Chapter 11

If I End Up With You

Chapter 11


 

 

"How many times do I have to tell you that I am not his girlfriend?!" you exclaimed at the top of your lungs as you looked at the guy with an ear piercing who was toying with your phone in front of you.

You tried to get free from the chair they had tied you to, but you were unsuccessful. It's bizarre how you still have time to wonder if the person who tied you up was a boy scout since he was so adept at tying knots. But how awful of him to exploit his abilities in such a negative way.

These thugs had you taken to the rear of your school's gymnasium. Your hands are firmly bound at the back of the chair, so you're technically trapped in place. You can't help but feel helpless in this particular situation. You are highly guarded by these seniors who are behaving tough just because there are so many of them.

"Then should I make you mine?"

This guy's absurd question made your jaw drop. How can someone be so arrogant? Yes, he's not unattractive, but he's obviously not your type.

You were going to shout at him again when he unexpectedly touched your chin, making you quiver. A smirk formed on his lips as he saw your reaction to his touch.

You clenched your teeth and kicked his leg as hard as you could to get him to back down. But he was too quick to read you and was able to avoid it.

You sneered at him, saying, "Don't touch me with your filthy hand, jerk."

The other seniors in the room laughed, and he laughed along with them while staring you in the eyes.

The person who tied you up interrupted the talk. "We caught a feisty one, Chul."

You didn't take your gaze off his face and kept staring at the man he'd just named Chul. You suspected he was the head of this senior gang and the source of all this mayhem. 

"Yes, and I guess Jungkook and I have the same taste in girls," he said, making you want to vomit.

Everything he just uttered disgusts you. It's as if nothing positive will ever come out of his mouth, and you despised it. You detest how brave he was to express such things, especially mentioning Jungkook's affections for you.

"Stop saying such nonsense! You freak-"

"They're finally here!"

You were taken aback when one of the guys securing the exit warned that someone was approaching. You must not allow the situation to deteriorate. You imagine how they may wind up killing each other, and you don't want it to happen.

You attempted to talk it out, your eyes wide and begging. "Chul, please stop doing this; you're endangering everyone."

"Did you just call my name?" he questioned, taking up the wrapping tape on the chair next to you.

You simply nodded and went on. "It's not too late to put an end to this; let's work out your conflicts with them."

"No," he said, stopping you. "You don't know anything."

"Then tell me! I'll help you." You keep trying to persuade him, but it's as if he's not paying attention.

He wrapped a large piece of tape around your lips to keep you quiet.

"We won't hurt you, Sunmi; we just want that jerk to pay for hurting our friend," he added, his eyes filled with rage and anguish. 

You shook your head to urge him to stop whatever he was plotting with Jungkook and the others, but he didn't listen.

 

A chair suddenly flew across the room and smashed against the wall, shocking everyone except Chul, who is now chuckling and caressing your head. Maybe he's attempting to calm you down about what's going on, but you're becoming irritated instead.

Chul was blocking your view of what was going on the other side, but you could evidently hear a lot of noise. You are well aware that the two groups are currently engaged in a fistfight, which has led you to cry. You are concerned about Jungkook getting hurt again.

Chul was going to wipe your tear away with his thumb when someone grabbed his shoulder and shoved him against the wall.

Your eyes widen as you realize who it is.

 

Of course. He will show up.

You were well aware of it.

You've been waiting for him to appear and save you, and seeing it happen now makes you sob even more.

 

"How dare you lay a hand on her!" he yelled before hitting Chul on the left cheek.

Chul cracked a grin and punched back, striking Jungkook in the face as well.

You're horrified as you watch them battle furiously as if they're trying to kill each other.

You wanted to scream, but you couldn't because of the tape covering your lips. Even if your cry was muted, you still yelled.

You squirm in your seat and twist your wrists in an attempt to untie yourself.

 

You leaped on your seat in surprise as a pair of hands clasped yours. You immediately turn around to check who it is.

"I'll get you out of here," Taehyung stated as he untied the rope that had been knotted around your wrists.

 

After he freed you, you instantly removed the tape from your mouth.

Taehyung stopped you from running toward Jungkook and Chul.

 

Taehyung was able to get you out of there despite your efforts to free yourself from his grip. He just let you scream and punch him while pulling you toward the school's old, restricted building.

Your eyes are puffy, and your throat is sore from all the sobbing and shouting you've done already. You could definitely see how everyone was causing each other pain back there. You want them to stop, but you have no idea how.

 

Taehyung led the way inside the building. You're terrified of the place because it's already dark.

He led you to an empty room and switched on the lights. He's still clutching your hand tightly, and you already know that breaking free is impossible since he's too strong.

You took a deep breath before eventually speaking slowly.

"Are we even allowed here?" you asked, examining the room.

With all the piled-up tables and chairs at the back, the room appears to be ancient. On the side, there's a large locker and a black sofa. Basketballs and baseball bats are readily accessible near the locker area. 

Basically, it appears to be a male's den. The thought of this location being Bangtan's hideout quickly crossed your mind. 

"Don't worry, they won't mind you being here," Taehyung said.

You sighed deeply and tried to remain calm. You reasoned that panicking or breaking down in this situation would be unhelpful.

"Why did you take me here? Shouldn't we report to the school guards and go back?" you questioned, moving his hand away from yours.

"We can't, Sunmi. It will only make things worse." He attempted to reassure you. "I'll let you go if you promise not to go anywhere."

You looked at him in disbelief and said nothing.

"You're safe here, and I don't want you to get more involved," he said, as you felt his grip loosen up.

"So you're telling me to wait here while they're hurting each other?!" you questioned, irritably.

Taehyung quietly sighed. 

You got a glimpse of what Chul said about Jungkook injuring his companion. You're curious about the truth behind this accusation, and you think Taehyung knows everything.

"You're one of RM's subordinates, right?" you sought out, but Taehyung remained silent.

He seemed to be hurt from the commotion as well, but you tried to appear casual. You must know everything, and this is your top concern.

"Why do you guys do this? What are you even fighting for? Don't you know this is illegal? All of you can get expelled!" You bombarded him with more questions as he remained quiet, gazing into your eyes. 

"Answer me!" you shouted, slamming your fist into his chest.

He eventually replied, "Sunmi, we're not the bad guys here."

"Then why did you hurt Chul's friend?!" Taehyung stared at you as if he couldn't believe you knew about it.

Remembering what Jungkook said about backing them in their prior fight with the seniors only indicates that they were the ones who injured Chul's friend, and Jungkook is innocent.

"Can't you guys just have a peaceful life at school? You're even dragging Jungkook along with your stupid gang wars!" You hit him on the chest again as tears stream down your face. You're definitely dehydrated, so you're surprised that you can still cry right now.

Jungkook already has a negative reputation for skipping classes, and adding a record of school violence would undoubtedly do significant damage not only to him but also to his parents. You don't want to think the worst of them, but the fact that they may be expelled from school bothers you to no end.

Taehyung went for your hand, ready to tell you and explain everything, but Bangtan unexpectedly appeared.

You didn't even have time to react when you saw them since Jungkook had already grabbed you away from Taehyung.

 

"Yah! Let go of me!" you yelled at Jungkook, but he continued to drag you until you arrived at the school gates.

"Jungkook, what the hell happened?! Tell me what you got yourself into!" you said as you yanked your arm free from his grip.

You were irritated because you did not receive a response from him.

"If you don't confess now, I'll ask Taehyung again," you stated as you stepped back into the campus.

Jungkook rushes over to grasp your arm and prevent you from turning around.

"We'll talk once you're back home." He's exhausted and tense as a result of all the commotion.

You didn't say anything and just stared at him while he called a cab.

 

 

The drive to your house was short, which you appreciated because the silence inside the cab was deafening.

You both settled inside your room. You were about to corner him when he took off his dirty and slightly ripped shirt, displaying his bruised torso, and you were too stunned to talk.

You gasped when you saw it. Your hands began to quiver in anxiety as you become concerned that he was seriously injured.

He approached you and reached for your arms. His thumb gently touches your wrist.

"Did they hurt you?" He questioned in a whisper.

You shook your head lightly. You don't want him to be worried about you because you were not badly harmed as he was.

"Are you okay? We should go to the hospital right now," you said, referring to his injuries.

"Don't overreact, it's just scratched," he responded.

Your brow furrowed in displeasure at his idiotic comment. You're well aware that they were no ordinary scratches.

When he noticed your annoyed face, he let out a soft chuckle. You wanted to punch him for laughing, but you could not.

"I'll go downstairs and get an ice pack and first aid kit, and then we'll talk."

He gave you a gentle nod and waited for you to return.

 

 

You're now attending to his injuries as he begins to bring up the subject.

"You can ask now," he eventually signaled.

You inhaled deeply. "Did you hurt Chul's friend?"

"If you're asking if I punched that bastard, then yes," he said, clicking his tongue.

"Can you please be serious about this?" You glared at him. You don't mind hitting him since he's being absurd about this matter.

"Could you please be more specific?" He responded.

"Fine. Did you break his arm or not? Or was it one of the Bangtan guys who did it?" You cringed, anticipating his response.

He averted his gaze. "It was just an accident."

"What?!" You grabbed his chin and forced him to look at you again.

"Accident?! Really now?" you said again, taken aback.

"You don't need to know everything, Sunmi," he replied, his tone anxious.

"I do, Jungkook; as you can see, I am involved," you stated.

He muttered, "You shouldn't be."

"But, unfortunately, I am!" you mocked.

Jungkook clenched his teeth and clutched his hand hard, demonstrating how much he resents everything. He had no option but to inform you of the root of the problem. He no longer has any control over the matter since it has gotten out of hand.

He grumbled in defeat and eventually spilled the beans to you.

The revelations took you by surprise. Your brain is now unable to digest everything.

All you know is that you must trust Jungkook.