From China With Love

Big Bad Wolf

Lately Sehun had been busy; especially since new interesting events, regarding the explosions at the hospital, had been uncovered and Sehun had sent Kris, Luhan, Tao Minseok and Yixing after a clue that had led them all the way to Guangzhou, China. It didn’t exactly pleased Sehun to let his men go, especially such a small amount of people, however, Luhan had to be there to gather information, Kris, Tao and Minseok were the bodyguards and Yixing was going as safety net if anything went wrong. It only left him with Jongin, Chanyeol, Jongdae and Kyungsoo, not to mention the wheelchair bound nurse. It didn’t exactly reassure him but it would have to do, at least for the moment.

Jongdae had finally returned from his trip to Thailand, all his business were already taken care of, and much to Sehun’s chagrin, the small male had taken a real big interest on Baekhyun, not that the petite nurse was interested in the other’s attention; Sehun had to say he was pleasant to see someone shut up Jongdae’s big mouth.

To top the fact that Jongdae was driving everyone crazy, which was no surprise to anyone since he had boundless amounts of energy, Baekhyun was also going insane; he had no job, no mobility for the moment, there was only so much TV he could watch and books he could read. Obviously he had Chanyeol and he really enjoyed the younger man’s company and he got really well with him, even if the younger was still a little but shy, although he was slowly coming out of his shall. And let’s face it: Jongdae was as amusing as he was a real pain.

Lately though, Baekhyun had been using the indoor swimming pool to exercise his knee, Yixing’s suggestion, to regain mobility in his leg, it was rather painful but Baekhyun soldier on. He had taken the afternoon to just get in the swimming pool, Chanyeol sitting on the stairs watching carefully to any sign of discomfort on the smaller face.

“Hello Baekhyunnie!”

The petite blond almost groaned at the voice that rang inside the pool room, if not for the fact that he probably would swallow chlorinate water.

“What do you want Jongdae?”

“Are you telling me I can’t visit my favorite person of the moment?”

“No but I would very much appreciate if you could go and bother someone else.”

“And miss the chance of seeing your pretty milky legs? All wet on top of that? No way!”

Jongdae was immensely pleasured by seeing the red tint that Baekhyun’s cheeks had turned. The young male stopped what he was doing and slowly pushed himself slowly out of the pool, aided by Chanyeol, hissing a little bit when his knee met the sharp edge of a tile.

“What’s wrong?” asked Chanyeol looking with concern at Baekhyun; even Jongdae seemed slightly worried at the thought of the petite male being hurt again.

“I think I scraped my knee slightly. Nothing big.”

“The injured one?” asked Jongdae alarmed, the poor kid had been injured left and right lately.

“No, the other one I think.”

And there it sat; right on Baekhyun’s knee a little cut that was bleeding a little. Normally, in any circumstances Baekhyun wouldn’t give a thought about it, it was a small cute, like the ones you make with paper but the panicked look on Chanyeol’s face. The tall giant picked the drenched male bridal style and carried him outside the room despite all of the ‘stop’s’ that Baekhyun uttered, leaving behind a dazed Jongdae.

Chanyeol brought the petite male to the kitchen, sitting the soaking man on the counter top, passing by the living room and ignoring Kyungsoo, who had been reading, and his confused ‘what is going on?’. He pressed a napkin against Baekhyun’s knee, also ignoring the smaller’s looks. He left in a hurry muttering something about first aid kit.

Baekhyun was left without much of a choice, he couldn’t get out of the countertop alone and he was starting to shiver, the pool room was hot, the kitchen not so much, despite the fact that he did had a t-shirt and shorts on. Yuna, the youngest maid of the house, appeared in the kitchen an immediately approached the male.

“Sir, are you okay?” she asked in her cute baby-ish voice of hers.

“I’m fina Yuna, don’t worry. Chanyeol is making a fuss about a small cut.” Reassured Baekhyun pointing at the cut, to which the maid looked at, hands on her own knees.

“It’s nothing serious.” she confirmed with a smile. “But Sir Chanyeol really likes to take care of others and he’s really protective of you. It’s actually good to see him like that. I think he was very lonely before you came here, especially considering the fact that…”

Yuna was interrupted when Sehun entered the kitchen, a mug on his hand, stopping abruptly at the sight of a soaking nurse shivering on top of his counter, having a conversation with his own maid.

“What is going on here?” he asked with a sign, he was becoming used to strange sights.

“Sir Baekhyun injured himself and Sir Chanyeol is treating him.” Replied Yuna quickly, bowing slightly at the sound of her boss’ voice, before quickly going away when the other man looked at her from the corner of his eye.

“Aren’t you a magnet for trouble?” asked Sehun snidely.

“Yes and I am really good at attracting unwanted male attention, apparently, imagine that.” replied Baekhyun, voice laced with sarcasm.

“One day your mouth is going to cause you a big amount of trouble and I won’t even be able to protect you, let alone Kris.”

“I am already in trouble and I didn’t even open my mouth so now, at least, I someone might have a valid reason other than the fact that I breathe.” shrugged the male and Sehun had to handed to him, he had some spine on him.

Jongdae chose that moment to walk inside the kitchen, immediately darting to Baekhyun and laying one hand on the other’s milky and very much uncovered tight.

“Hands off Jongdae!”

“Oh come on sweetheart, you’ve got such lovely legs and you’re all wet and it’s kind of hot.” stated Jongdae saucily before his eyes soften and he asked. “How is you knee by the way? Did big boy treat your oo?”

Baekhyun was completely thrown off by Jongdae’s comment and that was his main problem with Jongdae: you never know when he his joking or not, he would say thing in the most blunt way possible and then, in the next moment, he would change topics like an insane people, it was very possible for him to be discussing politics and the other moment be ranting about the color of the sky. That was just how Jongdae rolled and, if Baekhyun was right, this was a very crafty way of confusing people with lies, half lies and truths. So, in Baekhyun’s perspective, not only he manipulated other but he also hid himself from the others.

“I’m fine Jongdae, thanks for the concern.” thanked Baekhyun with a small smile.

“You’re welcome sweetheart.” replied Jongdae with a smile. “I wasn’t joking when I said you got great legs, seriously they are the most amazing pair of legs I’ve seen in my life. And the fact that you have a white shirt which is actually kind of see though, it’s awesome really.”

The comment from Jongdae made both Sehun and Baekhyun turn their attention to the smaller’s shirt. It was a nice view, thought Sehun absentmindedly while Baekhyun covered himself up and blushed horribly.

A warm hoodie was thrown on Baekhyun’s shoulders, shielding him from the cold air and the stared of the other males. Chanyeol stood in front of the petite male, eyes blazing.

“Back off.” he growled at the two men before kneeling down to treat Baekhyun’s scraped knee, despite the other’s mutters that he could do it.

“You are mean Chanyeol, depriving us from such a great view.” when Chanyeol shot him a glare, that completely shocked him, not that he was going to show it, he shrugged it off. “You’re no fun. I am going to bother Jimin… or Kyungsoo, whoever I find first.”

“Don’t you dare.” barked Sehun as the other was leaving the kitchen “They will end up throwing something at you and I am rather tired of having expensive things being broken.”

Jongdae laughed, hand in the air waving Sehun off. For a moment Baekhyun actually pitied the other man, Kim Jongdae was something else. But that pity immediately vanished when the tall man turned to him.

“Get your injury treated and then go and change your clothes, you are wetting my floors.”

When Sehun’s back was out of field of vision, Baekhyun grumbled an ‘arrogant prick’ before turning his attention to Chanyeol who snickered slightly at the sight of a grumpy Baekhyun. He put a plaster on the other’s knee after disinfecting the scratch.

“Can you help me to my room?” asked Baekhyun cutely, even without meaning too. “I need to change or clothes and take a bath or else Mister Big Boss Oh is going to complain about his floor again.”

He really had to laugh out when the gentle giant picked him up like a little kid, swaying him from side to side, before taking him to his room, not noticing the smiles of Kyungsoo, Jongdae, or even the maids or the butler. For the first time, since he got roped into living in that house, Baekhyun felt a little less lonely, since Kris spent a lot time out doing some kind of work for Sehun. He had finally found a friend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally, after a few days exercising his leg, Baekhyun was finally out of the wheelchair and sticking with crutches; much to his joy his knee was not looking like a soccer ball anymore, it was more like the size of a medium cantaloupe. Which was slightly better he guessed with a hint of sarcasm.

Since he know could explore the house more freely, especially since Sehun was out working, Kyungsoo was working too, which was a pity, Baekhyun quite liked the man, despite the fact that they hadn’t much time to talk and Jongin was covering their backs, since Sehun wasn’t the person to wander around without protection. He thought that Jongdae was somewhere around the house but he wasn’t really sure. Kris and the rest of the guys were on the plane back from China and Chanyeol was trying to hack some guy’s email account. As for himself, he was relaxing with a book, sitting on a windowsill of the library on the second floor.

He was tired out of his mind; he had had a long argument with Sehun, he had expressed his wish to work again and Sehun vehemently denied him that stating that it was bad enough to have a hospital blown out; there wasn’t a necessity for another one. He had made his point, surely, Baekhyun could understand that it was dangerous and that a similar thing could happen, but the way Sehun had put it into words had irked him to no end. When he has phoned Kris about it, his brother agreed with Sehun. Baekhyun snorted slightly remembering the episode.

The petite man tried to return to his book but a sound looking pretty much like a glass breaking caught his attention. He put the book on top of a nearby chair and grabbed his crutches. He climbed the stairs down and bit back a scream when he saw Jinki on the floor, blood coming from somewhere on his body and dripping to the ground. Despite all of his senses telling him not to, Baekhyun approached the man and inspected him closely noting the bullet wound on the other’s left shoulder blade. With efficient hands he checked the other’s pulse, sighing in relief when he found a strong pulse.

With all the will he possessed, Baekhyun dragged the man into the kitchen, praying that whoever in the house wasn’t there. To his luck, he found a terrified Yuna and very scared Jimin, who immediately jumped forward to help him when she saw what he was doing.

“What’s going on?” she asked in a whisper.

“I don’t know!”

“I heard a sound of glass breaking and when I went to check there was this man and he shot Jinki; I don’t think he saw me.” confessed the maid.

“Thank heavens for that. Where is Choa?”

“She went upstairs to check if there were any clean towels left in Sir Kyungsoo’s room.”

“Dammit. I need to warn Chanyeol too. He’s in the computer room and I don’t think he heard the shot.”

“None of us did. There is always noise in the kitchen.”

“Maybe he used a silencer.” mused the male. “Regardless, you need to hide. Take Jinki and hide in the basement, thankfully Sehun is paranoid enough to have a room that is a bunker despite the designation we gave it, put a lot of pressure on his wound, use whatever method you can to stop him from bleeding I got to get Chanyeol and Choa.”

“What about Sir Jongdae?” asked Yuna timidly.

“He’s in the house?”

“Yes, he came down for breakfast and then went to bed again.”

Baekhyun cursed and sent his crutches to the ground.

“What are you doing?” asked Jimin surprised.

“Crutches are going to cut me down.”

“But your knee…”

“Screw my knee! I need to get them.”

Yuna seemed to be about to say something to stop him but Jimin saw the determined, hard sheen on his eyes, she knew he wasn’t going to be deterred. She quickly put a hand on Yuna’s shoulder and shook her head.

“Go get them. Be safe!” she demanded palming his cheek.

To the staff, Baekhyun was someone cherish for his humble and sweet personality and Jimin’s heart squeezed in her chest when she saw the limping man exiting the kitchen, demanding that they only opened it at the word “black pearl”, which was a last minute code he arranged.

She regained her bearings quickly, understanding the need to move and put others to safety, and with Yuna’s help dragged the unconscious butler to the basement, locking it from inside, and thanking all gods for the bunker like basement.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun was in his car, having a relaxing conversation with Kyungsoo, while Jongin drove, when his cellphone rang. He didn’t have time to say a word when he answered the call because he immediately heard his maid’s terrified whisper.

“Master Sehun?”

“Choa?”

“Master Sehun, please help us?”

“What happened Choa?” he asked, sounding far more alarmed than he would like to show, making Kyungsoo and Jongin’s eyes go to him.

“There is a man with a gun inside the house. I was upstairs doing something and when I tried to return to the kitchen I saw a lot of blood on the living room. I hid underneath a bed and saw a man walking around inside a room. I’m so scared.”

“Choa, I need to you to calm down, please.” He asked the maid, trying to keep his voice to show any of the anger and worry that he was feeling. He covered the phone and told Jongin to drive faster. “Where are you now Choa?”

“I’m hiding underneath Sir Yixing’s bed. I didn’t want to but it was the closest room and I…” a strangled scream made Sehun called the blonde maid’s name urgently.

“Sehun?”

At the sound of Jongdae’s voice, Sehun felt a little more reassured, at least Choa wasn’t unprotected anymore, despite how mean he could be, he cared about his staff.

“I’m listening Jongdae.”

“Man; Caucasian; in his early thirties; 9 mm with silencer; working alone. I think he shot someone but I can’t tell who. However I saw Byun limping his way to the computers room.”

“Do you know what he is looking for?”

“Absolutely no idea, it’s not like he’s mumbling to himself.”

“Are you safe?”

“I barricaded myself and Choa inside Yixing’s room. We are out of danger for now. I don’t know about the others.”

“Hang in there, we are coming.”

Sehun hung up the call, his knuckles white. He was beyond furious and even Kyungsoo kept quiet noticing how angry his friend was. Someone had dared to break into Oh Sehun’s house and hurt one of his? No! He couldn’t accept that. There was going to be hell to pay.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun limped his way to the computer room, where Chanyeol was, without his hearing aid, as he suspected, located underneath the sumptuous staircase. His knee was killing him now that he was not supporting his weight with the crutched, not that he weighted that much but there was a difference.

He quietly got into the room and tapped an unprepared Chanyeol on the back, lifting a long finger to his lips to indicate the other to stay silent, when the other turned around in his chair surprised. The smaller of the two gave Chanyeol time to put his hearing aid, since it was crucial in this situation that Chanyeol could hear, before signing to the other.

There is an armed man inside the house. He shot Jinki.”

Chanyeol seemed alarmed at the news and inquired about the others.

“Jimin and Yuna are fine. I didn’t look for Choa or Jongdae. I came to pick you out first. Not much time to explain.”

The taller looked surprised at the statement but Baekhyun hadn’t really much time to try and bring the giant out of his stupor, he had to get them out of there, retrieve Choa and Jongdae and hide safely. He just hoped nothing had happened to them. He took Chanyeol’s hand and move slowly to the door, jaw tightly locked due to the obliterating pain he was feeling. The taller, noticing the discomfort, wrapped his arm around Baekhyun’s waist, carrying the diminutive weight of the other in order to help him move.

They opened the door carefully looking at each side, assuring themselves it was safe to go. They only had managed few meters into the living room, when Chanyeol detected a presence inside the room and dived behind the couch, Baekhyun safely encased in his arms, before a rain of bullets came upon them.

Baekhyun screamed, scared and in pain, and Chanyeol gritted his teeth when a bullet grazed his arm.

“Come on out Byun!” yelled the unknown man, in a perfect English accent.

“ you!” yelled Baekhyun back, disbelief painting his features.

“Fine then! I’ll just end up you and your friend. She wanted you alive but I guess she won’t mind if you are dead either.”

Baekhyun’s heart raced in his chest as he heard the approaching footsteps of the man, looking at Chanyeol, a sorry look on his face, begging the taller man to forgive him for putting him through this. Was he really going to die like this? And why kill Chanyeol? The man had nothing to do with this!

A small ruckus brought his focus back to the present and his head turned to the side, he couldn’t really move his body due to Chanyeol’s embrace, seeing the face of his assailant next to him, where the assailant laying on the floor, making him gasp in surprise.

The next thing he knew Jongin was approaching, gun in hand, removing the other man’s gun from his hold and Sehun approached the man. He man smiled at the Oh heir, blood gushing from his mouth.

“You are…working…with the …enemy.” gasped the man. “Jia Wu …sends…regards.”

And that was the last thing heard before his head lolled to the side, empty eyes staring at Baekhyun.

 

 

 

A/N: Aaaaand the crazy lady strikes! Kris' momma get give anyone a rest can she? So, what do you think of this chappie? Tell me all about it, you can comment, you can PM me, anything, just let me know and I'll be sure to reply back! If you really are digging the story try and subcribe (I'll update pretty regularly!) and even upvote, maybe. Anyways, how about you all have a wonderful, brilliant day? Do it, even if it's monday! Big smile on your face and seize the day!
Most importantly, never forget this, BE HAPPY! 
I love you all <3