Chapter 5

If I End Up With You

Chapter 5


 

 

You lazily look at your wristwatch and saw that your next class will start in about 5 minutes.


You heaved a weary sigh as you look around. You guess some of the students are already walking their way to their respective classes. And here you are being a bystander at the bleacher inside your school’s gymnasium.

 

“What am I even doing here?” You asked yourself frustrated.

 

You sighed again then shifted your gaze to the floor. Your head hanging low, feeling excessive mental tiredness.

After you ran away from Jungkook, you isolated yourself from others, especially to him.

You’re curious if he followed you or if he’s looking for you right now but you know he wouldn’t. He’s a jerk after all so why would he even give an effort of doing that?

 


Then out of the blue, you remembered something.



“Don’t worry, if no one will end up with you… I will.”
 


You abruptly shake your head to get rid of that unwanted thought. 


It’s brighter than the sun that it was only a joke to provoke you and it’s impossible that he will take you seriously.

He even proved a while ago that you’re just someone he will take advantage of because you’re childhood friends. He knows you care about him and you’ll always be taking his side no matter what, that’s why he is enjoying abusing you to the extent that he’s already using you for his wants.

 

You asked yourself, why on earth you are thinking about that now when you’re feeling like because of him.

 

 

 

 

 


“Hey!”

 

 



Someone shouted which made you immediately look up. You saw a guy waving his hands in the air on the other side of the court. You knitted your brows showing confusion on why does this guy calling you out of nowhere. You don’t even know him that’s for sure.
 


The guy started pointing at your feet which you obediently look at.

There you saw a ball and it took you a few minutes to realize you were totally engrossed in your own thoughts that you didn’t feel something already touching your foot.
 

 

You slowly reach out to get the ball.

 

You were already holding the ball and were about to lift it up when suddenly a pair of hands enveloped yours.

You automatically look at the person in front of you with a shocked expression.

 

He’s staring back at you while unconsciously still holding your hands that are carrying the ball he owns.


You felt weird and awkward at the same time so you immediately look away and withdraw your hands from his hold, making you drop the ball.

 

Due to your reflex, you involuntarily lean down to get the ball. He did the same thing making you bump into each other’s head.

 

 

“Ouch!”
“!”

 

You both yelped in pain after the impact that made you seated back on the bleacher.



You held your forehead while your eyes are completely shut.



“Are you okay?” You heard him ask.

 

You slowly opened your eyes and were shocked to see his face right in front of yours.

You instantly leaned your head backward and pushed him away. He was taken aback after you pushed him.



“Uh- I’m sorry.” He said while rubbing his nape.  



You looked at him for a second and said, “It’s okay”.



“Does it still hurt?” He asked making you look at him again, confused.

 

 Unexpectedly, you felt his hand on your forehead. Your eyes widen at the sudden contact.



“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?!” You shouted at him while getting rid of his hand on your forehead.



“I was just checking if you’re hurt.” He explained.



“I a-already said I’m fine so stop being-“


You stop midway to think of the right word to say. 


“Stop being what?” He looks at you curiously.

“Uh-" You bite your lip while still thinking.



"Touchy?” You mouthed like a whisper.


 
He burst out laughing hearing what you’ve said. You watch him half annoyed and muddled.



“What’s funny?!” You asked while shooting him a glare. 

 

It didn’t make him stop laughing out loud. His laugh echoed inside the empty gymnasium. You witness how his eyes disappear while he is laughing.

 

“We’re not even close or what! I m-mean, I don’t even know you!” You retorted at him, trying to hide your nervousness.

He chuckled seeing you panic and stutter. He then composed himself first before speaking.



“I’m sorry.” He started. “I don’t intend to offend you or something. I’m just used to this kind of gesture.”

You watch him slouch down to get the ball on the floor.

“And besides, I was just going to get this because someone from this side won’t pass it back to me.” He chuckled while looking at you.

 


“Oh.” You reacted. “Sorry, I was about to pass it but you suddenly appeared in front of me.”


He lightly nodded and started spinning the ball on his thumb, showing off some of his tricks to you.

“I thought you won’t because you’ve been idling for a long time.”

You felt bashful knowing that from him. You didn’t know you’d been acting that way a while ago. You were about to apologize again when he cut you.

“But it’s actually good that I got this by myself.”

You raised a brow at him asking why.

“Well, I got the chance to know an amusing girl like you.” He stated then winked at you.

“What the hell?” You mentally cursed inside your head.



He smoothly made his way to take a seat beside you. You look at him bewildered.



“So.. what’s your name?” He asked cheekily.
 


You faced him and look straight into his little eyes.

He smiled more which literally made you feel uneasy but you calmed yourself.

 

You’re not dumb, it’s obvious that this guy is trying to flirt and hit on you.

This kind of encounter isn’t new for you. You’ve already experienced this twice or so during grade school.

 

Your lips slowly curved into a smile making him anticipate your answer more.

 

You signaled him to come closer. 

 

He obediently followed then you slowly leaned on his ear and whispered.

 

 

 

 

 

 



“Get lost, boy.”

 

 


His jaw dropped upon hearing what you’ve called him. You backed away from him and smirked.



“In your face.” You mumbled while he was still in a state of shock.



He blinked three times then he began coughing like something blocked his throat.

 

You bite your lip trying to prevent yourself from laughing but failed. Uncontrollable laughter slips out from your lips.



He looked away feeling humiliated in front of a girl he doesn’t know. You kept on laughing at him which made your eyes teary. You tried to suppress it but you just can’t. It’s too funny seeing a conceited guy baffle because of you.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey Park Jimin!”



You promptly look at where the voice came from.

You gasp in terror seeing familiar figures.

 

Your eyes widen and you literally choked on your own saliva detecting the guy in the bus this morning and his friends walking towards your direction yet again.
 


You heard the guy beside you call them back and it made you feel alarmed knowing now that this guy is related to the people you’re avoiding.

 

You look at them again and you kinda noticed their messy looks as they got into a fight or something. You looked away and reminded yourself why you even care.



You mentally cursed yourself before standing up. Without any fuss, you ran away from them heading to the exit as fast as you can.

 



“Wait! Where are you going?!”

You heard him shout but you didn’t look back.


“Hey! Wait! You left-“



You weren’t able to complete his sentence because you were already outside the gym.

You quickly run towards the other building.

You can feel your sweat dripping down your forehead as you climb up the stairs. You stopped in your tracks when you finally reached your classroom.

 

You peeked inside and saw how your classmates are roaming inside without any professor around.

You sighed in relief and opened the door. The room was suddenly surrounded by silence as you came inside.
 


“Yah Sunmi!” One of your classmates yelled at you. "Stop joking around!" 

You shot him a confused look.

“We thought you were Sir. Lee! Aish!” Another one complained.

 

Everyone laughed and you shyly joined in.


And the noise started again.

 

You scanned the room and there’s no sign of any jerk, I mean any Jeon around.

 

You shrugged and went to your seat and buried your head on your table then closed your eyes.

 

You thought that you were still lucky because your professor is absent when you tried to ditch class. But you can't stop yourself to feel anxious about everything that just happened.
 

You then noticed you’d been running around the school this whole morning which made you feel more exhausted. You aren’t that active so you start to feel a slight pain in your legs.

 

You desperately wish that this day would just end straightaway so you could rest and have total peace at home.

 

 


 

 

Author's Note: 

What do you think about this chapter?

Kindly leave a comment.


- btsvbabylove