Hyejeong #2 [500 words]

Ace Of Kindergarten

Hyejeong loves to stare. It's something that made her parents worried sometimes, thinking her kid wouldn't be able to socialize with the other kids in kindergarten. Choa always reassured them saying that Hyejeong got along with all the kids of her class, specially with the ones she usually sat with in the class and the ones she played with in recess time.

That day she was really interested in staring at Seolhyun because she liked the shape of her cheekbones. The little girl didn't notice because she was playing with Yunaria in that moment. Mina and Chanmi on the other hand were commenting on that.

"What is she thinking about?" Chanmi asked the oldest. 

"Maybe she wants to play with them?"

"Or maybe she wants to hurt her?" 

The two of them freeze as a third voice joined them and they turned around to find Jimin. 

"No! Dongdong is just quiet. She is no harm to anyone!" Mina defended, Chanmi nodding at each of the words her friend said. 

"I don't know. There was this quiet kid in my neighbourhood and one day he fought with another kid."

"You fight with Youkyung all the time" Chanmi pointed out.

"Yah! It's not my fault that she has to be that loud with her drumsticks" Jimin pouted and crossed her arms. 

Choa noticed the way Hyejeong stared at Seolhyun and smiled as she walked up to her, Youkyung following the teacher closely. When she saw that she was going to Hyejeong, she decided to leave the two alone and go with Jimin and the others.

"Hey honey" Choa greeted her as she sat next to her. Hyejeong didn't say it, but she liked the nicknames Choa teacher used. She felt like she was home with her mother whenever she said it. "What are you thinking about?"

"Cheeks" Hyejeong simply answered. She would have felt embarrased if it were someone else the one who asked, but being her teacher Choa, she could answer whatever was in her mind.

"I see. Seolhyun has beautiful cheeks, doesn't she?" Hyejeong nodded her head in answer, keeping her stare on the youngest. "You do have beautiful cheeks too, sweetcheeks!" She poked softly the girl's cheeks, making her smile sheepishly. "Do you want to play with the others?"

"Maybe later."

"Recess time is almost over and you won't be the sleepy for nap time. Play with me?" She pouted slightly, though the girl was still staring at Seolhyun. No answer came. 

"Choa teacher!" Mina exclaimed as the four girls ran up to them. Hyejeong stopped staring. "Jimin is teasing Youkyung again."

"Jimin!" Choa exclaimed, placing her hands on her hips. "You know how important the drumsticks are for Youkyung. Give them back to her!"

Jimin pouted and gave the drumsticks back to her owner, who smiled happily.

"So, do you want to play Hyejeong?" Choa asked again. 

Hyejeong looked at them and nodded her head. Choa giggled with joy and raised her fist on the air.

"Let's go!"