When you give birth

Taehyung One Shots

 

 

You had been at the boys practice when you had felt your first contraction take you over. It was a painful feeling and you could just feel your belly muscles squeeze together. You sat up on the couch and looked at the boys with big eyes, not really knowing how to react to this, though it had happened before. You had known that you had to give birth soon, you were already 41 weeks pregnant which meant you were one week overtime. You were a little bit scared because they said the longer the baby stays in the harder it is to give birth and the more painful it would be, because the baby would be bigger and heavier. Your eyes slipped towards Taehyung who was still practicing his dance moves and you looked at him through the mirror. He seemed concentrated, not aware of what was going on to you though normally he didn’t loose you out of his sight. 

 

 

Taehyung and you had been together for six years now and even though you two hadn’t thought about marriage yet, you had both had the big wish to have kids. Though, when you had found out that you were pregnant it hadn’t really been planned. You had both been surprised by it but eventually you had both been really happy and the longer it took the more exciting you got. Especially your boyfriend, who couldn’t stop talking about the baby and who would constantly be bragging about it to others. He was so happy he was becoming a dad, he wanted everyone to know about it. Your first born had been a boy, who was now four years old and who was with your parents at the moment. He had begged you to have a sibling, so you and Taehyun had gotten pregnant again and just like the last time Taehyung wasn't able to keep in his excitement, surely knowing that this time it would be a girl. With big eyes you tried to catch his attention, hoping that his eyes would cross yours eventually. But when another contraction hit you and he still hadn’t looked into your direction, that was when you lost it. 

 

 

“Tae…” You muttered softly, making all the guys look at you instead of just one. They had all been so caring and sweet to you ever since they had found out that you were pregnant again. They were all looking forward to this little creature, wanting to spoil it with their love just like they had done with your son. Taehyung panted as he smiled at you and walked over, kneeling down in front of you so that he was on your level. “What is it babe?” He asked cooly, as if he really had no idea what was going on. You stayed silent for a while, thinking he would figure it out eventually, but the only thing he did was looking at you with a adorable smile. “Take me to the hospital, now.” Your voice was harsh and severe but you had to clench your teeth while saying this because at the same time you felt an strong ache go through your stomach. His eyes widened as what you had said penetrated inside of his mind and suddenly he looked like a lost puppy. “Is it happening?” He asked and you could hear he was slightly freaking out, just like last time...

 

 

“Yes! Oh my god Taehyung don’t just stand there like that! Do you want me to deliver this baby on the floor of your practice room?!” That was enough for all the guys to start moving and you were relieved to see that they weren’t going to leave their friend alone in this, you weren’t sure if that as such a good idea. Namjoon and Jimin ran over to you and helped you off the couch, supporting you towards the car. Taehyung walked in front of you, saying soothing things in the hope to calm you but mostly himself down. Jin and J-Hope were both running towards the car and would make sure it would be ready for you to get in and leave. Suga had suggested to drive back to your house and pick up the bag that you had packed to take with you if you had to stay at the hospital and to get your son. And well Jongkook, he just ran behind everyone with a pale face and he was trying his best not to faint. 

 

 

For a moment it was hard to believe that everyone was going with you, since they all stepped into the car but made sure you had enough room to sit comfortable. And even though Jongkook looked as if he wanted to run away, he still closed the door behind him and fastened his seat belt, not looking like he was going to leave your side. These guys had become your family over time, they were like your brothers and it meant a lot that they were with you right now. You groaned as you felt the pain rushing through your body again and noticed the contractions were coming quickly behind each other, which meant you could go into labor any time. Taehyung grabbed your hand and let you squeeze it as hard as you could, without complaining even once, though his fingers were turning white. “It’s okay baby, you’re doing great.” He said in your ear as he brushed your hair back and tried to control himself, but you could see he was as well hyper, as panicked as worried. 

 

 

Everyone was trying to cheer you up, making jokes which would make you laugh slightly or saying that you were doing well and that they couldn’t believe you could do this. But after a while the pain was so bad that you just couldn’t handle it anymore and you laid your head in Taehyung’s chest while trying to breath in and out slowly, like you had been told to do. “We’re almost there.” Taehyung said and you could hear how he was telling Namjoon to drive faster, though you were sure he was already breaking the speed limits. When the car stopped and the doors opened you enjoyed the fresh air that was hitting your sweaty body. The guys got you out of the car and quickly brought you inside, screaming against all the doctors and nurses they saw. If this situation wouldn’t have been this horrible for you, you would have laughed with them but right now you didn’t feel like you had the energy to do that. Immediately a nurse rushed over with a wheeler chair and even though you didn’t like that thought you were happy you didn’t have to walk anymore. 

 

 

They brought you to a room where you had to get changed and where you would be connected with a monitor to check how fast your contractions were. The boys stayed behind on the hallway and your boyfriend desperately looked how they took you and how you disappeared out of sight. “But I have to be with her. She’s my girlfriend!” He started to complain but the others quickly tried to calm him down, saying they would come to get hem later, if you needed him. And they were right, after pacing through the hallway, sulking and complaining for thirty minutes finally a nurse came up to him. “Sur, your girlfriend is ready to go into labor. Do you want to wait outside or do you want to stay with her?” For Taehyung that wasn’t even a question right now, because to him there was only one option that was reasonable. He had stayed with you the first time, so he was going to stay as well for the second round. He still wanted to be there for you, he had to. “I’ll come, please.” He said and the nurse nodded with a smile. 

 

 

“She’ll appreciate that, she’s been asking for you.” She said and he smiled as he walked after her. The guys all wished him look and Namjoon even motioned him to text him with his fingers, wanting to stay up to date with what was happening. They guided Taehyung into a room and as soon as he saw you he rushed over to you. He felt so bad when he saw yo covered in sweat, panting and with a pained expression on your face, but some of that slipped away when he saw how you smiled up at him. The pain you were going through right now wasn’t normal, but you had gone through it before, so you'd be able to handle it. But when Taehyung walked into the room and you knew he had decided to stay with you, you felt a little bit stronger. He grabbed your hand tightly and laced his fingers through your own, making you feel that he wasn’t going anywhere and he was here for you. He brushed your hair out of your face that was glued against your forehead and grabbed a tissue to wipe your sweat away. 

 

 

“Okay miss, the opening is wide enough and your contractions are following each other up soon so I think we’re ready to go.” Your gynecologist said and you looked down on him and nodded, the sooner this would be over the better. “Sur, in that mask beside you is some oxygen, you can give it to your girlfriend if she asks for it, sometimes that makes it easier.” You watched how Taehyung nodded convincingly and replaced the tissues by the mask, making sure he was ready to give it to you if you needed it, but his other hand never left yours. “Okay, ready? Push!” As soon as you heard the word it was as if something inside of your brain switched and automatically made you do what was asked from you. A soft squeal left your lips as you pushed down, feeling all your muscles pull together painfully. “Push push push, okay and breath!” You leaned back against your pillow and closed your eyes, already feeling exhausted. 

 

 

Taehyung gave you the mask and you gladly breathed in the air, making you feel a little bit better. “We’ve got another one coming! Push!” You were aware of the fact that you were crushing Taehyun’s hand but you couldn’t help it. The pain that was going through your body was intense and you had no idea what to do with it because it wouldn’t go away. It went on and on and you had no idea how long you were already pushing as you saw the doctors giving each other worried looks. The baby still wasn’t there and you had this feeling that it wasn’t proceeding, as if you were still had the very beginning and you were sure that this wasn't going like it had been the first time. You leaned back against the bed after another push and tried to find the strength to try again. But you were exhausted and you had no idea how much longer you could go on with this. Taehyung looked at you with a concerned look as he felt the power in your hand slip away slowly. He looked at the doctors, begging them with his eyes to do something. He could see you getting weaker and weaker and he was scared that this wouldn’t end well. 

 

 

“Miss, the shoulder of the baby is stuck. We’re going to try to force it a little bit but if it doesn’t work after that then I’m afraid we’ll have to do a cesarean.” The doctor said and you opened your eyes to look at him. You should have known that your baby was already bigger, but you hadn’t thought things would become so difficult. But when you had started this you had really hoped that you would be able to give birth to this baby in a natural way, because they said it was so special. Still you nodded and made yourself ready for another push, looking for some more power inside of you. You felt them moving the baby, but you had no idea what they were doing. “And give me another one!” And you tried, you tried really hard but at some point you felt all the energy flowing away out of your body and you just felt as if you couldn’t do it anymore. Black spots danced in front of your eyes as you lay back and you could hear everyone in the room move. 

 

 

Doctors began to scream to get you to the operation room and you felt Taehyung tugging on your hand, begging you to open your eyes for him. But soon you felt his hand disappear from your own and you wondered where he had gone, though you could still hear him scream your name. The next time you woke up you were back inside of your room and you blinked your eyes slowly, seeing a doctor hovering over you with a bright smile which slightly frightened you. “Hello there miss ________-shi, how are you feeling?” She asked and you nodded at her, motioning that you were feeling a little bit better. Your eyes widened when you realized something and quickly you looked around the room. “Where is she?” You asked and the doctor sent you a reassuring look before stepping aside, making a incubator appear inside of your sight. You looked down on the little girl, wrapped in a pink thick blanket and with a pink little hat on her head. 

 

 

“Congratulations with you wonderful daughter.” They got her out and handed her to you, which made your eyes water. She was absolutely perfect, looking exactly like her father. Thinking about that you looked at the doctor again, but once again she seemed prepared for your question. “The mother is awake now, you can let the father in.” Only two second after that Taehyung ran inside of the room, looking completely panicked with tears streaming down his face and a bewildered look inside of his eyes. But when he saw you sitting up in your bed with that little pile inside of your hands, his expression changed. “God, you’re okay! I was so worried when they took you away!” He said as he ran over to you and wrapped his arms around you, kissing your temple. “Because of the long labor she was is a critical condition, but we were on time to safe both of your beautiful girls.” The doctor said and Taehyung stared into your eyes lovingly, brushing back your hair before his eyes slowly slipped down to see the little girl inside of your arms. 

 

 

You watched his face carefully and saw how a wonderful glance filled his eyes, one of pure love and adoration, it made your heart overflow. Though you were sure that Taehyung loved you deathly, the way he looked at your daughter was something that couldn’t be described. “She’s so pretty, she looks just like you.” He said and though you didn’t really agree to that, you looked up at him and you saw how he ripped his eyes away from her to look back at you. “Do you want to hold her?” You asked, even though you felt horrible by giving her away already. His eyes widened and you could see the fear inside of him to do something wrong but also the excitement of being able to hold his second born. You carefully handed her to him and lay her inside of his arms, making him blink his eyes in surprise. “She has your eyes, look.” He said and she yawned cutely, making the both of you laugh. “Do you have a name?” The doctor asked as you were both adoring your little girl. 

 

 

“Taegeuk!” You both said at the same time and smiled up at each other. Taehyung handed her back to you and you watched her facial expressions change. Your boyfriend was lying beside you on your bed, admiring his two lovely girls as suddenly noise filled the room. All the guys stormed in, Suga was holding a camera in one hand, ready to record every single moment and the hand of your four year old son in the other, Jimin and
J-Hope were holding a big present, Jin was jumping up and down while trying to get a closer look at the small version of you, Jongkook was holding a giant, pink ballon with the text ‘It’s a girl!’ and Namjoon was trying to calm everyone down and was giving you a concerned look. “Our little Taegeuk! Come to uncle Jimin, I’ll spoil you with my charms and love.” He said jokingly and you both laughed as you were surrounded by the other members. Your son walked up to you and jumped on the bed, making the family complete. "My sister!" He said happily and you all laughed as you looked at him, admiring what he had wanted to have for a long time, a sibling. Even though they were noise you were glad to see them and that they were here. You looked up at Taehyung who was surprisingly already looking at you and he pecked your lips before wrapping an arm around your shoulder and holding you, still admiring the greatest gift he had ever had.

 

 


Requested by Deasy_ayue