Chapter 6

If I End Up With You

 

 

 

Chapter 6


 

 

Classes were cut due to an urgent meeting of all the school faculty and staff this coming afternoon, which only means early dismissal for all the students.


You can still remember how you cheered along with your classmates after it was announced, but life must be testing you right now because when you’re planning to head home right instant, you found out that your bag is missing.

 

 

“Darn it!” You yelled out of frustration.

 


You’ve already wasted half an hour looking for your black bag pack here at the gymnasium where you left it when you escaped from you-know-who-I-am-talking-about.

 

You sat down on the floor and harshly messed up your hair using your hands.


You don’t want to assume that the guy who tried to flirt with you has your bag. But it’s the only possible reason why your bag isn’t here at the spot where you left it.

You pouted while thinking about every important thing you got inside your bag.

Then you felt your cheeks burn up upon remembering something inside it, something that a guy must never see.

You lost your mind in panic. You couldn’t think straight anymore. You’re frightened of the possibility that guy or worse all of them already saw your sanitary napkin kept in your bag.

You cried out loud as you covered your face with your hands.

You lay down on the floor and started kicking in humiliation. You can’t even believe how foolish you are right now. You just want to vent out your emotions.

 

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing?”

 

 

 

You uncovered your face and opened your eyes. 

You were surprised seeing a face that you never wanted to lay an eye on.

 

 

 

 

 “Holy cow-“

 

You unconsciously blurted out while you quickly get up from the floor. You straighten yourself and coughed before looking at him, but you shifted your gaze away when you caught his eyes looking at you.

 

He gave you a questioning look, but you kept quiet.

 

You don’t want to look stupid in front of him, but he just witness you throwing tantrums like a kid on the floor plus the incident on the bus this morning. You mentally smacked yourself after remembering everything again. You really look stupid.

 

You clenched your fist tight.

 

 

“I w-was just looking f-for...” You tried your best not to stutter.

 

“This?”


He pointed at the bag on his right shoulder.

 

It looks like yours but you remembered that he also has a black bag pack which is kind of similar to yours. He was hugging it on the school bus this morning.

 


You shook your head no. “That’s yours.”



He side smiles which didn’t slip from your sight. 

He turned slightly to the left showing another black bag hanged on his left shoulder.



“This is mine.” He corrected.

 

Your lips parted and couldn’t think of something to say.

 

“H-how did- Hey! What the- Yah!“

 

Your sentence was cut because he suddenly walks out, making you dumbfounded.

 

Your forehead creased because of confusion. You were stuck at your position while watching his back walking away. 

 

When you sensed that he’s really serious on walking out on you with your bag, you rapidly run to catch up with him.

 

“Hey! Give that back!” You commanded but it’s like he didn’t even heard anything from you.

 

You’re now walking beside him and you’re having hard time thinking on how you’ll stop him and ask for your bag.
 

He was walking leisurely. His eyes fixed on his way while yours is fixed on him. 

 

 

You then tried to block his way with arms wide open. You grinned in delight when he stopped.

 

 

“What the hell?” You cursed after he turned to another direction and kept walking, leaving you behind.

 

 

Your temper is starting to rise as you thought.

“Who the hell does this guy think he is?”

 

You hurriedly catch up to him again.

 

You stopped upon realizing what’s happening. 

Not too far away from you, he also stopped when he noticed you aren’t following him anymore.

 

He turned around to look at you and ask. “Aren’t you going home?”

 

You didn’t expect him to ask you that kind of question, but you find yourself answering him anyway. “I am.”

 

You sighed before continuing. “Can you give me my bag now?”

 

He just raised a brow at you as an answer.


You’re totally frustrated and tired so you gulp down your own precious pride just to end this madness.

 

 “Please?” You put your hands together and asked.  

 

At the back of your mind, you’re already promising yourself not to get involved or neither sees this guy ever again after this.

 

You waited for his response patiently but he just smiled at you. It was a warm smile to be exact.

 

“Is that a yes? Is he going to give it back now?” You asked yourself in mind.

 

You shyly smiled back and took steps closer to him.

 

But when you’re about to reach his spot, he turned around and walk away again without warning.

 

Your jaw literally dropped, even your shoulders fell down.

 

“Are you insane?!” You shouted at him through gritted teeth.

 

You heard him chuckling as he enters the school bus.

 

“Yah! Stop! Are you taking my bag home?!” You yelled with your unbelievable expression plastered on your face.


You mentally face palmed yourself when you saw him nodded, still not looking at you.

 

You panicked seeing the bus doors closed. 

You run again as fast as you can to get in the bus before it will depart. Your legs are still sore for the entire running marathon you’ve been doing this morning and you can slightly feel the sting now.

 

You watch him take the seat at the back in a lazy manner. You were a little shock when he looked at you. He then tapped the empty seat beside him, signaling you to sit.

 

You gave him an inconceivable look.

There is something about the way he looks at you and you feel it. 

It’s like he has something planned on his mind. You gulped thinking that maybe he’s planning something bad on you. He might be thinking of playing tricks or whatsoever. 

 

It made you feel uncomfortable inside.

 

 

“We’re about to leave. Please take your seats.” The bus driver said.

 

 

He again signaled you to come over and sit at the back with him. You sighed in defeat and walk lifelessly towards him.

 

You sit down awkwardly beside him.

You’re tensed being this close to a guy who has witness your embarrassing moments twice in a day.

Once you’re seated, you released a sigh as you reach down to your left leg. You let out a faint cry of pain when you touched your limb which caught his attention.

 

 


“Sorry.”


Your gaze automatically moved to look at him. You just blinked while waiting for him to continue.

 

 

“Does it hurt?”

 

You slowly nodded then he grabs his bag and gets something you didn’t know. 

 

He hand it to you. “It’s pain relief patches.”

 

You didn’t reply. He coughed before continuing.

“I could put it on your leg if you want to-”, He trailed off.

 

“No! I m-mean, I can do it myself.” You explained and nervously open the patches.

 

He nodded then leaned his back on his seat.

 

You’re surely taken aback on his unexpected remarks. You don’t even know each other so why would he ask if you wanted him to put this on your legs. And besides, you're wearing a skirt for Pete’s sake. It isn't pleasant to see a guy putting patches on a girl's legs who's wearing a skirt. It's an indecent sight for people who have malicious minds.

 

“Is he feeling guilty?” You thought.

 

After you put the patches on your legs, you felt a little better. You looked beside you and saw that he’s resting with his eyes closed.

You admit to yourself that he is good-looking. His bangs suit him very well; it put emphasis on his eyes more.


Your curiosity triggered you which made you look for his ID to know his name. But to your surprise he isn’t wearing one. You’re aware that it’s one of the school rules and regulations that you cannot enter the school without one’s own ID. It’s even written in the handbook. It made you more curious about him.

 

He slowly opened his eyes so you immediately look on the other direction. You heard him yawn.

You breathe first before saying. “Thank you.”

You began to play with your fingers.

“Thank you for getting my bag. I thought I wouldn’t find it again.”
 


You can feel him looking intently at you while you speak.

“And for the patches too. Don’t worry, this isn’t your fault.” You said trying to ease his guilt if ever he is feeling guilty.

 

“And lastly, I’m sorry.” You look at him. You can tell his confused on why you’re apologizing through his stare.

“Sorry for what I’ve said to you this morning. I was just annoyed and-“
 

You sighed realizing that you’re already getting eaten up by your emotions.
 

“And?” He asked.

“Nevermind.” You mumbled and pouted.

 

He chuckled.
 

“I’m sorry too for fooling around. I swear, I’m really planning on giving your bag back.”
 

“Then why didn’t you just give it back in the first place.” You scoffed while crossing your arms.


 

He chuckled again before responding.
 

“Because I wanted to talk to you.”

 

Your brows knitted at his answer. You look at him displeased.


“I want to ask why you keep on running away when you see me.”

 

You could feel that he is sincere in telling you about this. And now you confirmed that he always caught you every time you tried to avoid him and his friends.

 

“Do I look like an alien or monster?” He asked and laughed at his own question.

 

You lightly chuckled at his silly question.

 

“Well,” You started. “I was too embarrassed about the incident here this morning. I even told myself not to bump into you for a week or so to be able to forget about it.”

 

“So that’s why you kept on running away?”

 

You nodded and laughed at your own confession. He chuckled too.

 


He got your bag and passed it to you. You gladly accepted it and thank him.

 

You hugged your bag as you look out of the window.

 

 

“Just a few more blocks and I’m home.” You unconsciously declared.


You can’t wait to jump into your soft mattress and sleep for the whole afternoon to regain your strength physically and mentally.

 

You then remembered you haven’t asked him what his name is. You shyly faced him, he looked back at you.

 

 

“What’s your name?”

 

He paused. His expression went blank.

 

You felt nervous, thinking if asking his name is offending for him.

 

You fake a smile and waved your hands in front of him.

“It’s okay! Just forget it.” You laugh awkwardly as you divert your attention outside.

 

You pushed the stop button beside you to inform the bus driver that you’re going out from the bus. The bus stopped in front of your house. You hanged your bag on your shoulders while having second thoughts on whether you’ll bid him farewell or not.

You conclude that it’s a bad idea to say goodbye to someone who doesn’t even want to introduce himself and to know you so you stood up, ready to get off.

 

You walk your way to the front, noticing that there are no more students inside the bus besides you and him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Taehyung.”

 

 

You quickly look back at him.

 

 

"Taehyung?" You repeated what he said.

 

 

 

 

He shot you his infamous smile and you can’t help not to smile back at him, getting the idea that it’s his name.

 

 

 



“Next time, don’t run away when you see me.”