Chap 33

You are the one for me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s POV

Empty…

…that’s what I felt the moment I woke up the next day. Nothing was normal, everything was quiet! Usually, every Saturday morning would be too noisy, I would always get annoyed those days, but today was different, and I don’t like a bit of it.

The breakfast table was boring today. Kai was sleep eating again, Tiffany and Sehun was in grumpy mood as always, Sunny kept eating her breakfast like a hungry dog, not saying anything and Luhan oppa and Yuri was eating quietly like every polite people would while I was barely eating, and quietly looking for the missing person. Is he still sleeping? Didn’t anyone wake him up? I was making sure that no one notices me looking around for him, but of course, I was caught by Luhan oppa.

Luhan: “Are you looking for Baekhyun, sweetie?”

Jessica: -startled- “Huh?” –shakes her head- “N-no!”

Luhan: “You sure? Then why are not eating?”

Jessica: “I-its just that….everything seems so different today!”

Luhan: -nods agreeing- “I know right? Well, just like before, the absence of Baekhyun can make a huge difference huh?”

I was confused when he said that. What does he mean by ‘the absence of Baekhyun’? Is he not here? He went out or something? I thought he was grounded. Perhaps he is studying in his room?

Yuri: “Where is he anyway oppa?”

Luhan: “Oh! He said that he is gonna stay over at Chanyeol’s for the upcoming exam! He left this morning! Since I grounded him for a month, I thought that it’s a good opportunity for him to focus on studies in Chanyeol’s house; Mrs Park agreed to keep an eye on him and she will also give me his updates. An adult is better for keeping an eye on him than me right?”

Without realising, my spoon fell from my hand on my plate creating a loud noise; since the room was pin drop silent, even Kai got startled from his sleep. He is gone? I felt some of them were eyeing me warily, asking me if I was Ok. Was I?

Jessica: “I…I suddenly lost my apatite! Sorry!” –gets up-

Luhan: “Sweetie, you can’t just leave after not eating your breakfast!”

Yuri: “Yeah! It’s not healthy Sica!!”

Jessica: -sighs- “I’m just not feeling well!!”

I felt bad for making them worry for me, Luhan oppa was hesitating for a moment, but I know he will eventually let me go.

Luhan: -sighs- “Fine! Just don’t do this more often ok?”

I nod at him assuring and went upstairs to my room. Hoping, I’ll find something that will cheer me up.

 But I was wrong; I ended up lying flat on my bed and staring at my ceiling. I tossed and turned, but the emptiness was still there. I got up from my bed when I thought of what I should do; I should do my homework now, so that I don’t have to worry about it later.

But that didn’t work out well. I couldn’t concentrate on my studies. Something kept bothering me and it’s not leaving my mind. I would be lying if I say that the whole Baekhyun leaving is not bothering me, its actually bothering me big time. The excuse he gave to Luhan oppa was a pure bull; he was never that serious about his exam! Ok I know that the exam is important, since after that he will be graduating. But to the extent: in living at someone else house? Totally bull! His last words to me last night was still fresh in my mind.

“You know what? I’ll make it easier for you!!”

 “What I’m gonna do next; will help you get your answer!!”

 “You are gonna find out in the morning!”

So, he meant, his absence will make it easier for me to get my answer?

I stoped thinking about everything and closed all my books shut. I can’t do homework right now! I need distraction!!!

So I decided to go downstairs and see what the rest were up to. I heard noises from the living room and I knew that Kai and Sehun were playing video games again. So I decided to join them and see what is so interesting about video games. It’s good for distraction right?

Turns out I was wrong, I kept zoning out the moment I sat beside Sehun. I don’t know why but suddenly all of my memories with Baekhyun start to appear in my mind.

Before oppa left to Busan, there weren’t that many memories with him compare to after oppa left to Busan, before we only fought or bicker here and there, nothing decent happened like we had these two weeks.

Sure I was really sad after Luhan oppa left, but I realised I was somehow distracted. And the person who distracted me was Baekhyun. I wasn’t like this when Luhan left, in fact I realised Baekhyun made sure that I don’t even get upset. He kept annoying me so that I only give attention to him. Its not that I didn’t remember about Luhan oppa, I did time to time, like while sleeping. But other than that, my attention was always on Baekhyun.

But now, there wasn’t anyone to distract me anymore. I’d be lying if I say I’m not expecting that Luhan oppa would at least try to distract me, but he can’t, because he is studying right now and I understand that. University life isn’t that easy, so I shouldn’t expect anything from him.

 Now I’m feeling more terrible than when Luhan oppa left. This time it’s different. It’s because of me he left. I knew Luhan oppa will be back after a week that time, but I don’t even know when Baekhyun will come back.

Suddenly I started to blame myself for this. This is my entire fault. If this wasn’t because of me, then he would be here and annoy the hell of me. He would have poke his feet on mine in the breakfast table, he would have put a prank on me by now and of course, make me smile while doing something that embarrass himself.

But me, being an egoistic just had to-

“AACKHH!!”

“YAY!! I WON!!”

Whoa, I didn’t even realise I was pulling on Sehun’s hair while mentally scolding myself. Kai got up and cheered for himself after he defeated Sehun, while the latter was glaring up at me from my lap.

But, wait a minuite, why is…

Jessica: “Uh…Why is your head on my lap??”

Sehun: -massaging his head frowning- “My head was paining and so I put it on your lap to be comfortable, but you are so violent that…” –sobs-

Jessica: -feels bad- “I’m so sorry Sehunnie!!” –massages his head- “I think you should stop playing video games and drink some coffee and rest instead!!”

Sehun: “I’m banned from drinking bubble tea remember?”

Jessica: -rolls here eyes- “I said coffee, not bubble tea!!”

Sehun: -scoffs- “I don’t drink any drink without bubbles in it!!”

Kai: “Except for water!!”

Sehun: “Whatever! Keep massaging my head Sooyeon!! It’s helping!!” –moves his head on her lap for a comfortable position-

Jessica: -looks at Kai- “Why is he suddenly PMSing?”

Kai: “He doesn’t remember the name of the girl he met yesterday!”

Jessica: -shakes her head- “Of course!”

It was silent for some moment; I was massaging Sehun’s head while staring at distance and Kai was texting on his phone, maybe texting the girl he met yesterday. It became so silent, the sound of video game was long gone, and I didn’t like the atmosphere at all.

Jessica: “H-hey Kai?”

Kai: -looks up- “Hmm?”

Jessica: -fake smiles- “You must be texting the girl from yesterday huh? Is it going well?”

Kai: -smirks- “Get to the point Sica!! I’m pretty much sure you wanna ask me something more important to you!!”

Jessica: “Pft!! What are you talking about? We are close friends; shouldn’t we know what’s going on with both of our lives?”

Kai: “Yeah, like how I know that you are practically dying to know that when Baekhyun hyung is gonna come back?

Jessica: -eyes widens-

Kai: -smirks- “I hit the jackpot didn’t I?”

 Jessica: -looks away annoyed- “I’m not practically dying ok??”

Kai: -still smirking-

Jessica: “I’m just curious!!”

Kai: “Whoa chincha?? I must text Baekhyun hyung about your curiosity!” –takes out his phone again-

Jessica: -quickly snatches it in panic- “Are you crazy?? What so interesting about my curiosity of him?”

Sehun: -eyes closed- “Way too interesting!!”

Jessica: -scoffs-

Kai: -nods agreeing-

Jessica: “Kai! Just tell me before I humiliate you to your new girl!!” –waves his phone to him-

Kai: -hands up in defence- “Ok fine woman!! Chillax will ya?”

Jessica: “I don’t have patience for that, just tell me!!”

Sehun: -grumbles- “Women are so crazy!!”

Jessica: -pulls his hair- “Say that again?”

Sehun: “OWH!!” –grabs his head in pain- “JUST TELL HER KAI!!” –kicking him-

Kai: -grabs his legs to stop- “Ok ok!! Uhm…” –thinks- “I’m not sure about that. He just said for a while and didn’t exactly specify the exact date of him coming back home.”

Jessica: -sighs sadly-

Kai: “But I think he will come back after the exam!!”

Jessica: -eyes widens- “What? After the exam? But the exam is still few months away!!”

Kai: “I said “I think”! Not sure!!” –mumbles- “It depends on you though!!”

Jessica: …….”W-what do you mean?”

Sehun: “He isn’t coming back after you get your right answer!”

Jessica: -shocked- “What did you-“

Kai: “Yeah, we know everything!” –pats her back- “Good luck Sica!”

He gets up and goes to his room without saying anything more. While I just stare off to distance again while massaging Sehun’s head.

Seriously, Baekhyun didn’t have to go this far! Why does everything have to be so complicated?

 

Soon it was Monday, which means its school day. The weekend passed by in blur, it turns out that I spent the weekend by lying on my bed and stare off to distance again. The girls forced me to go out with them yesterday, but I ended up not talking the entire girls’ day out.

I’m pretty sure they somehow know what is up with me. So they didn’t pressure me to talk, only let me refresh my mind while walking around here and there. Until Sunny broke the tension off, in the café.

Sunny: -sighs- “What is up with the ice princess attitude?”

Jessica: -frowns- “What do you mean? I’ve always been like this.”

Tiffany: “Not these past few days! You were totally different!”

Yuri: “And we liked that different!!”

I didn’t say anything after that, just poking my desert. Was I really different these past few days? I didn’t even notice that! Now that I think about it, yeah, I was totally different. I laughed a lot, cried few times, let my guard down here and there and it’s only because of one person.

Sunny: “Is it because of Luhan oppa?”

Yuri: -frowns- “What about Luhan oppa?”

Sunny: -looks at her- “Well, we kind of think that Luhan oppa is lying about his relationship with Seohyun unnie!”

Tiffany: -face palms- “That’s bull Sunny! Why would you think that?”

Sunny: “Because, when we played the lie detector, Yuri, Sica and Luhan oppa lied remember?”

Tiffany: “So?”

Sunny: “Yuri lied that she doesn’t have feelings for anyone! And look who she is dating now!”

Yuri blushed at this, right, how can I forget about this? She is dating Chanyeol oppa now! I know I should be happy for them and I am happy for them since Chanyeol oppa have been crazy about her, but at the same time I was jealous. Jealous that, it was so easy for her to figure out her feelings for him, while me? I don’t even know what I’m feeling!”

Yuri: “Hey! Leave me out of this ok?”

Sunny: “Anyway, even Jessica lied about her first kiss! Don’t you think Luhan oppa lied too?”

They kept talking about this while I kept my mouth shut the entire time in the cafe. Sunny was wrong, It’s not Luhan oppa, it’s ‘him’. Besides, it’s ridiculous that Luhan oppa is lying about his relationship. Sunny sometimes uses her brain too much.

 

Mr Choi: “Homework, Miss Jung?”

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at Mr Choi. His hand was reached out to me, waiting for getting my home work copy. I gulped when I realised that I didn’t do my homework. Now what am I gonna do?

Mr Choi: “No homework?”

I shook my head only to get a really surprised face from him for a moment then it switched back to a disappointed frown.

Mr Choi: “Was the weekend too short for you Miss Jung?”

His voice was firm and angry. I didn’t say anything because I was thinking about what I have become now. I didn’t even do my homework when I got a lot of time! I regret lying around this weekend.

Jessica: “I’m sorry, it won’t happen again!”

He sighs tiredly, I can feel Taehyung looking at my way in concern, and I hate concerning people!

Mr Choi: “This is the second time you didn’t do your homework! So I got no choice but to give you detention!”

The whole class, including me, gasped loudly while looking up at him in shock.

Mr Choi: “I know right? Its so shocking that she is having detention again!”

Taehyung: “That is not why we are shocked Mr Choi!”

Mr Choi: -frowns- “Then why?”

Kai: “You…” –speechless- “You didn’t dibidibidissed!!”

Sunny: -blinks- “Are you really Mr Choi? Or are you an imposter?”

Mr Choi: -scoffs- “You kids thought I was weird huh? Well guess what? I’m not! It was a bet that I lost in high school and got dared to talk like this for next five years! And the bet is over, understood?”

We all nodded at him, still speechless. It’s good to know that our math teacher is actually normal.

Mr Choi: “Homework Kim Taehyung?”

Taehyung: -laughs nervously- “Hahaha uhm…” –scratches his neck- “Sorry?”

Mr Choi: -sighs annoyed- “What were you doing all weekend?”

Kai: “Dating Eunji!!”

Kai and Sehun howled like wolves and high fived each other. Taehyung was flustered by them, so he turned around and starts to yell at them.

Taehyung: “We weren’t dating ok?? We just suddenly met!!”

Kai: -teasing- “So you guys met again??”

Sehun: “And you say coincidently? I think not! It’s the second time you two “accidently” met.” –looks at Eunji- “It was a date, wasn’t it?” -smirks-  

Eunji: -blushes- “Stop talking nonsense!!” –looks away-

The two hooligans howled again while laughing crazily. Taehyung couldn’t help his time and grabbed them by their collar. But Mr Choi immediately stopped him.

Mr Choi: “Kai, Sehun and Taehyung! Detention!!”

Sehun: -shocked- “What?? But I did my homework!!! I ditched my life and did this !!”

Kai: “That is not fair!!”

Mr Choi: “Detention for creating the ruckus you fools!!”

The three of them sighed in defeat. Great! Now I have detention with them!!

 

Luhan oppa was quiet angry with the three of us when he heard that we got detention. I can tell he was shocked that I also got detention too. I couldn’t make any eye contact with him the entire ride, even though I felt he kept looking at me hoping I would look at him too.

All I thought of was, I didn’t see Baekhyun today, nor Chanyeol oppa. Yuri said the both of them came today, but why didn’t I see him? Is he trying to test my patience now? By ignoring me?

Luhan: “I’m quite shocked that you got detention.”

I was silent for a moment. We were in the living room alone now, Kai and Sehun left without me knowing, after getting scolded by Luhan oppa. He was waiting for my answer, but nothing came out of my mouth. I was making him losing his patience. Why am I doing this? I was never like this before!

Luhan: “I see you have changed a lot sweetie!”

Jessica: -quietly- “I’m sorry!”

Luhan: -sigh- “I know you are!”

He got up and sat beside me, grabbing my hand in his. I look up at him with questioning eyes, while he stares back at me. Normally I would feel butterflies in my stomach or may be blush like there is no tomorrow. But I don’t feel anything like that.

Luhan: “Are you sad, that I’m not having time for you?”

I was speechless; I don’t even know how to answer that. Why is everyone making wrong assumptions? It’s definitely not about Luhan oppa!! I’m just…..I don’t know what is wrong with me!!”

Luhan: “I’m really sorry for not giving you any attention like before sweetie!”

Jessica: “N-no oppa! It’s not like that!”

Luhan: “Then?”

Jessica: -sigh- “I don’t know I just….feel so depressed!!”

Luhan: “Really? Why? Is there something upsetting you?”

Jessica: “I don’t know oppa! Don’t worry its not that serious!!”

Luhan: “Hmm…..before you used to tell me what’s wrong and now you don’t even share anything with me!”

Jessica: -smiles- “Don’t worry oppa!! Everything is fine!” –gets up- “I just need some quality time with myself that is all!”

After that, I bid him goodbye and went straight up to my room. Thinking that; things will get better, if I go through it patiently.

 

Turns out that; nothing can stop Luhan oppa to take me out and spend time with me. He suddenly came to my room asking me if I was free this weekend. I was kind of curious why he was asking me that. Only to find out he was planning to take me out like he used to before.

To be honest, its not that I don’t want to go out with him, I’d love to, but I don’t want to bother him. Its funny how I used to bother everyone before, but now it doesn’t feel right to bother anyone.

The whole week I was curious that where is he gonna take me. Different places came to my mind, places I’ve never been before. Like when Baekhyun took me to Ice skating. I know I’m expecting too much, but I can’t help it, I just want to go somewhere different where I won’t think about him.

I don’t want to go to the Han River, because the last time I went there, he was with me. Namsan tower is a big no no, because it’ll remind me the scene he created last time. Everywhere I went, he was there. That is why I want to go somewhere that doesn’t have any sign of him.

But, nothing went in my way after all. I was disappointed when Luhan oppa took me to the mall. Why mall of all places? Does he think of me as a shop-a-holic? I’m not denying that I’m not one but, doesn’t he have any other place in mind? Somewhere exciting like…a zoo or something?

Luhan: “Oh look, that shop has the stuff you like right? Let’s go there!”

I looked at where he pointed and I recognised the shop immediately. It was the shop where Baekhyun and I were hiding when we ditched Chanyeol oppa and Yuri. I stopped walking making oppa look at me worriedly.

Luhan: “You ok?”

Jessica: -nods- “Yeah I just….uhm…d-didn’t want to go there!”

Luhan: “why not?”

Jessica: “I just don’t want to buy anything from there.”

Luhan: “But I actually saw an outfit there and I immediately booked it for you! The outfit is gorgeous and when I saw it, I pictured you in it!”

Wait, what?

 Did he just? 

Why would he picture me in that outfit? Shouldn’t he picture Seohyun unnie instead?

Suddenly I started to feel heat rising from my neck to cheeks…..and I don’t even know why!

We got inside the shop and my eyes quickly darted to the sofa, where Baekhyun sat there waiting for me to come out of the changing room last time. I remember how moody he was being that time; he doesn’t like boring places like this mall. He was totally opposite of me, yet we still feel some sort of connection towards each other. I don’t know about him but I do feel some connection.

Luhan: “Here, what do you think about this dress?”

It was a beautiful red velvet strapless mini dress. Just by looking at it, I immediately fell in love with it. Luhan oppa knew what kind of dresses I love, and his choice was perfect.

Just by looking at my face, he knew I loved it, so he told me to try it on in the changing room.

I sighed in defeat; I even have to go to that changing room, where he saw me half ?

Memories flashed behind my eyes when I got inside the changing room. The way he burst inside in panic, giving me a heart attack. The way clasped my mouth from screaming, so that no one hears me.

It may be looked like we had a short staring contest, but I still remember that moment. We stared at each other with big eyes, my world stopped that time, and I was both embarrassed and flustered at the same time. That bustard didn’t even apologise.

I snapped out of my thought when I felt something warm under my eyes. I looked at the mirror and saw I was actually crying. I can’t believe I was crying! I quickly wiped my tears and start to change.

After I was done changing I came out of the changing room, I suddenly started to have a flashback…

Jessica: “What do you think about this outfit??”

Baekhyun: *sighs loudly annoyed* “Does it matter?? It’s just an outfit anyway!!”

Jessica: -exclaims- “It does matter!! And it’s just not just an outfit; it is designed by my favourite designer, Kim Kibum!!”

Baekhyun: “Kim Ki Who??” –confuse-

Jessica: -glares at him- “Just tell me how do I look???”

Baekhyun:- *boredly* “Lame!!”

Jessica: *sighs* “Ok! Imagine this!! You and your girlfriend are on a date, if she wears this outfit on the date, what would you say to her??”

Baekhyun: “Are you seriously asking me this??”

Jessica: “Please!! Just tell me!!” –gives him a puppy look-

Baekhyun: -sighs in defeat- “Fine!!” –starts to imagine the scenario- “Hmm…” –smiles- “Wow!!! You look pretty!!”

Jessica: -gets happy- “Really??”

Baekhyun: -snaps out- “Huh?”

Jessica: “You said I look pretty in this outfit!!”

Baekhyun: -shakes his head- “No I didn’t!! I was complementing my imaginary girlfriend!!”

Jessica: -scoffs at him- “doesn’t matter!! You are buying this for me!!”

Baekhyun: -eyes widens- “WHAT??”

 Luhan: “You look Beautiful sweetie!!”

I snapped out of my trance, when I heard oppa’s voice. I looked down at myself and indeed, I look great in this. It held me a little tightly on my wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter