Doctor

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The hybrid's first couple weeks in his new home went surprisingly smoothly. He kept his arm sling on almost constantly except for his showers (he loved the look on the humans' faces when Jin offered to give him a bath one night and he was able to proudly tell them that he could take showers by himself).

He thought a lot about several things. He thought about Namjoon's apology for unintentionally making him sad. He thought about how that might be the first time anyone's ever genuinely apologized to him. He thought about asking him to teach him to read, but really, he didn't see why he had to learn in the first place. He thought about how Hoseok had taken to bringing Jimin and Taehyung to the park after he got home from work.

He found that while he didn't do anything but sit on a bench next to Hoseok and watch the human repeatedly throw a tennis ball that Taehyung would chase down, it was so very nice to be outdoors. He'd be bundled up in one of the others' heavy winter coats with knitted mittens over his hands and a warm hat on his head but the fresh air was invigorating. Taehyung had taught him to wear fuzzy socks under his shoes- 'no one will ever know and it keeps you extra warm!' he'd said. Hoseok must have caught him looking longingly out his bedroom window one morning because these had become daily trips.

The more rest he got, the antsier he became as a whole, but the park trips were helping a bit.

Namjoon wasn't home very often following the first weekend, but he was usually home once Jimin, Taehyung, and Hoseok came back from their daily trip to the park before they all sat down for dinner together. 

Another thing he thought about often was food. He was learning so much about different kinds of food and even nutrition- food groups and their differences. Namjoon had taken to showing him each of the vegetables that go into his stir fry and the noodles before and after they get cooked. He already knew that meat was his favourite no matter how it was prepared, so he really enjoyed the nights that they got to feast on beef or chicken. 

He couldn't help but feel pampered with all the food he was being offered. In the beginning, the regular meals were so new and foreign that he would still scarf everything offered to him just because he wasn't used to such a schedule. He's mellowed out now, seeing as they usually only eat dinner together as a 'family' (as Jin says). Sometimes, he ends up skipping a meal just because he ate too much at the previous one. He's never expressed his guilt about that to anyone- the feeling of taking advantage of the presence of food- but it only gets to him occasionally.

Nonetheless, he's immensely appreciative of the assurance of a rough daily schedule. He thrives off of routine and finds himself getting thrown off when a day goes differently from his plan. Jimin had Yoongi put an alarm on his phone so he would wake up every day at precisely 8:00 after the hybrid had complained about accidentally sleeping in one too many times. He would go to the kitched straight away and find Namjoon who was preparing to leave for him internship. The human would share his breakfast with Jimin and then give him his daily medication. Hoseok leaves for his own work at 10:00 in the morning, but he and Taehyung are usually awake well before. Hoseok wakes up Jungkook at 9:00 and they leave the apartment to go for a run (Jimin doesn't understand how training is something they do willingly, or even why they have to do it. Honestly, he's a little afraid to ask). After Hoseok comes back to take a shower and eat, he leaves. Taehyung plays board games with Jimin while Hoseok and Jungkook are out, but once Jungkook comes back, the three hybrids sit on the couch and watch Running Man together (Jimin hasn't totally grasped the point of it yet, but he still finds it rather entertaining). Jin usually wakes up before 10:00 and Jimin loves watching TV and hearing his hyung working in the kitchen to make breakfast for the others. Yoongi usually doesn't leave his room until Jin entices him with food. Jimin watches them all eat, and then Yoongi returns to his bedroom quietly. One day, Jimin worked up the courage to ask him what he does all day in his room, and Yoongi showed him the music he makes. Until Hoseok returns from work at 3:18 PM exactly, Jimin plays around with the other hybrids, and sometimes if he gets bored, Yoongi lets him sit on his bedroom floor and listen to him work (during the days, Jin usually calls himself their babysitter, which Jimin thinks is a funny thing to call himself). They leave for the park at 4:00 and return at 5:45. Either Yoongi or Jin will cook dinner, and Jimin likes to help- but mostly to watch (he's found he's not all that useful in the kitchen but Jin-hyung told him that that's okay). Sometimes Namjoon comes home just a little later with a paper bag full of food that they don't even have to make themselves. In the evening, Namjoon would unwrap his ankle brace and his bandages and then help him remove the sling so he could shower, and then the human would wrap him back up with new bandages before sending him off to bed.

Jimin's routine is very important to him. He still remembers that as soon as he'd gotten used to his new schedule, Hoseok happened to miss his bus and ended up getting home at 3:38 instead. Jimin sat still in front of the door and looked at it expectantly with a wagging tail for 10 minutes until Yoongi convinced him to wait on the sofa. Jimin agreed only once the human had called the other's cellphone and Jimin heard Hoseok's voice telling him that he wasn't dead and that he would only be 20 minutes late.

He's not sure why he gets so upset when things don't happen on time. He supposes it doesn't particularly matter. After all, some days are different for others. For example, Namjoon doesn't go to work on Wednesdays and Sundays (Jimin soon learned that the days had a particular order to them starting with Sunday and going through Saturday before starting over again), and Hoseok doesn't work on Mondays or Tuesdays. Sometimes Yoongi does his music thing outside of his bedroom- at a 'different location' he says- and some days he doesn't do it at all. He's justified his weird feelings about his need for the routine by telling himself that it's obviously not something to be concerned about if he can handle those exceptions. Besides, it's not like they watch the same episode of Running Man every day. There's a difference.

Jimin is currently experiencing the most significant change in his days so far. Just yesterday, Namjoon informed him that he would be spending his Wednesday day-off taking Jimin to the local clinic for a check-up. Jimin's been nervous ever since then. He's never been to a check-up before. He would ask what that entails but once again, he doesn't want others to know how little he knows. If Namjoon noticed his antsiness on the car ride to the clinic, he thankfully doesn't point it out to Jimin. Instead, he silently rolls the window down and allows the hybrid to stick his head out and focus his nervous energy on the smells of the city instead.

Jimin appreciated the distraction, but it all came crashing back as soon as Namjoon parked the car and rolled the window up. He wished he at least had Jin or Taehyung here to help him, but neither Hoseok nor Yoongi were home and Namjoon insisted that Jin stay to make sure Taehyung and Jungkook didn't get into any trouble, and apparently Taehyung was forbidden from being anywhere that involved a waiting room. Jungkook just didn't want to come; Jimin doesn't blame him.

The hybrid waits patiently, doing a good job of hiding his feelings. Namjoon checks him in and then joins him in the plush chairs on the other side of the counter. The human tells him it should only be a minute to process his information. Jimin nods absentmindedly, eyes scanning the room. He sees lots of hybrids here, and the smell of so many of them in one place is se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter