Christmas

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin sat still and quiet on the sofa during the beginning of the movie that he was watching with Namjoon, Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jin until the eldest hybird offered him a chance to relax more. He spent the rest of the film laying on his side with his head resting on Jin's leg and hugging his own knees. Namjoon sat on Jin's other side, reaching over to absentmindedly pet Jimin's head. 

Even though they all found it a little annoying or repetitive at times to have to watch cartoons and kids movies all the time instead of those action-packed animes that Taehyung loved or the superhero movies that Jungkook favored, Jin very much appreciated the look of serenity on Jimin's face when he became entranced by the moving pictures. Disney had become something of a staple in their home and Yoongi always made sure they had some downloaded on the living room television for times like these.

Regardless of the choice in film, Jin and Namjoon had managed to make Jimin feel calm and happy for the time being and that's all that truly mattered to them; the human had been so worried earlier when the poor hybrid was on edge. Namjoon wanted to finish his shopping but he also didn't want to leave before he knew that the other hybrids would be okay home alone with Jimin when he wasn't quite stable. 

 

Namjoon finally slipped out when Hoseok and Yoongi got home with bags full of Christmas decorations.

Taehyung had immediately hopped up to help decorate and it was up to Jin to convince Jimin and Jungkook to join them. 

"I only want to put the star on the top of the tree," Jungkook insisted while Jimin skeptically watched Taehyung throwing streamers everywhere from out of a plastic bag. 

Jin rolled his eyes. "Fine. Sit here and watch cartoons then. Jimin, do you want to help hyung make cookies? We can cut them into cute little shapes and decorate them with your favorite colors."

"Okay hyung," Jimin agreed, if only to avoid being bombarded with streamers and glitter. It was somehow quieter in the kitchen even though it was mostly open to the living room and it seemed like a calmer place in general, which Jimin appreciated greatly. "Do you know how to make them?" Jimin asked softly, still not used to prompting conversation.

"I do, and I'm about to teach you," the older hybrid replied. "This is a tradition. We make cookies to look like holiday things, like presents and Christmas trees, and then we eat them the night before Christmas- that's tonight- while watching movies. I'm very excited for you to experience it this year; Christmas is very special and I know you'll love it."

Jimin heard a lot about Christmas these past few days, and he wasn't sure how one day could be so special. Nonetheless, he was still excited (though he tried not to be for fear that it wouldn't live up to his raising expectations). He supposed he shouldn't be too afraid, because how bad could it really turn out if there were cookies? It was a new yummy food he couldn't wait to try.

Jin was measuring out different ingredients and Jimin watched intently so he could do it if Jin asked him to. Instead, he requested that Jimin start mixing some of them together. The older pushed a couple small bowls of ingredients over to him on the counter and then handed him a bigger bowl and some weird metal tool. Jimin awkwardly placed the metal tool aside and poured each of the smaller bowls into the large one before glancing around warily. Now what? he thought. 

Jin glanced over from where he was still measuring things out when he noticed Jimin had stopped moving. "Great job, now mix them all together," he encouraged.

Jimin frowned slightly but nodded. I thought I just did that... Either way, he grabbed the bowl and shook it slightly from side to side, watching all the powdery-looking foods mingle with each other.

Jin was still watching this happen, expecting him to pick up the whisk. When he started shaking the bowl, he tried his hardest to hold back his laugh and reminded himself that Jimin was still new to this whole cooking thing. Instead of cracking up, he handed Jimin the whisk and showed him how it was done. 

By the time the dough was ready to be rolled out, Jimin was practically a natural at using the whisk, and he seemed enthusiastic about it too- insisting that he could indeed mix the wet ingredients together with the dry ones when Jin offered.

Jin learned quickly that Jimin was fascinated by the cookie cutters and there ended up being 7 Christmas trees, 7 presents, 2 snowmen, 1 reindeer, 1 snowflake, and 1 mitten (he wanted equal numbers of all of them but there wasn't enough dough). When they were all cut out and placed on two seperate baking sheets, Jimin looked up at Jin expectantly.

"Can we eat them now?"

"No, silly. They have to cook first. We'll make the frosting while they're baking and then decorate them when they come out. And then we can eat them."

Jimin pouted for all of two seconds before Jin slipped the trays into the oven and he became excited all over again.

When they finally had a full plate of cookies (mostly blue Christmas trees with copious amounts of sprinkles and red snowmen), Jin let Jimin carry the plate into the living room and place them in the center of the coffee table. The younger's tail was wagging once he put down the plate and looked at how beautifully decorated the room was now. The tree was covered in shiny trinkets, there were streamers lining the walls and ceiling, and he was just in time to see Jungkook putting the star at the top of the tree. 

"Do you like it?" Taehyung asked excitedly after shaking glitter out of his hair and getting it all over the floor.

"It's pretty," Jimin agreed with a small smile.

"Yay!" the other dog hybrid cheered. "We usually only do the tree but then Hobi-hyung was like 'what if we did more this year' and I was like 'oh my god yes,' and then Yoongi-hyung was like 'seriously' and so then we had to remind him that you didn't know what Christmas was! And I couldn't imagine watching Christmas movies with you if our house was not as festive as the ones in the movies. It just wouldn't do."

Jimin blinked as he tried to keep up. No matter how much he may or may not have comprehended, he at least got that they did this for him. His smile widened even as he dropped his head a bit in embarrassment.

"It was supposed to be a surprise but you got home early from shopping with Namjoonie-hyung so here we are now." Taehyung finally took a breath. "Surprise!"

Jimin clapped his hands together. He knew that's not how surprises work but they improvised to make him happy, and that meant a lot. Jin grinned widely. "Jimin and I made some cookies for everyone. Namjoon said he's on his way back, so why don't we set up a movie?"

Jungkook launched himself onto one of the wide chairs and looked expectantly at Yoongi to join him- which he did, of course- wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter