Chapter 4

If I End Up With You

Chapter 4


 

 

“Answer all the problems on page 143 of your book. That will serve as your homework to be passed next meeting.”

 

Those were your calculus professor’s last instructions before dismissing your class.

 

You put down your pen and closed your book and notes.

You can feel your head slightly spinning because of the lesson a while ago. The new lesson wasn’t too hard or easy. It was average yet your mind isn’t prepared to store such information and calculations at this early hour so it resulted in a mild headache.

 

“Why is math so complicated?” You slowly rubbed your temples with your eyes closed.

 

You have a half hour vacant before your next subject. You fix your things inside your bag before leaving the room.

You made sure you didn’t forget to arrange and separate the notes you’ve written for yourself and Jungkook.

You felt drained after your first class so you need to recharge for the other next subjects. You decided to go to the cafeteria first to find something to eat after you remembered that you didn’t eat breakfast before going to school.

 

While walking, you received a text message. You were expecting that it was from you-know-who, but it wasn’t.

Your lips curved into a smile seeing from whom it was from.

 

 

____________________

From: Haneul

I’ll be back on Friday! Miss you!

____________________

 

 

It’s Haneul, your best friend.

 

You two are best buddies for almost 5 years now.  

You feel happy knowing that finally, she’s coming back after 2 weeks of vacation in London with her parents.

Thank heavens, you’re lonely days in class and vacant times are over.

 

After sending your reply to her, you kept your phone inside your skirt's pocket.

You entered the cafeteria and your stomach automatically grumbled when the soothing aroma of delicious food come in contact with your nose. Now you’re sure that you are really starving.

The noise coming from the student body who are eating inside the cafeteria didn’t bother you at all. You were used to this kind of setting here anyway.

 

Someone caught your attention when you unconsciously looked to your left.

Your forehead creased and your eyes darken seeing an unpleasant sight. You felt your stomach turning in anger and disgust.

 

You looked furious as you observe a guy with a girl seated at a table that is not so far away from you.

 

The guy is wearing his dark school pants and ed polo uniform, showing his white V-neck shirt inside. On the other hand, the girl is in her mini school skirt and a tight white blouse, showing off her big asset. Plus, she’s wearing heavy make-up making her look like a clown in your eyes.

 

“Jeon Jungkook.” You mumbled his name with a stern face. 

 

You watched how he gently put fries into that clown’s big mouth. They were so sweet and lovey-dovey feeding each other.

You mentally throw bombs at their spot. Seeing this kind of view makes you lose your appetite completely. 

 

You were thinking of just walking out and leaving those parasites alone when you suddenly remembered that jerk owes you a lot.

 

How could he do this, right?

 

A flashback of this morning's class played in your mind. You lied and fooled your teacher for him.

 

You’ve covered up and excused him in class to save his freaking from detention knowing that he’s still at home laying around or something at his house, but look what you’re seeing with your two eyes now.

 

He’s obviously flirting with a random girl… again.

 

Yes, this isn’t your first time witnessing this kind of act from him. You’ve seen worse, to be honest.

 

You can’t help it. 

It stings your eyes to see it too clearly.

 

You feel disappointed and hurt, knowing that he chose to have this useless flirting scheme first before his morning class. He might already forget what his father reminded him last time during dinner about prioritizing his studies.

 

You can rather accept the fact that he chose sleep over a class because you’d do it too in some instances, but the truth crashed you.

 

You felt used and betrayed.

 

You clenched your fist, still watching them enjoy each other’s company.

 

You walk your way toward their table. Your steps were heavy and your aura is screaming danger all over you.

 

The moment you reached their table, you abruptly pulled Jungkook up from his seat. He was in shock at first but when he saw that it was only you, his expression went back to normal.

He flashed a smile at you like nothing was wrong. You look away to glance at the clown across from him. You rolled your eyes at her before glaring back at Jungkook.

 

“Hey, it’s too early to be grumpy.” He told you when he sensed that you were in a bad mood.

 

You inhaled and exhaled for a couple of seconds to calm yourself. As much as possible, you don’t want to make a scene here in the cafeteria so you tried to lower your voice.

 

“I can’t believe you ditched class for this.” You said in a serious tone.

 

He raised a brow at you.

You scoffed. “Don’t play dumb now, Jeon.”

 

You warned him as you pointed a finger at him. “You know what I’m talking about.”

 

He chuckled getting your point.

 

He sighed before speaking. “Don’t tell Dad, okay?”

 

He patted your head lightly.

 

You scoffed in annoyance again as you shoved his hand away from your head. You were about to speak but the girl distracted you while she moved to stand beside Jungkook.

 

“Excuse me for interrupting, but who are you?” The girl suddenly asked you as she stood up beside Jungkook. She looks at you in a displeased manner, maybe because you've interrupted their cafeteria date.

 

You raised your brow at her. You straighten your lips into a thin line showing your strong pride.

You didn’t answer her. You wanted Jungkook to tell her who are you to him.

 

You waited for Jungkook's answer. He was ready to say something when the girl held Jungkook's arm. It didn't miss your sight.

 

“Clingy.” You grunted inside your head.

 

Your lips agape when an unexpected question was thrown in front of you.

 

“Is she your sister or what?” She asked again curiously.

 

Your jaw dropped hearing her offending question. Your eyes widen and look at both of them bewildered.

 

Jungkook burst out of laughter right after her question. He even gets the other student’s attention but it didn't stop him from laughing out loud. He’s holding onto his tummy while laughing.

 

You’re going to smack Jungkook to stop him from laughing but he caught your wrist before you were able to do it.

His laughter lay low into a husky chuckle. He faced the girl while still holding your wrist.

 

“Do I look related to her?” Jungkook asked her in a tone that sounded sarcastic in your ears.

 

You pulled your hand back from his grip and turned around. You closed your eyes for a moment before walking out expecting that Jungkook would follow you.

 

Jungkook knows you're sensitive so he was alarmed by your impulsive actions, but he didn't budge to move from his spot.

 

After a few steps, you can’t feel anyone following you from behind. You turned to look back at them and you saw Jungkook still standing there and talking to that clown.

 

It made you explode and shout out of madness.

 

“JEON JUNGKOOK!!!”

 

Everyone looked at you, you didn’t mind them though. All you care about is to scare the out of this jerk in front of you.

 

Jungkook immediately looks at you and you shot him a deadly glare.

If only looks could kill, he might be a rotten specie by now.

You mouthed. “Follow or else.”

You violently run your thumb across your neck showing a sign of death for him.

 

You faced the other direction and walked away.

You started to walk fast when you heard him shout, “Wait up!”

 

You are burning with mixed emotions while walking fast away from the cafeteria. You can’t accept the fact that your childhood friend used you for his own wants and to sum it up, he also humiliated you face-to-face with one of his pastimes.

 

You keep on walking and turning in every hallway. You don’t know and even care where you’re heading as long as it’s far away from there.

 

“Wait, Sunmi! Stop!” Jungkook called while tailing behind you.

 

You didn’t bother to look back at him. You keep your eyes on your way.

As you encounter another intersection in the hallways, you turned to your right.

 

All of a sudden you stop in your tracks. Your heartbeat went wild seeing familiar faces walking in your direction from a far.

 

“Oh no, please not now.” You prayed to yourself.

 

You can’t bump into the guy you met on the bus and his friends now. It will only make your situation worst.

 

You were stiffened at your spot and you can’t even feel your legs when you saw the bus guy looking at you.

You blinked several times to make sure your eyes aren’t lying and it was true. He’s looking straight at you.

 

You are mentally panicking. He might be familiarizing your face or something. Of course, you don’t want him to remember and realized that it is you.

 

You’re planning to run away from them when suddenly a hand held your shoulder. You look at your side and saw Jungkook panting while holding on to you for support. He’s catching his breath while glancing at you.

 

Jungkook was about to say something to you, but stop when you cut your gaze at him. You look back again to the group of boys who are coming near you.

 

You gulped. Nervousness is evident all over you.

 

Jungkook saw how tensed you are. He looked at you, confused.

 

“Let’s go!” You harshly pulled Jungkook’s collar and turned around with him. You run as fast as you can in the other direction while dragging Jungkook along with you.

 

“H-holy- Where the hell are we going?!” Jungkook asked you while trying to break loose.

You didn’t reply and continued to drag him until you reached the school’s field.

 

You were both panting hard when you released Jungkook’s collar. You sighed in relief when you were sure enough that you’d got away from those guys.

 

After 5 to 10 minutes of catching up on air and contemplation, Jungkook was the first one to speak up.

 

“What’s wrong with you, Sunmi? You’ve been running and dragging me along the corridors! Are you out of your mind?!” He asked frustrated and tired.

 

“You should ask yourself that question!” You retorted. “You skipped class just to flirt with a duck-faced clown!”

 

His brows knitted while listening to you.

 

“Aren’t you aware of your actions? You’re in school for Pete’s sake, Jungkook! You should be studying and attending class not hooking up with girls!” You reprimanded him with a hint of concern in your voice. You're starting to raise your voice at him. You let your emotions envelop your words.

 

“You should start being responsible! Can you even imagine what would be your parent’s reaction if they’ll know about this?!”

 

He sighed and lowered his head.

 

“They won’t know if we’ll keep this to ourselves.”

 

“No way! I won’t cover up for you anymore. This is enough, Jungkook.” You told him straight in the eyes as you crossed your arms. “You’re already using me for your own whims and caprices.”

 

He sighed deeply again and thought for a second.

 

“Fine, I’m sorry.” He fixed his uniform and hung his hands inside his pockets while looking at you.

 

You felt slightly lighter after he apologized. This is the Jungkook you know, a guy who knows to say sorry when needed and when he's at fault.

You now expected him to fully understand that you’re only concerned and all you wanted was the best for him like what his parents wanted too. He’s your childhood best friend after all so even if he’s like this now, you can’t set aside the fact that you really cared for him.

 

You’re about to smile when he suddenly blew air into his bangs.

 

“So are you done nagging?” He asked making you shocked.

 

“If yes, then I’ll be going back to the cafeteria.” He declared.

And with his last line, he pulled the last straw of your patience.

 

 

You put all your force to fake a smile on your face which he gladly smiled back in return.



You opened your bag and took out the notes you’d written for him. You closed your bag and put it back on your shoulders.

 

 

In a swift move, you threw the papers to him as hard as you can. Making him feel how disappointed you are.

 

 

"What the-"

His lips parted and his eyes pop open in shock while looking at the scattered papers on the ground.

 

 

 

“Enjoy studying calculus with your clown, jerk!”

 

 

You shouted at the top of your lungs before leaving him all alone on his spot.

 

 


 

 

Author's Note: 

Leave a comment, please.

Thank you!


- btsvbabylove