Sleepy

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, Jimin had to retire to his bed immediately following the film.

He was feeling pretty drained. He tried staying up to chat with the others but Jin had noticed his quietness and drowsy eyes. To be honest, he was just a little confused about the movie still, but Jin wasn't entirely wrong in his speculations. 

Unfortunately, as tired as he was, Jimin wasn't able to sleep for quite a while after getting in bed. He was wearing fuzzy socks that Taehyung had lent him and a big sweater from Namjoon, but even in those cozy clothes curled up under two soft blankets, sleep eluded him.

The house was quiet and dark, the only sound being that of the heater running. It was rare that he have difficulty sleeping, because his body was usually so exhausted that he'd fall asleep the moment he laid down, but this healing process was making him simultaneously drained and restless.

Jimin would like to say that he was rather comfortable here, but he still felt so out of place around these people. They were all so close with one another already, and even though it was obvious they were trying their best to include him, he didn't have a history with them like they did with each other. His mind kept reminding him of that every so often. He hated that he thought like that, because he was trying so hard to fit in and be happy so why was his own brain telling him otherwise? 

Another thing he couldn't get out of his head even though he'd only been here for a few hours was their stark differences in intelligence. He didn't understand why there was so much of a contrast between him and everyone else. Even just this evening, Namjoon had used 12 words that Jimin had never heard before- he counted. What else could he do with his embarrassment? He wasn't going to ask when everyone else knew what they meant; it would just make all of them realize how dumb he is. It was the same with the movie they watched. Taehyung said it was one of his favourite movies ever, but Jimin didn't understand a single word.

Jimin let out an audible sigh and snuggled further into his blankets.

 

"Do you think we should wake him up?" Taehyung asked Jungkook as they ate breakfast on the sofa the next morning.

"No, he's just being a lazy ," Jungkook grumbled, trying to keep his voice down because his owner was-

"Jungkook!" Yoongi raised his voice from where he was on his laptop in the kitchen. "Are you being a again?"

"Of course not, hyung," Jungkook put on his best innocent voice. He heard Yoongi grunt in a way that sounded noncommittal. Jungkook sighed and pulled an angry face, making Taehyung laugh at him.

"You're so cute, Jungkookie. I wonder if Jiminnie thinks so too- let's go wake him up!" he cheered, standing up. Jungkook rolled his eyes, grabbing onto Taehyun's shirt sleeve and tugging him back down to sit on the sofa without taking his eyes off the television.

Taehyung huffed. "Why not? I'm so bored, I just want to play!"

"Would you calm down? It's not even 10:00. Just do what you normally do; you did just fine before he got here," Jungkook said in a bored yet bitter tone. Taehyung whined as he flopped around on the sofa. "But I am doing what I normally do! It's just not the same when I know Jiminnie is here now and I have so many of my toys to show him and he hasn't even seen my room yet. Do you think he'd watch anime with me, Jungkookie?"

Jungkook's disinterested grimace did nothing to dissuade his whining. "No one wants to watch Naruto with you, hyung, not even the newbie."

"Quit calling him the newbie," Yoongi's disinterested voice calls out from the kitchen again.

"Seriously hyung, are you just eavesdropping on everything today?" Jungkook hollered back.

"Only on you being an ."

Jin stumbled out of his bedroom and into the common area at that moment, ruffling his own hair in an attempt to get the bedhead under control. "Who the hell is yelling?" he whines cutely, which makes Namjoon coo from where he was sitting at the kitchen table across from Yoongi, scrolling through his phone. "Oh shut up," Jin retorted playfully as he rolled his eyes, but obeyed when Namjoon beckoned him over with his hands, ending up in his owner's lap.

"Hyung was just telling Jungkook to stop acting like a kid," Namjoon explained helping Jin sort his hair out to have some semblance of normalcy as the cat hybrid purred at the attention.

"I ing heard that, hyung. This doesn't involve you," Jungkook snapped back from the living room.

"My house, my problem. Watch your mouth, maknae."

Jin giggled at the playful argument. "Am I the last one up?" he pouted at Namjoon.

The human smiled sweetly up at him. "Nope, Hoseok and Jimin are still asleep. Tae and Kookie are eating cereal, but I was thinking about making something for everyone else. What would you want?"

"Sausages!" Taehyung gasped from the living room, and the sound of him rolling off the sofa was the only heads up to the way he came crashing into the kitchen. "Sausages." 

"You already ate, dummy," Yoongi quipped, sipping his coffee and browsing his social media sites on his laptop open on the table.

Taehyung whimpered pitifully. "Second breakfast?"

"You watched that movie, like, twice," Namjoon commented, not looking away from where he was working on Jin's hair that had all his attention.

"Nine times, actually. Just like the nine rings that were given to-"

"For the love of all things good and holy, can you stop being a ing dork for like, ten minutes?" Jungkook groaned, laying down along the length of the couch now that Taehyung wasn't there to take up the space.

Taehyung's face scrunched up for a second. "Five. I can do five minutes."

Jin was laughing again, pleased at the progression of the usual morning banter. "Sausages sound pretty good, Namjoonie. Can you make us some?"

Namjoon rolled his eyes, prompting Jin to get up off of his lap. "Fine. But we need something else too, can you grab some leftovers in the fridge? There should be some kimchi and a container of guksu from lunch the other day, I think it's still in the takeout box."

 

Hoseok had woken within the hour and joined the rest for breakfast, but Jimin still hadn't left his room until even after their lunch went cold. 

Namjoon got a little worried at that point. He understood up until this point because Jimin was still recovering, after all. And yesterday must have been tiring, too. But he had to give the hybrid his medication for his pneumonia every day, and he can't do that if he's not awake for the day... At least that's how he justified his actions.

He knocked on the door and there was no answer. A little louder, and still nothing. Namjoon cracked the door open and peeked inside, relaxing slightly when he realized that Jimin was still sound asleep curled up on the middle of the mattress.

"What's up?" Namjoon turns his head to see Hoseok walking down the hallway from the bathroom, still drying his hair with a white towel.

Namjoon beckoned him over with a quick head movement. "Look at this," he said. "Kid's knocked out cold."

Ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter