Chapter 2

If I End Up With You

Chapter 2


 


You froze.

 

Your mind went blank.



"He will what? Is he freaking serious?" You thought.

 

 

You were stunned in your spot. His sentence made you feel something weird inside.

 


“Is he insane or what?” You thought again.



You didn’t realize that you were already staring at him deeply with your parted lips, showing your indescribable shocked expression.

 

Finally, you heard him laugh. A laugh that sounded ten times more annoying than his whole existence.

 

His laughter made you feel like you were just been a part of an ice bucket challenge.

 

And there suddenly it all sinks into you. It took a few good minutes before his words were fully processed in your mind.

 

 



It was a joke, a big freaking joke to be specific.


 

Of course, that was some of his corny cheap lines to make fun of you. You really feel stupid for drowning yourself in his words for even a split second.


You felt your cheeks burn up. You feel embarrassed while witnessing him laughing like a retard on your bed.


 

You mentally stab yourself for being stupid. You bite your lower lip while cursing yourself inside your head.


 

“What the hell, Sunmi? Get a hold of yourself.” You reprimanded yourself.

 

 

You also reminded yourself that you could never look this dumb in front of anyone, especially to this named Jeon Jungkook.

 

You think carefully about a good comeback to make him feel the same way you felt. You want to get even and that's for sure.

 

You slowly began chuckling along with his non-stop laughter.

 

“Oh please, Jeon. I think I should be the one telling you that.” His laughter faded slowly while listening to you. You smirked.
 

His lips curved into a smirk too as he raised a brow at you. You gritted your teeth seeing him give you an intimidating look.

 

You continued. “I’m sure you won’t end up with anyone anyway. How pitiful, right?” You shrugged trying to make him feel pissed.
 

“Woah there.” Jungkook said as he gets up from your now messy bed.

 

You tried to look bored as you stare and play with your fingers.

 

“Let’s put it this way. You’re a goddamn of a being, Jeon. And you know that. No one can stand you more than I do so I guess I’m really the only one who’ll be with you in the end.” You explained then shifted your sight at him.

 

Jungkook was dumbfounded. He felt a sting hearing your explanation.

It’s like you really see him as a bad person or something worse.



He coughed before speaking.


“Are you saying that you don’t have a choice?” He asked you with a challenging stare.

 

“Like do I really have a choice, right?” You asked him sarcastically.

 

You tried your best to look calm in front of him but to be honest, you’re already choking with your own words. You feel so nervous inside. It’s like you're trying to keep up with the flow of this uncomfortable and suffocating conversation.

 

“It’s like charity work. Simple as that.” You added.

 

Jungkook chuckled at your last words. He can’t believe everything that you’ve said was really from your mouth.

 

“Well, maybe you’re right. You have a point.” You smiled hearing him agree with you for once.

 

He took a step closer to you and tilted his head slightly getting the right angle to look straight into your eyes.

 

“But don’t you think, it’s all in your favor? It's unfair.” He sighed coolly then smirks. You’re face fell, feeling offended yet again.

 

“What do you mean?” You asked him irritated.
 

“I have countless of girls dying to have me whether they can stand my attitude or not thus making me have a choice on which I’ll be ending up with, meanwhile you…” He trailed off adding annoyance to his statement.

 

“Don’t you dare.” You warned him not to continue. You got his point here and you don't want to get served by him.

 

He smirked more.

 

“Admit it, Sunmi. You don’t have any guy in your life besides me. You really don’t have a choice but I do.” He said as a matter of fact.

 

You cursed under your breath as a sign of defeat.

 

He laughed uncontrollably seeing you pissed and knowing that he was smoothly winning this argument.

 

“So who’s pitiful now, babe?” He asked you teasingly adding emphasis on the endearment to annoy you more.

 

You glared at him, trying to hold your temper to stop yourself from punching his poop face. One thing that you hated more is his infuriating playful side. It's so frustrating.

 

“You mad?” He grinned then he pinched your cheek but you immediately shoved his hand away.

 

“Don’t be. It’s just a joke.”

“I know, Idiot.” You said to yourself.

 

His smile won’t leave his lips which makes your blood boil. Little did you know, he really enjoys this kind of moment with you. He likes seeing you pissed off because he finds it way too cute to handle so he tries his best to continue testing your patience.

 

“Just a piece of advice, try to be nicer to me. Maybe someday I’ll choose you over those girls because of your kindness and obedience.” Jungkook told you with pure arrogance and confidence in his tone. You mentally puked at him.

 

“Shut up. You’re making me puke.” You told him disgusted.

He chuckled then winked. "You’ll never know."

 

You wanted this argument to stop now. You can’t bear to hear more of his arrogance.

 

“Enough of this nonsense chit-chat. Our parents are already waiting for half an hour.” You reminded him.

 

“You sure? We can still talk about our end games on our way there so you can convince me to pick you-“

 

You punch his tummy, which surprisingly felt hard when your fist hit it, to make him stop talking.

 

He groaned and it made you smirk.

“Want more?”

“No thanks.” He said while holding his tummy.

“Come on, Fix yourself. You don’t want the elders to smell any kind of girl’s cheap perfume from their lovable flawless son, right?” You .
 

He rolled his eyes and then grabbed his bag. He took out his V-neck gray shirt and jeans from it.

 

“Then why won’t you fix yourself too and change into a nice pretty dress? You don’t want the elders to see their princess wearing plain clothes, right?” He mocked you while his ing his uniform. Yes, he has the guts to hook up with random girls in his uniform, how well-mannered of him.

 

You scoffed at him then turned to look at your reflection in your wide mirror. You were wearing a simple plain top and skinny jeans plus your sneakers.

 

“Going for a jog?” Jungkook asked while biting his lip, suppressing a laugh from escaping from his lips.

 

You didn’t mind his tease. He already knows since then that you aren’t comfortable wearing dresses and skirts. You prefer simple and kind of boyish types of style in terms of clothes. You also prefer flats or sneakers rather than heels or pumps. And your parents know about this too.

 

You turned around from Jungkook and pick up your comb. You fix your hair while he's stripping at your back.

 

While you’re fixing your hair, your phone beeped. You get it and read your mom’s text message asking where you are and if you’re already with Jungkook. You tapped your reply telling her that you’re on your way to the restaurant with him.

 

Your family will be having dinner with the Jeon family tonight. This isn’t new to you and Jungkook. Your parents are good friends since they were in college which makes you and Jungkook childhood friends since the day you were both born.

 

At least once a month, you spend dinner with them to bond and catch up with the elders. It’s like keeping in touch with each other’s parents despite of their busy schedules.

 

It’s actually a good idea and set up for you except for the fact that Jungkook is still involved here. You realize that you’re literally spending half of your life with him already and you can’t bear nor believe that you’ll end up with him too. What a joke.

 

You felt a light knock at the back of your head which made you stop in your trance. Of course, it’s him who did it.

 

You turned around and shot him a glare. He side smiles then poked your forehead playfully.

 

 

“With that wide forehead of yours, I can already plant an airport on it.” He joked.

 

 

“With a big nose like yours, I’m afraid I’ll be in there soon.” You retorted and that made you both burst into laughter.