When his prank goes too far

Taehyung One Shots

 

 

“But I really don’t want to go…” You muttered quietly and hoped Taehyung would be able to hear the fear inside of voice so he would stop trying to convince you and would let this go. But he was so in the dream of taking you with him that he could no longer keep himself from pouting and blinking his eyes at you cutely, begging you. “Oh come on babe, I really want you to come. It won’t be as much fun if you don’t come!” He whined and grabbed your arm, hugging it and rubbing his cheek against it. You frowned at him, unhappy he was using that as an argument, he knew you wouldn’t be able to say no to those kind of things. You sighed deeply as you covered your face with your hands and tried to fight the feeling of guilt coming over you. “Please, please, please, pleaseeeee…” The way he looked at you was enough to make you give into his pleads and you frowned at him while nodding. “Fine.” 

 

 

He jumped up in joy and did his alien dance, making you wonder what the hell had just happened to this adorable man. “I love you! I’ll make sure you have a great night!” He jumped up and walked away, getting ready for the party. You couldn’t believe that you always let him drag you along with him and that you’d always give into him. But who could say no to those beautiful eyes and those cute pouted lips? Maybe it wasn’t that bad to go, but the thought of people in creepy costumes and a dark room made you tremble. They had a costume party tonight and you knew Taehyung had been looking forward to this for a long time now. He couldn’t stop talking about his costume and about yours and about how his band members all had so original ones as well. It would be nice to spend another evening with the boys though and you were sure Taehyung wouldn’t let anything scary happen to you. 

 

 

With a deep sigh you stood up from the couch and walked towards your shared bedroom where you had left your costume last time. When you had bought it back then you hadn’t thought you’d ever wear it, you had just bought it because Taehyung had loved it. You pulled the closet open and saw a white clothing bag in the corner. With a pound you grabbed it and zipped it open, some butterfly wings meeting you. You loved this costume as well, you were convinced it would rather make you look cute than scary, but that was the look you wanted to go for. You knew that Taehyung went for a ghost, and just the thought of that made you want to scream. If there was one thing you hated than it was everything that made you afraid. But you guessed there’d be other people at this party who would also be dressed into something else than scary figures. 

 

 

Quickly you got into your costume and did your hair and make up. If you’d go than you wanted your outfit to look stunning and it had to be complete. Even though you weren’t very into this evening you were still glad you could spend it with your boyfriend. And if you could really make him happy by going than you would do that. Like he had said, he would make sure you’d have a great time and so he would protect you from all the creepy people running around there. When the door opened you glanced up from your image in the mirror and saw how Taehyung walked into the room. If you hadn’t known he was your boyfriend you probably would’ve run away while screaming, he looked like an actual ghost. He chuckled when he saw your face and eyed you up and down, inspecting your costume. “You’re looking nice babe, like a real butterfly.” He said and you knew he was teasing you, this outfit was much too cute but cute was better than scary. 

 

 

You stuck out your tongue to him and walked past him to grab your purse. The party had already started since Taehyung had stayed home longer to convince you to come with him. The other members were already there and you didn’t want them to wait to long, you could better leave quickly than this would also be over fast. As soon as he noticed you were ready to leave Taehyung grabbed his phone and stuck it inside of his pockets and then took the car keys. “Are you ready?” He asked, hoping that you wouldn’t crawl back now. He knew how much you hated nights like these but he hoped that maybe if you’d be there tonight you’d realize it wasn’t that scary after all and you wanted to do these kind of things more often. “Yeah, let’s just go.” You knew that you sounded as if you were about to die, but actually that was exactly how you were feeling right now. 

 

 

Without saying anything Taehyung grabbed your hand and walked you towards the car. How must this look to other people? Not only were the two of you dressed as if you were completely crazy, but a butterfly and a ghost weren’t exactly a very normal combination as well. Luckily for you was late and there weren’t a lot of people outside, otherwise what would your neighbors think? “You’ll see that it’ll be great! Everyone will be dressed in costumes, it will be so cool to see!” He sounded so excited that you didn’t want to ruin things for him so you nodded and smiled, pretending he had convinced you. What if you wouldn’t even recognize people because of their costume? People who wouldn’t know this ghost was Taehyung maybe wouldn’t even recognize him. You stepped into the car as he held the door open for you and calmed yourself. There wouldn’t be anyone there he didn’t just want to have fun and this was all just organized for that. No one was going to scare you on purpose, that was what you told yourself. 

 

 

It was quiet inside of the car and it slowly started to get darker. Taehyung held your hand tightly and had the other one wrapped around the wheel. From time to time his eyes would shift to you, studying your face just to see if you were okay. But you were deep lost in your own thoughts, too far to notice him glancing at you. You were trying your best to think positive about this whole thing, telling yourself it was going to be fun to see all those people again. The only thing you had to do was pretend as if the costumes were just clothes, nothing special and noticed that could scare you off. “We’re almost here.” Taehyung suddenly said and it made you jump up out of your dreamy state and look over at him, almost getting a heart attack. “God Tae! Did you really have to put that much effort in it?” You asked, realizing his costume was much too realistic. Even with the lights on he looked scary, how would it be if he walked around in the dark? Instead of saying anything he just chuckled and squeezed your hand reassuringly, making your fast beating heart slow down a little. 

 

 

“How many people will be there?” You asked and hoped he would tell you it was just a meeting between him and his company and they were allowed to bring some friends with them. But a wide grin grew on Taehyungs face as he looked over at you,stopping on front of a red light. “So many! We invented everyone we knew because we really wanted to make this thing turn into something big. I mean, who does not like dress up parties?” As soon as he had said that he carefully looked at you, forgetting that you hated them. But you smiled at him, pretending as if you didn’t notice his mistake and nodded. The chance you would run into people you didn’t know would be big, lets just hope they’d leave you alone. Taehyung parked the car close to the entrance and almost skipped towards the door after you had gotten out of the car. It was so cute to see him all excited and happy, you knew this was something typically for him.

 

 

The door was opened by a guy you didn’t recognize in his devil costume, but he had a big smile plastered on his face and greeted your warmly. It immediately made you feel at ease and you realized that maybe you and overreacted. These people all seemed so friendly, and all your tensed muscles instantly relaxed. Taehyung seemed to notice beside you and laughed brightly while wrapping his arms around your waist from behind and pulling you against his chest. a smile spread on your face as you looked around the room, seeing all those smiling people in their costumes. Some of them gave you the freaks, but as long as they would stay from you there wouldn’t be a problem. “I told you it’d be nice right!” He said in your ear and tried to make his voice get over the music. And he was right, maybe you should listen to him a little more often.

 

 

Taehyung spotted s at the other side of the room, planted a kiss on your temple and then walked away to meet them. Quickly you looked for people you knew and saw a few girls were waving at you. “You look really pretty!” Amber said and you shot her a brilliant smile and then complimented her costume. Actually the night passed just like it did on every other party. People ate the food, talked to the people they knew, danced on the music and got drunk. The costumes didn’t seem to play such a big role in this, it was just fun to wear them and to pretend to be something else than just yourself. With your butterfly wings and your short cut dress you felt so feminine and cute and you did understand why people wanted to dress up, honestly you also liked the idea. Someone handed you a drink and a bowl with food as you talked to your friends, talking about the latest gossips. You realized that you had even totally forgotten about Taehyung after a while. 

 

 

“I should go look for Taehyung! I’ll be right back!” You said to the girl standing beside you and she nodded. She was dressed like a fairy so you didn’t really fear her. All realizing that you wouldn’t be back for a while they waved at you but then got on with their conversation. Your eyes scanned the room, walking past everyone and trying to find a ghost who looked like your boyfriend. When you saw a white blanket passing you, you put your hand on his shoulder and waited for him to face you. A squeal left your lips when you noticed it wasn’t Taehyung but a guy you had never seen before. He laughed at your reaction but then gave you a gentle smile. “Can I help you, beautiful lady?” He asked and you smiled at him, enjoying his compliment. “I’m looking for my boyfriend, he’s a ghost as well but I guess I had the wrong one, sorry!” He seemed a little disappointed when you brought up that you were dating someone but smiled friendly before walking away. 

 

 

Back to your mission to find Taehyung you walked around in the room, trying to find any of his friends who might know where you could find him. Then you saw Jimin and you rushed over to him, locking your arm through his when you reached him. It was nice to see a familiar face in this crows of people. “Hey _________-ah! You look nice! Are you enjoying the party?” This guy, friendly as always but still as hyper. Even while being dressed as a skeleton he looked like he could start dancing on one of the tables any minute. “Yeah, it’s fun! But hey, have you seen Tae? I’ve been looking for him but I can’t find him.” For a moment he seemed to be digging inside of his mind, wondering where he had last seen the kid. Then his face cleared up and he looked down on you with a smile. “I think he’s upstairs.” He said and pointed towards the stairs at the end of the room. What was he doing there, you thought. But you thanked the other boy and then began to climb up.

 

 

It was always hard to find Taehyung if there were other people with you. In the beginning he would be standing next to you but if you’d lose him out of your sight for at least one minute he would be gone and he’d be talking to a stranger who would give him weird looks. When you reached the last stair you immediately noticed that it was much darker here than it had been at the big room downstairs. Hoping that there weren’t a lot of people here with scary costumes you walked through the hallway and looked around, trying to find him. “Tae?” You asked and listened if you could hear any reply, but it stayed completely silent. It was strange how the music seemed to die out here and for a moment you thought about turning around and going back to the other. Taehyung would find you if it would be time to go home, you didn’t have to go out and look for him. But now that you had come this far you really did want to see him. You had come to this party to be with him, so you wanted to find him. 

 

 

Hearing a noise inside of the room next to you, you stopped. Your heart rate shot up as you held in your breath and listened carefully. The sound was gone, it was as if someone had kicked against something or had fallen. Maybe Taehyung was in there? You pushed against the door and noticed how it opened without any struggle. It was dark inside of the room and as you took a step inside you let your hand travel across the wall to look for a light switch. “Taehyung?” Your voice was only a whisper, as if you didn’t want to gain anyone else’s attention if it wasn’t him inside of this room. You stood in the middle of the room as you realized there was no one in here, it was completely empty. A chuckle left your lips as you thought about your crazy behavior and told yourself to calm down. You squealed when a smash came from behind you and you turned around to see how the  door had fallen close behind you. Your throat felt dry as you walked towards it and pushed down the handle, but though it had been open just now it was now locked. Panic rushed through your veins as you pulled the door once more only to be confronted with the fact that it wouldn’t open. 

 

 

This couldn’t be happening right now. You were not crazy, this door hadn’t been locked five minutes ago. You turned your hand into a fist and knocked on the door, hoping there was someone on the other side who would hear you. “Hello?!” You yelled, thinking there would be at least one person upstairs with you at this moment who could open the door. When you heard a crack behind you in the room you turned around once again, but your eyes couldn’t spot anything. It was dark inside of the room, only the light of the moon shining through the curtains gave you the possibility to see something. Your heart was beating against your chest, your hands were sweating and your eyes darted through the room. Probably you were just going crazy, people heard the weirdest noises if they were alone and scared. When you felt two hand drop on top of your shoulders you screamed and quickly twirled, being met by a white figure which only made you yell even louder. 

 

 

Without the capability to think straight you pushed the figure off of you and stumbled backwards, tears stinging inside of your eyes as you searched for a way out. But once again the person stepped closer to you until your back pressed against the wall and there was no way for you to go anymore. Your eyes were big as you stared at him, seeing two dark eyes looking back at you. “Bwaa!” He suddenly said and another loud screech came up in your throat as you began to slap the figure and tried you hardest to escape. It was clear that you had surprised him since he stumbled backwards and needed some time to realize what was happening. You rushed past him and got back to the door, just to find out again that it was locked and you couldn’t get out. Your whole body was filled with anxiety and your legs were shaking. “_________-ah, calm down.” You suddenly heard and you turned around the the boy who as standing behind you. 

 

 

You blinked your eyes when the light suddenly went on and you saw Taehyung standing in front of you who looked at you with a worried look. You let out a trembling breath as you realized what was going on and hit your hands in front of your face before crouching down on the floor and crying. “Baby, it’s okay, it’s just me.” Taehyung said as he sat down beside you and tried to make you look at him, but you were too upset. He knew how scared you had been to come here tonight and then he did something like that. You were used to him pranking you, but this was just too much. You choked on your sobs as you looked up at him and shot him a glare. “You’re such a Tae!” You yelled at him before standing up and walking back to the door. Now that the lights were on you could see that the key was still in the lock and you turned it before pulling the door open and walking out. You stormed down the stairs and you could see s standing there. They had known about the prank because they seemed excited to see your reaction, Jimin had done it on purpose. 

 

 

When they saw your tear strained face their expressions fell and without saying anything to them you walked past them, getting towards the front door to get out. There was no way you were staying here any longer. You didn’t have the keys of the car but you didn’t care if you had to walk home, as long as you didn't need to stay here it was still better. “__________-ah! Wait!” He was running after you, you didn’t even have to look over your shoulder to know that. But at this moment you were just so angry and upset that you didn’t even think about stopping. You rushed outside and when the cool air hit your skin you shivered. As you walked away the music slowly disappeared and you wondered how the other would be feeling now that they had seen how much they had hurt you. Someone grabbed your wrist and you screamed as you pulled away. “It’s me!” Taehyung said and immediately you glared at him, crossing your arms over your chest. He looked at you with guilty eyes and played with his own fingers, something he always did when he was nervous. 

 

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t think you’d be that upset. I was just playing, I though you’d find it funny.” He said and tried to make it sound as if he hadn’t meant anything wrong with hit. But who could he not? “Taehyung, you knew how scared I was! How could you do that?” You said, your lower lip shaking as you thought back of how much he had scared you. With a pout he took a step closer to you and grabbed your hand, hoping that you wouldn’t shrug him off, which you didn’t. “I know, I shouldn’t have done it and I’m really sorry.” He said and you looked up at him, seeing the sincere apology inside of his eyes. You sighed deeply and he knew that was the sign which meant he was forgiven. He pulled you closer to him and wrapped his arms around you for a big hug, crushing you against his chest. “I’ll never scare you again, I promise.” He said and pecked your forehead before gazing into your eyes. Even though he was still wearing his ghost costume he didn’t look that scary anymore as he had done back inside of the house. 

 

 

Suddenly his look darkened and he eyed you. “Who was that guy you were talking to earlier?” He said and you smirked, deciding to use this moment that jealousy was running through him. “Oh, I was looking for you and he looked like a ghost so I just hugged him really tight! He seemed to enjoy it a lot.” Taehyung bit his lip as he looked away and tried to hide the fact that he already hated that guy even though he had never met him. “Besides, at least he didn’t scare me.” You mumbled and he looked back at you with big eyes. “Oh but baby, I told you I was sorry! I’m much cuter than that guy anyway, you can’t replace me by him.” You laughed when you saw the frustration on his face and patted his arm reassuringly. “I’m just messing with you Tae, I told him I have a boyfriend.” A pleased smile showed up on his face as he hugged you even closer to him. “He did seem disappointed though, poor guy…” Taehyung whined at your remark and began to walk you to the car, clearly annoyed. “Yah! He can’t steal you away from me, you’re mine. He may be happy I don’t know him.” He said but you could only smile.

 


Requested by leejiwoon_18