Found

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Namjoonie~" Jin cooed from the kitchen, shuffling over to the living room sofa where his owner was sitting.

"... Yes, Jin?" Namjoon asked when Jin did nothing but stand there, swaying his tail back and forth and looking at him with his best pleading eyes.

"We're out of milk."

Jin barely got the sentence out of his mouth when an indignant "WHAT?" was being shouted from one of the bedrooms. Jungkook came stalking out a moment later with his ears perked. "What's this about the milk being gone?" He had a vile tone to his voice that had the other two narrowing their eyes in confusion. Jungkook scoffed and crossed his arms. "I called the last of it! I called it! I was going to drink it tonight with dinner, didn't everyone hear me say that?!"

Namjoon laughed at the two kittens he was dealing with (although both of them would have smacked him for even thinking about calling them 'kittens' rather than the "mature hybrids" that they are...). "No big deal, we'll just get more milk today. Maybe we can pick up some ingredients to make something different for dinner tonight? How's that sound?"

Jungkook flashed a happy smile and uncrossed his arms-- his personality making a 180 flip. "Thanks hyung!" he shouted as he ran back to his bedroom to resume whatever he was doing prior to the milk incident. 

Jin also looked brighter than he had a moment ago. "What were you thinking of making for dinner?" He asked, coming to sit next to his owner on the sofa and cuddling his head into the other's shoulder. Namjoon grinned and brought one hand up to pet Jin's hair, which elicited quiet purrs. "I'm not sure. Why don't we ask around? Would you want to cook with me tonight?"

Jin smiled. He loved spending time with Namjoon. He's learned to cherish any time he gets with him because he's been busy as a medical student and hardly gets time to himself. Even now over winter break, he was working with an internship at the local hospital to get 'real--life experience' and Jin got a bit lonely without him-- even with the others to keep him company. Hoseok was often busy teaching dance classes as a part-time job, and Yoongi was either away at the producing studio or locked in his bedroom working on his own projects about as much as Namjoon was at the hospital.

Jin stayed home watching over Jungkook--Yoongi's cat--and Taehyung- Hoseok's dog hybrid. He enjoyed it when Namjoon was home though, because as much as Jin was capable of taking care of the younger ones, he appreciated Namjoon's dominating presence even more. Jin could tell the other hybrids to do whatever he needed, but they didn't listen to him as much as they obeyed their owners and even Namjoon. He liked to think of his own owner as the head of the house- the leader. 

With the prospect of spending time making dinner with Namjoon on his night off, he agreed quickly to the suggestion. He hopped up and went off to poke his head into Yoongi's open bedroom door to see him at his desk playing around on his laptop while Jungkook was curled up on the end of Yoongi's bed trying to sneak a peek at whatever his owner was doing on his computer. 

"Guys," Jin called out. "Namjoon and I are going to the store. What do you want for dinner?"

"Food?" Jungkook lifted his head. "Like, not ramyun or pizza?"

"Yeah!" Jin exclaimed happily. "What do you want?"

Yoongi took out one of his headphones so he could answer but Jungkook beat him to it. "MEAT!"

Jin heard the tinkling of a collar in the bedroom across the hall just as he was about to head over there to ask Hoseok and Taehyung the same question, but when he opened the door, he saw Taehyung's head already raised with ears perked (though he remained in his position sprawled across the entire bed enjoying a belly rub courtesy of Hoseok). "I heard someone say meat. Are we having meat?"

"I suppose that answers my question," Jin declared, promptly turning and walking back to the living room where Namjoon was shrugging on his jacket. "Everyone wants meat..." Jin passed on the information in a deadpan causing Namjoon to laugh and ruffle his hybrid's hair. Jin grimaced as he manually put the strands back in place.

"Looks like it's decided then," Namjoon responded. "Why don't we get some meat and vegetables, and we'll cook them up with some rice?"

Jin smiled and nodded. "Sounds like a good plan. Can we go now? I'm excited."

"I can tell," Namjoon commented with a laugh as he made his way to the door with the hybrid right on his heels. "Jin, go grab your jacket, it's freezing outside."

Jin's mouth made an 'o' shape as if he had completely forgotten that one detail about the winter, and then bounded off to his room to throw on a sweater over his tshirt with a big jacket on over that. When he came back to the front hall, Namjoon had to stifle a laugh at how puffy he looked with the extra thick layers. The two put on their rainboots to avoid the snow on the ground and made their way out of the apartment building to walk to the corner store only a couple blocks away.

Jin had a beanie covering his fluffy ears, but his tail still swished around behind him, which is why Namjoon protectively reached out to wrap an arm around his waist. They weren't romantically involved, no, but Namjoon could never be too careful with such a pretty hybrid like Jin in the big city. He'd heard enough horror stories to know better than to let his hybrid roam freely without him. Jin was never concerned, knowing that Namjoon would never let anything happen to him--even at this time of the evening when the sky was already beginning to darken.

It was chillier than either of the two anticipated though, so they quickened their pace and made it to the store in only a few minutes. Stepping inside, Jin shook a couple snowflakes off of his hat and pouted. Namjoon smiled at the adorable animal idiosyncrasies Jin would often demonstrate. "C'mon, let's get out of here quickly. I'm sure everyone back at home is hungry by now." 

"I'll go pick out the vegetables~" Jin declared happily as he went off with a shopping basket in his hand. After having picked what he wanted, he found Namjoon coming up behind him with everything else they needed. The human dumped what was in his arms into Jin's basket. It was only once they had already paid and had just left the store that Namjoon remembered something important that they had forgotten.

"Oh! The milk!" he exclaimed--quickly handing off his shopping bag to Jin so he could run back inside to get it. "Stay here. I'll meet you on that bench as soon as I'm done. I won't be longer than a minute!"

Jin grinned at the frantic Namjoon before following his orders and sitting on the bench. It was cold outside, so he placed the two shopping bags down on the bench beside him and stood up to pace a bit in hopes of warming himself up. There were surprisingly few people around for this time of day, but he assumed people were headed home to e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter