Chapter 8

If I End Up With You

 

Chapter 8


 

 

You’re still staring at your phone screen as you think profoundly about the current situation. You felt your heart pounding so hard when Jungkook asked you to meet him right after the call.

 

Your mind started to produce a lot of possible circumstances that will happened if you meet him now.

 

There’s a big chance that it’s about yesterday’s quarrel between you two. He might apologize and mend your friendship for old times' sake or maybe he’s going to repeat all that you’ve said to him and rub it in your face, to make you feel bad and guilty and to finalize your cutting of ties as childhood friends.

You touched your forehead, feeling quite dizzy for overthinking early in the morning. Plus, your stomach isn’t cooperating too. You skipped two meals already, dinner last night and breakfast this morning.

 

You sighed realizing that you’re literally drained for crying all night and for torturing yourself on a hunger strike. You remembered that the last time you’ve done this is when your parents left you for the first time for a business trip when you’re still a toddler and when your first pet dog died.

 

After you put back your phone in your pocket, you gently massage your temples while walking your way to the kindergarten’s playground.

 

You smiled weakly when Jungkook chose that place to meet up. It’s a special place for you to be honest; it’s where you both played every dismissal when you two are still in preschool.

 

It makes you more worried on why did he chose there out of all places. Is it a good sign or not? You’re confused.

 

You glance at your wristwatch and realized that your first class must be starting at the moment now. You released a long sigh, thinking of a good excuse to your professor on why you’re absent this morning. You can’t just say that you went to meet up with Jungkook as a reason for ditching class. You’ll be in big trouble for sure.

 

 

You’re getting close to your destination when suddenly your surrounding got blurry and your vision started to spin. You hold on to the nearest post and shut your eyes tight.

 

The last thing you knew was everything went black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Her sudden loss of consciousness is due to lack of food and sleep causing low blood pressure and an abnormal heart rhythm. All she needs is some rest and food afterwards then she’ll be fine.”

You heard a woman’s voice speaking as you slowly open your eyes. You stared at the white ceiling above you then roam your eyes around, now fully aware that you are in your school’s clinic.

You searched for your school nurse and saw her talking to someone, he’s back facing you. Your lips automatically curved into a smile seeing him.

 

 


“Oh she’s awake now.” The school nurse declared when she caught you looking at them.

The guy turned around, revealing that he wasn’t who you’re expecting him to be.

 

 

“Taehyung?”



Your shock expression that it wasn’t Jungkook is evident all over your face. He smiled slightly while he approaches you, the nurse followed him behind.



“Are you feeling better?” He asked you and you nodded as an answer.

 

“Why are you here?” You asked him.



“He’s the one who brought you here, Sunmi.” The nurse informed you.

You shyly smiled and thanked him for helping you.
 


“It seems like you’re fatigued so take some good rest before leaving the clinic. Get something to eat after also, okay?” You nodded to the school nurse and thanked her. She smiled then excused herself, leaving you with Taehyung.

 

You fidget with your fingers as you timidly look at him again.



“Taehyung.”


He didn’t respond, he just took a seat on the side of your bed. You look at him confused on why is he still here. He should go now because he doesn’t need anything to do here anymore right?



“Uhm... Don’t you have class?” You asked him and he just shook his head.

“Liar, we all have classes in the morning.” You pointed out making him chuckle.

“Go on, I’m fine now. Thank you again.” You told him but he just shrugged off, making you more confused.

Then you thought how he brought you here. You look at him and you caught him looking at you too. It was kind of awkward and uncomfortable for you because you aren’t close yet or to top it all you aren’t really sure if you’re friends now.


“Are you wondering how I saw you unconscious?” He suddenly spoke. You we’re shocked yet again on how on earth did he read your mind.

“I was around the corner and saw you holding on to a post, you look very pale so I walked towards you and got to catch you on time when you collapsed.” He answered without you asking.

Your cheeks heated up upon hearing that from him. You looked away embarrassed. You asked yourself why of all people, Taehyung is always there during your embarrassing moments. You might be a nuisance for him by now. He obviously skipped his class to help you and you felt bad about it.

You heard him chuckle, getting your attention. You raised a brow in confusion on what’s funny.

 

“You’re pouting like a duck.”

 

You immediately covered your lips and made him chuckle more. You glared at him and shifted your sight to the other direction. You’re surprised to see your phone on top of the side table. Taehyung followed your sight.



“Ah,” He said as he got up to get your phone and hand it to you.

You hold your phone. Out of a sudden you remembered the call between you and Jungkook awhile ago.

“Oh my-“ You panicked. “How long have I been here?!”

Taehyung checked the clinic’s wall clock. “About an hour now I guess.”

Your lips agape in shock. You were about to dial Jungkook’s number when you saw your call log. It is stated there that you have 5 missed calls and a phone call with him 15 minutes ago. You were technically asleep by that time so you creased your forehead wondering why you have a call history with him.

 


“I answered the call and told him you can’t talk to him because you’re resting.”

You looked back at Taehyung bewildered.

“WHAT?!” You shouted out loud. He was taken aback with your fuming response.

“I’m sorry. I was-“ You didn’t let him complete his sentence.

 

You immediately stood up from the bed and fixed yourself as fast as you can. You badly need to see Jungkook now and explain why you didn’t show up on time. You’re fully aware of his malicious and twisted mind. He might be thinking that you ditch him for someone else because a guy answered his call. You don’t want anything to get any worse so you stormed out of the clinic and ran your way to the playground. You didn’t mind Taehyung calling you to stop.

 

Your face shows worry as you look around, hoping that you’ll bump into Jungkook. You reached the kindergarten’s playground. You hold onto your chest, panting heavily.

 

Unfortunately, Jungkook was nowhere to be found at that place. Your shoulders fell down in disappointment and frustration.  

 

You got your phone and dialed his number.

 

“Jungkook pick up, please. Pick up.” You mumbled while tapping your foot.

 



A pair of hand touched your shoulders, making you turn around. Your face just inches away from Taehyung’s. Your eyes widen seeing him again this close, realizing that he followed you.

 

“Are you out of your mind? Do you want to faint again?!” He scoffed at you and with that your tears stream down your face continuously. You dropped your phone and began sobbing.

 

Suddenly out of nowhere, someone pushed Taehyung away from you and punched him right on his face.

Taehyung landed hard on the grass. He spit out blood as he massages his jaw while he scowls.



“Taehyung! No! Jungkook stop!” You stopped him to come any closer to Taehyung by pulling his arm, gripping tightly on him.



Jungkook turned to you and harshly removes your hold on his arm, his eyes flaming with rage. You step back in fear.



Jungkook’s eyes slowly soften seeing your pale face, concern evident on his face but his expression immediately changed when you helped Taehyung get up from the ground.



“Are you done resting with that new bastard of yours to show up here now, Sunmi?”

 

You throw a dagger look at Jungkook at what he have said and you weakly pushed his chest in dismay.

 

“You ! I fainted a while ago and he helped me!” You yelled loud enough to get his senses back.

 

Jungkook brows knitted as he shift his gaze from you to Taehyung.

 

“I didn’t ditch you on purpose nor flirted with any guy! Stop accusing me like you never knew me at all.” You fumed in anger.

 

“I- I’m..”

“No.” You cut him. “You aren’t sorry. Let’s go, Taehyung.”  You tugged Taehyung along with you as you walk out from Jungkook.

 

Jungkook grabbed your right arm to stop you, but you abruptly shoved it away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You were silent the whole time you’re walking with Taehyung. No words came out from your mouth nor his.

You were completely lost in your trance when Taehyung asked you.

 

 

"May I ask you something?"

You nodded slowly.







“Is he your boyfriend?”

 

And you started coughing uncontrollably like a lump was stuck in your throat.

 

 


 

 

Author's Note: 

Any thoughts about this chapter?

Your subscriptions, upvotes and comments are highly appreciated! 

- btsvbabylove