Jimin #2 [500 words]

Ace Of Kindergarten

Jimin was quite excited that day - today she was in charge of taking care of the class' pet. During recess time, teacher Choa and her would change Elvis' water and put more food for him. Everybody in the class loved their Elvis because it was a really cute and playful hamster. The kids could hold him with their bare hands and he wouldn't bite them. It was really nice and soft - which was one of the reasons Seolhyun was eager as well to be in charge of taking care of him.

Jimin leaned forward in front of the animal's cage, looking at how the small animal used the wheel. She opened in awe when the hamster stopped and looked back at Jimin. 

"It must be that Elvis likes that Jimin-ah is taking care of him today" Choa commented. Jimin was startled by the sound of her teacher's voice since she hadn't heard her coming. 

"Do you think he likes me?" She asked, both worried and curious. The teacher found it amusing. She smiled gently at the girl and patted her back.

"Of course he does! He loves all of you" Choa nodded her head. "He always gets happy when all of you arrive in the morning."

"Does he remember me from last time?"

Choa leaned forward as well to take a better look at Elvis. The animal was still on two paws, looking at Jimin while holding her small paws next to his face.

"I think so. He does seem to be happy to see you, don't you think?"

Jimin nodded with happiness, which made Choa's heart feel warm because she had managed to handle the situation. She always felt happier when she made her students feel good. 

"Let's change his water first, okay?" Choa pointed out, taking out the small bottle and handing it to Jimin. The little girl nodded eagerly and she jumped down the step to run to the nearest shrink. Choa ran after her. "There's no need to run, Jimin!" 

"But Elvis must be thirsty!" Jimin pouted as she stopped and looked back at her teacher. 

"He will wait for you."

Jimin was unsure, but she obeyed her teacher and she walked at a fast pace. Choa chuckled at how cute the little girl was. Once she arrived at the shrink near the director's garden, she surprised her teacher when she cleaned the bottle first before filling it with new, fresh water.

"Well done, Jimin!" Choa asked for a high five, but the girl was holding the bottle with both her hands so she couldn't. 

"Later! Elvis wants his water!"

Choa nodded in agreement and they walked back to the classroom. They put more food for him. Choa had previously cleaned his little poops, so there wasn't much for Jimin to do besides playing with him a little bit before going back to the playground.

"Will he remember me next time?" Jimin asked as they were leaving.

Chona nodded.

"Of course, Jimin."