When you take a bullet for him

Taehyung One Shots

 

 

You laughed when he pulled a crazy face at you and squealed when he wrapped his strong arms around you from behind, pulling you against his chest for a firm hug. Together you penguin walked towards the nearest bench and you were grateful there weren’t any other people out here tonight. It was date night and this time Taehyung had decided to take you out for an romantic evening walk through the park. Though the two of you didn’t seem very much into walking right now as you both sunk down on the wooden bench beside each other. You were still laughing with another as you looked around in the empty park. The feeling that crept over you made you stop laughing and your eyes slipped around your environment once again. You felt Taehyung’s careful eyes on you as You checked every little bush and tree. “What’s wrong?” He asked silently and held your hand in his own, lacing your fingers together tightly. 

 

 

With a frown on your forehead you shook your head, trying to ignore the weird feeling that was traveling through you. “Nothing, it’s just…” You stopped talked and looked over your shoulder, staring at the trunk of the big tree standing there innocently. Taehyun laughed at your crazy behavior, placed his hand on your right cheek and turned your head back to him. Once your eyes locked there was no way you could still look away, not even if you would’ve wanted to. You couldn’t keep your eyes off his face, his cute, plump lips, his adorable nose and his twinkling eyes. He could make you forget all your worries like this, just by looking at you. But even though this seemed like a good distraction you still couldn’t get rid of that feeling, that feeling as if there were eyes drilling through the back of your head as of someone was continually staring at you shamelessly. 

 

 

But you knew that if you’d tell Taehyung that he’d tell you that you were going crazy. So you pushed the feeling away and smiled up at your cute boyfriend who had did a lot of effort to give you this great evening with him. When he saw your smile he seemed to believe you and pulled you in for a hug. Sometimes he could be so intense and intimate, not that you minded about that. You pushed your face against the crook of his neck and inhaled his sense, he smelled so sweet. He on the other hand pressed his nose into your hair, enjoying the smell of the shampoo you had used this morning. It was such a peaceful moment and there weren’t a lot of those in your life so you told yourself to enjoy it as long as it lasted. You didn’t know a lot about Taehyung’s gang, not because you weren’t interested in his life but because you and him were both convinced it was the best for you if you knew as less about it as possible. 

 

 

The only thing you did know was that you didn’t like it that he was part of a gang and that it was dangerous. You knew some is his friends, but never really got close to them, not wanted to get yourself in there. Taehyung understood that you didn’t want to be a part of all of this and never pushed you to ask him anything. You were glad you were on the same level about this, because you had no idea if you’d be able to be with him otherwise. Even though you loved him so much, you didn’t want to live in fear all of the time. A lot of people thought it was cool if their boyfriend was part of a gang but you only worried about your boyfriend’s wellbeing and rather wanted him to quit. You had asked him before if that was an option, but he had almost ignored the question completely. But how could you ask him to stop doing something that he enjoyed? You couldn’t ask that from him, you loved him too much for that. 

 

 

“We can still watch a movie when we get home.” He suggested and looked at you for approval. You smiled at him and nodded, knowing that he’d barely watch the movie and would just want to cuddle with you as always. He used the movie as an excuse so he could sit beside you on the couch and could pull you onto his lap and hug the life out of you, he always did that. “We can do that.” You said and he smiled brightly at you. Your eyes captured a sudden movement and you looked over his shoulder, seeing a man walking over to you. Taehyun had his back facing the man as he started to talk about which movie you should pick out tonight. Though you tried to keep your eyes on your talking boyfriend who wanted your attention right now your eyes couldn’t help but shift back towards him. He was wearing a long black coat and had his collar pulled over his ears so he could hide his face. Aside from that he was also wearing a heat which made it impossible for you to see his eyes and he was looking down to the floor. 

 

 

He gave you the creeps, there was something about this guy that made you stare at him, as if you expected something to happen every second. You looked at his hands which were stuck in his pockets and watched him getting closer to you. Though, on a safe distance he stopped and finally lifted up his head. His eyes linked with yours and they seemed to apologize for something that hadn’t happened yet. That’s when you felt it, your heart that began to drum inside of your chest and your breath that got caught inside of your throat. Taehyung sent you a worried look and tried to gain your attention once again. He was about to turn his head and look around when the man pulled out a gun out of one of his pockets and pointed it on your boyfriend’s back who had no idea what was about to happen. You gasped for air and your eyes turned big as your body reacted on its own. 

 

 

“NO!” You screamed and threw yourself on top of Taehyun who seemed so surprised he could do anything to stop you. Together you fell off the bench and while you fell a loud bang resounded through your ears. He had fired a shot but before you could look up again to see his reaction to your action he had already run off into the nature of the park again. Taehyung lay under you, frozen  and trying to process what had just happened. He let out a loud gasp as he looked up at you with big eyes and clung onto you, pressing you close against his body. “__________-ah…” He muttered, but you shook your head and laid your hand on top of his mouth, silencing him. “It’s fine, you didn’t see him. I just reacted out of pure instinct.” You said and realized that was true, it had almost been like your mother instinct, desperate to protect the people you loved. The most important thing right now was that you were both safe. He had shot but he hadn’t hit, right?

 

 

Noticing you were still lying on the ground you began to move, wanting him to be able to stand up as well. But as soon as you moved an inch you cringed and a groan of serious pain left your lips as you squeezed your eyes together. The adrenalin that had been rushing through your veins made place for another feeling, pure hurt. Taehyung’s eyes widened at the sight of your face and he crawled from beneath you and helped you sit up. “What’s wrong?” He asked as you breathed heavily and reached out for your shoulder, feeling the pain travel through your whole body, but there it was the worst. With fear in his eyes he moved your hand away and saw the blood on your shirt. His breath escaped from between his lips as he stared at you in shock. “__________, you’re hit.” He said with a panicked voice and pressed his hand down on your wound. You let out a loud growl looked up at him with tears in your eyes. Never before had you experienced this kind of torture.

 

 

Your hand trembled when you brought it up so you could look at it. When you saw the blood on your fingers it seemed as if the world disappeared from under your feet and your head felt very light. Somewhere far away in the distance you heard Taehyung talking to someone, but last time you and checked you had been alone with the two of you. Had the man returned, was he trying to kill Taehyung this time? You whined something under your breath, knowing you couldn’t help him anymore this time. But you stopped when you felt a calming hand on your cheek and saw a pair of eyes stare into yours deeply. “The ambulance is on its way, please hold on baby.” You could see the tears in his eyes, the concern, the guilt. Another girlfriend might become angry because of this, but the only thing you could so was smile at him. The pain was unbearable, but it would be nothing compared to the pain you would have felt if you had seen that man shoot your boyfriend. You were happy it wasn’t him, that it was you lying on the ground in his arms and not the other way around. 

 

 

Your sight began to get blurry but you could still see the fear on his face as he held you. Your shoulder felt warm and sticky, it was such a horrible feeling. As you looked in Taehyung’s eyes it seemed as if you could drift away, into a place where there was no pain. All the memories came back and you saw all the things you and him had already been through since you had been together. It was as if a movie was playing in front of your eyes. There was the first time you had met, when he had run into you in a coffee shop and had spilled his whole drink over you. He had stood to pay you a drink to make up for his stupid action and ruining your shirt. Meeting him, he had seemed so cute and clumsy, so you had accepted. He had asked for your number that night and had texted you a ‘get home safely’ and a ‘goodnight’. That was how it had all started, it was a moment you’d never forget. You hadn’t expected to find a boyfriend that evening, but that night things had started to bloom. 

 

 

For your first date he had taken you to an amusement park, something typical for a hyper person as Taehyung. He had dragged you into every roller coaster and had even won a stuffed animal for you. He had insisted to hold your hand on the rides if you had been scared and would give you an excited hug if you gave in to go on a ride you actually wanted to skip. That had been a wonderful day and you had felt the spark between him and you. You were sure he had felt them as well because after that night his text had become more frequent and there had been a habit of adding hearts and kisses at the end of texts. Soon he had asked you out again and five dates later he had surprised you with a beautiful picnic on the beach. While eating the food he had brought and drinking some wine the two of you had shared some important secrets with each other, finally opening up against each other. That night you had felt fragile and exposed because you had told him such things about yourself, things you normally didn’t tell anyone. 

 

 

That night you had had your first kiss, under the moonlight with your jacket swung around your shoulders which he had given to you as soon as he had seen you shiver. You still remembered how amazing his lips had tasted that night, how all the butterflies had exploded inside of your stomach as soon as his lips had brushed against your own. That moment you had been sure that you and Taehyung had something special, that these feelings weren’t just feelings. Two weeks later he had asked you if he could come over and when you had opened the door he had been standing there with a flower in his hand and a shy smile on his face. You still remembered the words as if he was telling them to you right now. “I don’t know about you but I really like you. I feel so alive when I’m with you and I want to feel like that every second of the day. You’re sweet, smart, cute, pretty and I get really nervous when I’m around you. I just… Do you wanted to be my girlfriend?” 

 

 

And so you and Taehyung had become official that night and you had celebrated it was a movie, cuddling and a few more kisses. You could see other things as well, like your first fight, when he had asked you to move in together, when he had given you a promise ring, when he had introduced you to his parents and how nervous he had been to meet yours. There were so many things you’d never forget and you would cherish forever. “Baby, you have to stay with me okay! You can’t give up!” His words were resound through your mind. That was when you noticed your eyes were closed, you must have done that too see your memories clearer. When you wanted to open them again it seemed as if that asked more energy of you than you could bring up, but you still end up looking at him. There were tears on his face and you felt so bad for making him cry. “I love you, please don’t leave me…” His voice was so soft, so weak. You could see those words were coming deep from inside of him and they made your heart flutter before everything went blank again. 

 

 

The next time you woke up you felt as if your head was made of steal and your whole body felt heavy. The good thing though was that the pain in your shoulder was gone and for a second you were sure all of this had been a dream. As you gained awareness there were things you noticed, things you that shouldn’t be there in your bedroom. The smell in the room was odd and was rather unpleasant. There were small beeps penetrating your ears and you were sure there was nothing inside of your room that could possibly make that kind of sound. “They just didn’t understand you know. But I’m really sure I did the right thing, I made the right decision. This will never happen again, I can’t ever let it get close again to a situation like this. Just the thought that I almost lost you, I can’t handle that…” The voice went on and on, it was the only thing that felt right about this place, the only thing that fitted in. Wanting to see the owner of the voice and wondering what he was talking about your eyes fluttered open before squeezing together against the strong lightening. 

 

 

“I mean, they just don’t understand. They’ve never been in that kind of situation before. They have no idea how hard it was and how unbelievably guilty I felt. If anything should ever happen with you because of what I do then I’d kill myself…” Taehyung just went on and on while staring ahead of himself and into space. He was holding your hand, your fingers laced with his and was brushing your hand against his lips. He didn’t seem to have a clue that you were awake and you could hear everything he was saying. “You shouldn’t kill yourself Kim Taehyung.” You mumbled, your voice hoarse as you spoke and he jumped a little before looking down on you in shock. He blinked his eyes at you a few times, holding your hand tightly in his. You could see how his eyes filled themselves with fresh tears as he looked at you and you wondered if you were looking that bad. “Oh baby…” He brought out and literally threw himself onto you, pressing his head against your chest, making sure to avoid your painful shoulder. 

 

 

He wasn’t the guy to cry, he was someone who felt but the emotions never seemed to reach his eyes. You knew that it Taehyung cried that something had broken him and that he just had to let it all out. The arms that wasn’t wounded you wrapped around him and you combed through his hair gently. “It’s okay, I’m fine now.” You said softly and he whined something against you, his words being muffled by your blanket. You held him until you were sure he had calmed down and then he pulled back and looked at you, taking your face in. He brushed a strand of hair out of your face before smiling at you and leaning in. When his lips pressed on yours it felt as if you were reliving that first moment again underneath the moonlight. His lips were still so soft and gentle, as if he was afraid to break you if he’d be too rough. Then he laid his forehead against yours and stared into your eyes while caressing your cheek. “I quit, I stepped out of the gang.” He whispered softly, not loosening his eyes from yours to see your reaction. 

 

 

Honestly you were so happy to hear that, after what had happened you wanted him to stop even more. The fact that someone had tried to kill him terrified you. If you hadn’t been there yesterday he could’ve been dead today. But still you pouted at him and gave him a sad look. “But you loved the gang.” You said, knowing how he hadn’t wanted to give it up the first time you had asked it. They were his friends and he loved the whole thing around it. Taehyung nodded slightly before his eyes started twinkling and he gave you a cheesy look. “I do, but I love you more.” He said and you felt your cheeks getting pink. Him telling you these kind of things still made you feel so special, it made you shy. “I almost lost you yesterday, because you had to protect me from getting killed. I’ll never let that happen again, ever. From now on, I’ll protect you.” He said and hugged you close to him. He felt your hot cheeks, your breath and smelled the sweet smell of your shampoo. He had almost lost you, but you were still here. He wouldn’t waste this chance, from now on he’d protect you with his own life.

 

 


Requested by southqoreans