Ready

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next afternoon, Suzy was in Jimin's room, moving at nearly a mile a minute to get him ready. She put him through a bath to clean him up and even washed the clothes that Jin and Namjoon had lent him when he came in so that he could put those back on now.

The whole afternoon, he could hardly contain his excitement. Suzy smiled softly as she worked, happy with the way that the hybrid was practically vibrating in anticipation.

He was pretty sure he'd have talked her ear off already had he been secure enough in his thoughts to voice them. Of course he had his hopes and expectations: he wanted to be pet all the time, he wanted to never fight ever again, he wanted to sleep on a fluffy bed, he wanted hot meals, he wanted to have personal relationships with the people he lived with, he wanted to not be afraid...

But embarrassment kept him from saying all of that. He was still so new and inexperienced out here, what if any of his expectations are totally wrong and Suzy would have to point that out? What if he was thinking too positively? No, he didn't want his hopes crushed; he wanted to keep dreaming like this. It made him happy. 

When Suzy was busy brushing out the knots in his tail, his curiosity got the better of him. Maybe he didn't have the courage to ask specific questions, but he could still inquire generally...

"Miss Suzy?"

"Yes, Jimin?"

Jimin. He liked hearing that. "Um.. I was just thinking... Well, I was wondering.. What is it like?"

She looked at the hybrid with a fond smile. "What is what like?" She had paused briefly in her brushing, but resumed after a moment, this time holding eye contact.

Jimin looked away, but smiled slightly. "I mean... Having an owner. What's it supposed to be like?" He wasn't certain how he was supposed to feel about having an owner rather than a master. Jin kept implying that it was a great feeling, which is why he was so excited, but what makes it so great? He didn't want to wait and find out, he just wanted to know.

"Well... I guess there's a lot to it," Suzy began. "I think one of the things that's going to change the most is your relationship with your owner. Or... owners. It's very personal, you know? More than just knowing each others' names. It's like... having someone there with you when you need it, to remind you that you are loved and cared for. It's in the little stuff, like the material things, the hugs, the talks."

"I don't think that's little stuff..."

Suzy grinned widely. "Well then you are going to be able to appreciate how hard your owners work to make you happy. I guess that makes it more special."

It was quiet for a while as Jimin took in all of that information. He was beginning to grasp the role of an owner. He liked to think he was fairly independent, but the way that he was treated that first night was so intimate that he didn't think he'd mind it at all. He liked how Jin helped him with his bath and provided him with food and brushed all his fur. If that was what a friend did, he couldn't imagine what it might be like to have an owner-- three of them, nonetheless.

"Don't worry so much, okay?" Suzy continued, her smile softened to show her concern.

Jimin nodded. He wasn't so much worried as he was filled with anticipation, though.

"Really, it's all going to turn out well. Those are some very nice people you've found. Not many humans stay with the stray hybrids they bring in here, so just know that they must like you a whole lot."

The hybrid nodded again, letting her words sink in.

"And remember what we talked about this morning. You remember which one is the shampoo, right? That one is for your hair." 

Jimin smiled slightly, excited that Suzy taught him how to take a bath by himself. He thought it might impress Namjoon, because he already has Jin-hyung who knew all of that already. "Yes ma'am, I remember."

"And remember that if something starts hurting more than usual, you should tell someone. Your body will be healing very well, but don't keep it to yourself if something feels wrong. And make sure your owner remembers to give you your medicine every morning. He should remember on his own, but just in case-- what? Are you laughing at me?"

Jimin covered his mouth with the back of his hand to hide the silent laugh. "I'm sorry Miss Suzy."

Suzy chuckled as well, dropping the hairbrush and standing back up. "Don't apologize, I know I'm being crazy right now. I'm just happy for you. I know you're going to do so well at your new home."

Jimin's hand dropped from his mouth and his smile took on a softer edge, dropping his eyes to the bed. He really hoped so.

 

"Hyung! Can I come with you when you get Jiminnie??"

Namjoon pried a clingy Taehyung from his arm and laughed at the excitement the hybrid was showing. "I think it's just going to be me and Jin, Tae. We don't want him getting overwhelmed, right?"

Taehyung pouted and dragged his foot along the carpet dejectedly. "Fine."

Jin hopped up from where he was sitting curled up on the couch to reach the younger. "TaeTae, we'll bring him right home, okay? You get to help Hoseokkie with dinner so Jimin has something yummy to eat when he gets back. That's the most important part, really."

"Okay," Taehyung mumbled, though he was smiling again. "But I want to play with him when he gets here."

Namjoon put his hands on the younger hybrid's shoulders. "You can play with him if he wants to. We have a movie prepared, so he might be tired afterwards. If he doesn't want to play, you can't get upset, alright? I'm sure Jungkook would play with you. You still haven't finished your Mario Kart tournament, right?"

"You're right! I call the TV after the movie!" he shouted loud enough for the whole apartment to hear and then bounded off to Yoongi's room to find Jungkook.

Namjoon chuckled and turned to face Jin. "Are you ready?"

Jin only nodded, smiling happily. He was just as excited as Taehyung, but he was better at hiding it. Namjoon saw right through him, though; he knew that Jin was hardly able to contain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter