Misperception

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The hybrid was confused. He was lost and confused and honestly, afraid.

He thought it was over--that he'd never have to fight again. It wasn't uncommon that he'd be found by another human after his last master kicked him out for making him lose too much money, but this one seemed different. This one didn't mention a thing about making him fight. He even had a cat hybrid (which wasn't necessarily unheard of, but he'd never experienced it himself). He liked the cat. The cat didn't know who he was or what he did- so it seemed. The cat probably didn't attend matches with his master, and though he was tall, he was so soft and he felt no threat from him.

He's never had a companion like that before- someone he could genuinely speak to. He never got attatched to the other hybrids his masters owned because chances are, he'd end up having to hurt them one day. However, cats don't fight, and Jin was kind to him, so he was already a bit hopeful that he wouldn't be quite so alone anymore.

Still, he feared for the moment that his new master would sit him down and give him the timeline- how long it would take to get him better, when he will resume training, and maybe he's even figured out when his next fight will be. He will be given a new name, a new cot, and he always hated having to get accustomed to each master's preferences. His most recent one was the most strict, but he didn't want to assume that his new one would be better because he didn't want to get his hopes up.

Turning of his thoughts for just a moment, he let Jin dry him off, dress him in sweatpants and a sweater, and move him back to the bedroom he was in earlier. The room was honestly nicer than anything he'd ever seen, and he wondering if it was Jin's room. At first, he assumed it was his master's room, but he'd never been allowed in his master's room before. He wondered if the human knew that Jin was being kind to him and sneaking him food. He didn't want his new friend to get in trouble, but he couldn't deny how wonderful it felt to have the fur of his tail gently dried and fluffed with a towel as he rested on a comfortable bed eating hot food. The fabric of his temporary clothing felt nice on his beaten skin and the exhaustion and pain finally set in.

He had just begun drifing off--almost falling face-first into his plate of food--when the bedroom door opened once again and Master stepped inside. Panicking that he would witness him eating something we wasn't expressly offered by Master himself, he pushed the plate away, causing it to clatter on the floor; the food was instantly wasted. Immediately regretting that split-second decision, his ears dropped in fear. "I'm sorry," he mumbled. 

At first, he'd tried everything he could to convince this man that he wasn't worth his time, and now, he was incredibly embarrassed he'd shown that side of himself to his master. Now, he knew it was hopeless to have him be released so that he may die in peace, so he resumed his fearful and respectful attitude masters expect from their dogs.

He wanted to apologize for eating the food, and for subsequently wasting said food. However, he knew attempting to justify your own disobedient actions was looked down upon, so his simply dropped his head and prepared for his punishment. Usually, humans would go a bit easy on dogs they've just claimed, because they wouldn't be rejected by their previous one had they not been deemed 'not worth the effort' after being 'irreversibly' injured in a fight. They were usually kind during recovery before cracking down as soon as they began training again, but he didn't want to take any chances.

The man looked surprised at the reaction, and moved over to clean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter