way to the front door and then all the way down to Namjoon's car. However, it wasn't until Jin had settled himself beside the younger in the backseat of the car did he bother speaking. "Don't mind him. He's just grumpy."

The younger simply nodded, but refused to lift his head. It continued that way for the whole drive, and although it was only 15 minutes, it felt like an hour to Jin. He pitied the kid, and spent the whole ride petting the other's hair. He wasn't used to doing the petting rather than getting petted, but he knew how much he liked it so he hoped it had the same calming effect on the other as it did for him.

When they arrived, Namjoon walked them inside the emergency room before he'd have to move on to his own branch. They waited behind only one other person in line while the younger hybrid's eyes were transfixed on the scene unfolding in front of him. There was so much to look at and take in that he was practically swaying on his feet, and he was thankful that Jin was already supporting much of his weight, because he was feeling a bit dizzy all of a sudden.

The older picked up on this and rubbed his side softly to bring him out of his daze right in time for them to move up to the desk. Namjoon began relaying the information to the one of the employees behind the desk and both hybrids listened carefully.

"Um, hi, good morning. I- uh.. Well, I found this stray hybrid dog last night--or at least I'm pretty sure he's a stray--and he seems pretty beat up. I cleaned the cuts, but I think there's more to it, and..." he trailed off, hoping that was good enough of an explanation. He wasn't sure what more there was to say, but thankfully the woman simply smiled and nodded her head.

"Alright. We'll take care of him. Thank you for taking him in," she said before moving over to their store of reusable wheelchairs, and she and Jin helped the younger into it. "Now, since he's a stray, we won't need you t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter