Chapter 9

If I End Up With You

Chapter 9


 

 

Everyone in your class is gazing at you intently. Faint murmurs produced by your classmates are echoing inside your classroom. You didn't bother to ask why they are rudely staring at you while whispering to each other because you don’t have the energy anymore. It is probably because you look nauseous at the moment. You look anemic with your pale and dry lips and you’re completely aware of it.

Silence enveloped the whole class when your professor came in. You massage your temples in circles while he is writing something on the board. You were all instructed to answer a long seatwork in your book with your seatmate as your partner. You sighed as you glance at the empty seat beside you. Unfortunately, your seatmate named Haneul is still enjoying her trip till Friday. Good for her. How you wish you’re also somewhere else right now.

Noise starts to rise up again when your professor left the class to get something at the faculty room. You kept quiet, trying to digest the problems written on the page of your book, while the class is under a state of commotion. Many continued their unfinished gossips and you can’t help not to get distracted.

Suddenly someone barged in to the room making everyone startled. Some even jumped into their seats in surprise.

You immediately looked away when you saw who it was.

"It’s so nice of him to show up in class now." You sarcastically said inside your mind and rolled your eyes in the air.

You heard some of your classmates asking him where he has been and others informing him about the seatwork. He did not respond to any of them, totally ignoring everyone. You huffed at how ill-mannered he is. He really doesn’t give a damn care to people whose minding him. You sighed and decided to just busy yourself on solving your assigned task.

While you are scanning the pages of your book, you noticed the chair beside you moved. You automatically raised your head up and saw Jungkook pulling the seat next to you. Your forehead creased at his questionable action. You look at him in annoyance, trying to signal him to get lost.

"That's not your seat." You told him irritated.

He did not reply. He put out his book and acted like he did not hear anything from you. He’s really impolite for acting deaf. You scoffed while you dart your gaze on his proper seat, you saw it vacant along with the seat next to it. You realized that his seatmate is absent so maybe he wants to team up with you instead.

Hell, of course you don’t want him to be your seatwork partner. After all the he has done, you can’t just let it slip off like nothing even happened.

You were planning to stand and leave but your head suddenly pounded. You heaved a long deep sigh while your eyes are shut tight. You felt Jungkook glance at your way after you sighed. You didn’t mind him anyway. You leaned your arm on your desk and rested the side of your head on your hand for support. You have decided to just finish this tiresome -work and get away from Jungkook as soon as possible. You let it be even if his close presence is making you feel worse.

You grit your teeth frustrated as you cannot solve the problems easily. Your head is not functioning well and having Jungkook by your side makes it truly worse.

You remembered your confrontation with him this morning. You were very disappointed of what happened to be honest. He’s really careless and stupid. This morning you only wanted to make things clear and to get rid of this bothersome feelings but everything just keeps on getting complicated, and you don't even know how and why. And it’s a shame to have Taehyung get involved and hurt in this conflict which shouldn’t happened to start with. Guilt and weary is eating you alive.

Time passed by fast without you noticing. You gained your senses back when your professor came back and informed everyone that there's only 10 minutes left to finish the activity about a couple of minutes ago.

You gasped in panic especially after realizing you haven't answered anything yet. You obviously just wasted your time drowning yourself with your own thoughts to begin with. You frowned showing pity and disappointment to yourself. You are one of the smart students in your class and you're upset that you're being like this right now. If only you studied in advance last night and you don’t have this disturbing and toxic quarrel with Jungkook, you’re pretty sure this activity could have been a piece of cake.

It's more saddening to see that some of your classmates are already passing their work. They are now leaving the room with their friends and you bet they will be having their early lunch now. You watch them with your bitter expression.

Your mood dropped to its lowest peak when Jungkook stood up and passed his work too, completely leaving you alone with three of your classmates left in the room. You hated how he can compose himself after the fact that he committed something offensive to you. You hated yourself more for having a little hope that he might help you when he glanced at you a while ago, but that's plainly a stupid idea.

Ashamed and pressured to pass a blank seatwork, you just randomly answered all the questions on the last minute. You tried to cheer up by telling yourself mentally to recover this failed seatwork on the next one. You promised.

After two or more minutes, you collate your remaining energy and give your paper to your professor but he refused to take it. You asked why in confusion.

"Mr. Jeon already passed both of your work together, Ms.Shin." He told you before leaving.

You were left stunned and still confused in front of the teacher's desk. You puffed your cheeks and sighed. This is really sickening. You cannot deny the fact that you felt touched and a bit lighter knowing that Jungkook helped you despite of your quarrel. He can really be a sweet sometimes.

You lifelessly got your bag and ready yourself to leave the room when suddenly, you heard the door clicked. You turned your head to look who locked the door and you saw it was him. You unconsciously put down your bag again and faced him. You thought he already left and went somewhere only God knows but here he is now, walking towards you.

You watch him in trance as he take steps closer to you. He bit on his lower lip; the cut on his lower lip is still freshly evident.

"Stop doing that, your cut could bleed again." You unconsciously blurted out.

Jungkook stopped in front of you and also stopped chewing his lip. He listened to you, that’s a surprise. Frustration and dismay is visible on his face as he look back at you. He took a deep breath before speaking.

"Sunmi."

You also did the same and tried your best to calm yourself. You thought this should really stop. It’s negatively affecting not only you and him, but also an innocent friend. You responded when you’re now ready to hear him out.

"Hmm?"

You waited for him to continue. You guessed this is the time he'll finally explain and apologize for being such a close-minded and idiotic .

He lowered his head and whispered to the air. "Sorry."

You didn't reply. You're afraid that he is not sincere enough to get your forgiveness. You can’t control yourself from doubting him.

He slowly raises his head, showing a pained expression. Your heart sunk at the sight. He might be really feeling the same distress you are experiencing, but you’re still hesitant and quite unsure if he’s showing his true emotions. You’re knowledgeable of how good he can act and pretend.

"I'm sorry for my impetuous deeds and f-for.. for hurting you.”

You crossed your arm and mumbled. "Jerk."

There was silence between you two. For a moment, you were both just staring at each other. Your eyebrows are narrowed the whole time. You want to widen your understanding and comprehend with him. You clenched your fists and gasped for air before speaking.

"I hope you'll stop being impulsive and judgmental, Jungkook.” You witnessed how his jaw locked after you said that.

“Yes, I’m a bother to you, but you should keep in mind that I'm just concerned and-"

Your sentence was cut when he swiftly pulled you in his arms, hugging you tightly. Your eyes widen at the sudden embrace, you were going to break loose but he is holding you too tight. You're puzzled and stuck.

Maybe this is his way of making you stop nagging like his mom again and that's what you thought.

“I’m not done yet-“

“Me too.”

You’re bewildered. You didn’t get why he replied that.

“I’m also concerned.” His voice broke.

Your lips parted and your eyes widen at the sudden confession he said. He’s also concerned. You cannot register what he said inside your mind. If he’s really concerned then why is he such a pain in the ? You cannot fathom his own way of showing his care.

“Jungkook.” You lightly patted his back which made him slowly pull away from the hug.

“First of all, you’re a head.” You continued. Jungkook frowned more and it made you smile slightly.

You found yourself explaining everything to him next. “You’ve been irresponsible and insensitive. I was upset last time because I felt like you’re just using me to back you up whenever you needed one. I don’t want to tolerate your misdeeds and caprices anymore.”

He lowered his head when you paused for a second.

“Second, I don’t know where the hell you’re getting these malicious thoughts about me. I’m not flirting-“

He suddenly butted in to cut your sentence.

“You were too close and laughing with a jerk who I never seen you with before at the Gym, Sunmi.”

You sighed. He’s truly a dimwit. You disclosed to him what happened that time. He taunted after you finished telling the story behind what he witnessed.

“I knew it! That ing little jerk tried to hit on you!”

You glared at him and hit his arm hard. “Stop overreacting!”

He rubbed his arm while you continue to throw dagger looks at him.

“I should’ve punched him-“

You thump his other arm this time to make him stop. You remembered the scenario where he punched Taehyung this morning which made you point a finger on him.

“Keep that dumb fist of yours to yourself, Jungkook. You’ve already hurt someone faultless!”

“I don’t regret it.”

“What?!”

“I said, I don’t regret punching him.”

“You’re sick.” You mentally run your palm on your face and sighed in frustration.

“No, you are. You’re pale.” He tried to cup your face but you smack his hand away.

“This is your fault.”

“Why?! Is it because I disturb you’re rest time with-“

“Gosh! Here you go again!” You yelled at him in a horrified manner. You kicked his leg before you sat down on your chair. He cried in pain and cursed madly.

You didn’t mind him yelping. You covered your face with your hands and sulked. Your lips are already trembling because you’re on the verge of tears.

“I skipped t-two meals since last night and I wasn’t able to get some sleep after y-you spat dreadful accusations to me..”

“Sunmi..” Jungkook called but you disregarded it.

“I felt better knowing you wanted to talk this morning, expecting that you already realize you’re wrong. And I didn’t ditch you, okay?”

Jungkook nodded lightly but you didn’t saw it because you’re still covering your face. Hot tears flowing down your eyes and you don’t want him to see it even though Jungkook knows you’re a crybaby.

 

After you told him that you fainted and Taehyung was there to help you without any bad intentions, Jungkook felt abash and chasten. He’s guilty of his reckless behavior for sure. He wanted to tell you but he chose to keep to himself that the reason why he raged on Taehyung was because Jungkook thought that Taehyung made you cry.

Jungkook turned back to your meeting place when you called his phone during that time. You were sobbing in front of Taehyung when Jungkook found you which made him immediately conclude the wrong one.

“I’ll apologize to him if you want to.”

You felt your heart lighted after hearing that. You wiped off your slightly dried tears using your knuckles. You felt Jungkook squatting down in front of you so you look up and saw his face just across yours. You smiled weakly and he gladly mirrored yours.


He patted your head before taking your black bag. He slings it on his shoulder and told you that you're having lunch with him. He’ll treat you as a peace offering and payment for his owe. You cheekily smiled and nodded at him. A free lunch would be nice and you're happy seeing him showing an effort to make up with you.

It's great that you are finally consoled now after everything that happened. And you realized that you haven’t eaten lunch with him since you don’t even know how long now.

Jungkook leaded the way out of the room. You followed him and asked curiously why he locked the door in the first place; he's only going to talk to you so why bother, right?

"I don't like any disturbance."

Your phone suddenly rings from your pocket that made your attention slip from him. You took your phone out and to your surprise it was someone you aren't expecting it to be.

 

 

 

Taehyung calling...

 

 


 

 

Author's Note:
Share your thoughts by leaving a comment.

Thank you! 

- btsvbabylove