Chapter 7

If I End Up With You

 

Chapter 7


 

 

You happily entered your humble home. It's like your mood has been lifted up for knowing someone you never met before. You completely forgot about all the exhaustion you're feeling because of this.

 

You honestly feel really great to have a new guy friend. Well, you're still not sure if Taehyung sees you as a friend too but you can sense that you'll get to know each other more, soon to be exact, especially that he told you not to run away when you see him again right?

It only means he wanted to be friends with you also. Call it too assuming or whatever, but that’s what you've understand.

 

 

Out of nowhere you remembered the night when you argued with Jungkook.

 

You can't forget how he cockily pointed out that he's the only guy in your life which is true back then.

 

 

"Not anymore.” You said still smirking on your own.

 

 

You don't even know why you're feeling giddy about this matter. Is it because you’ve proven something you wanted or is it just that you're expecting of a sudden change in your life now? You don't know yet.

 

 

You're thinking of getting involve with other people will help you shift your attention and put more importance to people who are really worth it for you.

 

 

You opened your room's door and to your surprise you saw Jungkook inside. Your smile vanished as you locked eyes with him. You're going to throw him a deadly glare, but a cut on the side of his lower lip caught your attention. You then realized he looks like he got into a fight.

 

You immediately went near him and asked worriedly. "What happened to you?"

 

You were about to hold his chin to look closely at his lip, but he refused. You put your hand down and look at him in confusion. He looks mad and you're sure about it.

 

You knit your brows while thinking why is he mad for no reason, did he forgot that you should be the one who's mad here. He still owes you a lot. And why is he even here in the first place.

 

He suddenly laugh sarcastically as he turn his head low. You just watch him with your confused facial expression.

 

"Why are you laughi-"

 

"Since when did you stop doing what you preach?"

 

"W-what?"

 

He chuckled as he brushed his hair using his hand. He slowly found your eyes and smirked. You looked straight at his raging eyes.

 

"Now I'm completely aware that you've been eating up everything you’ve said."

 

You narrowed your eyes at him.

 

"What do you mean by-"

 

"Tell me, Sunmi." He closed the gap between you two by pulling your arm. You yelp lightly and it made you feel intimidated by him.

 

"So I'm not allowed to flirt, but you do?"

 

Your lips agape in shock at his unbelievable question. Your eyes widen too.

 

He laughed hysterically again.

 

You slowly close your mouth and kept quiet as he continues.

 

"You've been preaching nonstop that I should stop hitting on random girls and start being responsible, you even pressured me too much! But what the hell, Sunmi?! You've been doing the same thing behind my back!" He blurted out. Every word is full of anger.

 

“Yah! I don’t know what you’re saying-“

 

"Don't try to deny it. I caught you at the gym with that guy."

 

A tear stream down your left eye as you bit your trembling lips. You were taken aback by his remarks.

 

"Are you that good in multitasking to be able to study and secretly flirt at once?!"

 

And with that you pushed him away and hit his chest as hard as you can. You cried as you feel your heart being shattered with his sharp words.

 

He let you hit him freely. He didn't protest or even yelp in pain. He just kept his eyes straight on yours while you keep on throwing punches on his chest.

 

“How dare y-you accuse me!” You shouted out of anger.

 

You slowly stop hitting his chest as you feel your chest tighten in pain. You buried your face on his chest while still crying. You heard him scoff and felt his hold on both of your arms. He pushed you lightly away from him so he could see your face. You kept your head hang low making it hard for him to see your face clearly.

 

He sighed.

 

“Then tell me, who’s that jerk?” He asked in an unexpected calm voice.

 

You raised your head and locked eyes with him. You knitted your brows at him.

 

“You’re the only jerk I know.” You sharply said.

 

He gritted his teeth.

 

“I’m serious, Sunmi.” He warned you.

 

“Since when did you learn how to take things seriously anyway?” You said in an annoying manner.

 

“Just tell me who the hell that guy is and why are you with him?!” He yelled out loud making you shock.

 

“Why do you even care?!” You shouted back at him. A tear flow down your eye again.

 

“Damn it! Stop answering my questions with another question!” He tightens his hold on your arms.

 

“Then stop acting like you care!” You retorted back and made him silent. You grab this chance to remove his hold on you. He didn’t stop you but you witness how he crumpled his fists.

 

“Let’s stop this, Jungkook.” You’re both looking at each other keenly.

 

“I didn’t do anything wrong so I don’t need to explain anything to you. Think of whatever you want! I don’t care anymore. I had enough of you and your spiteful twisted mind.”

 

You can feel yourself shaking and you don’t know why, but you kept on speaking.

 

“I’m tired of understanding you and I know you’re also tired of me because I tend to interfere on your own affairs.”

 

“Let’s just mind our own business from now on.” You finished as you felt yourself suffocating as you said those words. You tried to read Jungkook’s expression, but you failed. He’s just staring at you blankly.

 

You’re both in silence for a couple of minutes.

 

 

 

“Fine. Suit yourself then.”

 

Jungkook uttered before leaving and slamming the door shut.

 

 

You break down on the floor and started crying even more. You wanted to stop crying, but your eyes are betraying you. You don’t know if you’ve done and said the right thing or not. But one thing is for sure, you obviously cut your ties with your childhood best friend. And it pains you deep inside.

 

A voice on your mind kept on shouting that you should follow Jungkook and take back everything you’ve said and explain to him. But you know it isn’t that easy.

 

It took you hours in tears without you noticing. You look at your wall clock and realized it’s already past 8pm when you finally calmed down.

 

You stood up weakly and drag yourself to bed. You don’t have any appetite to eat dinner so you forced yourself to sleep. You tried your best to fall sleep but you can’t. You’ve been waking up every half an hour when you fall asleep, making your head ache in pain.

 

You were about to sleep again when you’re alarm suddenly rang, telling you that it’s already morning and you need to prepare for school. A sigh escaped your lips yet again as you turn off the alarm.

 

You gathered all your remaining strength to go to school even though you aren’t feeling well. You entered your campus silently praying that things won’t get more complicated for you.

 

Loud murmurs echoed around the hallways while you walk your way to your classroom. You didn’t intend to eavesdrop on their chitchats but a familiar name caught your attention.

 

“Yes, it’s really Jeon Jungkook.”
“Really? I heard he was outnumbered by the seniors yesterday.”
“Yes but good thing Bangtan helped him. Without them as his backup, he’s totally toast. You should have seen it, girl. It was a total riot!”
“That Jungkook is really something huh. First, he started a fist fight with a senior on his own. Second, he has connections with Bangtan now."

"How cool is he?”
“I know right?! He’s on my watch list now.”


The two gossip girls suddenly caught you looking and listening to them. You fake a cough as you continued walking, leaving them behind.

The cut on the side of Jungkook’s lower lip flashed on your mind. You confirmed now that he got into a fight yesterday with a group of seniors and Bangtan according to the girls on the hallway. You aren't really fond of gossips and rumors, but this matter really triggered you. You wanted to know more about what happened but you remembered what you’ve said last time to Jungkook.

 

“I’m tired of understanding you and I know you’re also tired of me because I tend to interfere in your own affairs. Let’s just mind our own business from now on.”


 

You shut your eyes, feeling a burden on your chest. You contemplated for a minute before deciding to look for him. It doesn't matter anymore on whether you're in good terms with him or not. You need to find him and talk to him.
 


You fished your phone in your pocket and dialed his phone number immediately.
 

It was a long wait before he answered your call.


Silence enveloped you both. You can only hear his breath.

 

 

 

"Goddamn it, Jungkook speak please." you shouted inside your mind. 



The silence is slowly killing you so you mentally decided to just say sorry and end the call, but he suddenly spoke making you stop from doing so.

 


"Sunmi."
 

"Yes?"



"Let's meet."