Knowing The Wolf

Big Bad Wolf

The day was grey; the sky was decorated with big, dark clouds, seemingly ready to implode and make rain fall into the busy streets. The smell of ozone lingered and the air and Sehun was pretty sure that a storm would make itself be known sooner or later. He didn’t really mind, he liked storms, as they were unexpected, violent; he always got a kick out of those days but, what can you say, he wasn’t exactly a normal person, was he?

Since a little kid, Sehun was immersed in a world full of corruption, violence and death, it didn’t faze him then; it didn’t faze him now. His father, the previous leader of a mob group named EXO had died when Sehun was a teenager and he had been forced to take the reins of his father empire but it didn’t scared him much, he was very well trained for the position of leader, as the sole heir of the Oh’s, and had the best men he could guarding his back. He had taken all the lessons taught to him to heart and he had made himself into one of the most powerful and influential men in his country and he was damn proud of it, he had worked hard enough for it.

He stopped looking at the window and turned to look at the folder on top of his desk, opening it and looking at the picture displayed right on top of the sheet he was presented with: Kris Wu. Born in the middle of the Chinese mafia, Kris was the mirrored image of himself, a strong, influential man, trained by the best. However, the Wu Empire was still in his mother’s capable hand. Wu Jia was a terrifying woman and a lot more blood thirsty than he was.

Recently, through his vast net of informers, Sehun had learned that Kris had turned himself against his own mother, due to unknown reason, which basically meant that Jia wasn’t really keen on revealing them, and had moved to South Korea months ago.

Naturally, being a business man, Sehun was very interested in having Kris on his side, especially because that would mean that he would have extra leverage against the woman, who, eventually, in a long run, could represent a threat to him; Sehun was all in for the old saying, better safe than sorry.

A knock on the door made his thoughts vanish for a second; he closed the folder, resting it on the mahogany table in front of him and gave permission to enter.

“Kris here is here, should I send him in?” asked a small man from the doorway.

“Send him in Kyungsoo.”

Do Kyungsoo was perhaps the best secretary that he ever had in his live; Sehun had many but up until now, Kyungsoo was the one that prevailed. The short man was serious and hardworking, more competence in the tip of his fingers than most of the people that occupied that job previously. He was not one of his man, per say, considering that the man wasn’t exactly born in the same circles as he did, however, he was loyal to booth, was good at gathering information and actually made Sehun’s life easier by organizing it to perfection every day. Sehun considered him a valuable friend and took the male to live with him, in his estate, to better protect him of any potential threats. He was probably one of the few people that could talk back to Sehun and not suffer the consequences; to tell the truth, Sehun find it refreshing that the other male was so direct and sometimes rude, speaking his mind and advising Sehun.

Kyungsoo nodded at his request before slipping out of the room in order to get the other male. When he returned, he brought with him a tall man. Despite not seeing him in a long time, Sehun thought the man was pretty much the same, blond dyed hair, plump lips and angry eyebrows. He exuded an air of confidence and charisma that Sehun could appreciate, along with an elegant poise that seemed out of place in a man of such stature.

“Kris” he greeted with a pleasant tone “Is very good to see you. Take a seat, please.”

“Cut the bull Sehun we both know you didn’t call me here to exchange pleasantries.” replied the taller man, seating himself in the comfortable chair, across Sehun’s.

Sehun smirked slightly; Kris was still as impatient as he was used to be; nice to know somethings didn’t change.

“Very well then, I’ll go straight into business. As you may know I am very well informed about the current situation you have with your mother, although, I’m going to be quite honest to admit that I don’t know the reason to that; your mother hid it very well from public eyes, as an intelligent woman would do. However, I’m not going to lie, your current situation appeals to me a lot, I am in need of a hitman as good as you can be, or rather as I know you most certainly are. Also, your capacities could do me a great deal. In return, I will help you with whatever you mother will throw against you.”

“And how exactly can you be sure that my mother is against me? Or me against her? Also why do you need a new hitman?” asked Kris serenely, looking at Sehun with inscrutable eyes.

“Maybe the fact that you ran away from China? I mean if it was nothing important, you would’ve stayed, after all the Wu Empire is yours as soon as she dies but for some reason, you ran away from the place where you should be more protected! That is very intriguing indeed. And, to answer your question, my last two hitmen are no longer in duty. I only have Jongin now but, as you know, as good as he is, he also lacks the experience, he acts very irrationally at times.”

Kris’ tone ring made itself be heard in the ample space of Sehun’s office but the man made no move to answer the call.

“I have no interest whatsoever in your proposal. My interests at the moment do not contemplate wandering around with guns playing mafia and getting killed. You’ve got Jongin, train him and use him.” replied Kris nonchalantly.

“And why can’t you Kris? You have been fine with it for the majority of your life. What is it stopping you know? Whatever it is, I can help you.”

Kris’ phone rang again and the taller male looked frustrated before answering it, after reading the name on the screen.

“Hello? I can’t talk now; I am in the middle of something. I’ll call you in a bit, okay?” Kris looked at Sehun in distrust before lowering his voice into a whisper, eyes softening a fraction “Me too. I’ll see you later.”

He ended the call and looked at Sehun again, this time with his usual confidence.

“I meant what I said Sehun, I have no intention in returning to that kind of life, even less with the sole purpose of pleasing you. I have more important things to take care of now. I am very sorry that you called me here and I made you lose your time but I have business to attend to.”

Sehun was anything from stupid, he could tell right away that Kris was acting very strangely and secretive, why? Too soon to tell with so little information but Sehun did enjoy a good puzzle. He would solve this little mystery because right now Kris was getting exponentially nervous and he was smart enough not to pressure the man if he wanted him on his side. He interlocked his fingers and let his chin rest on them, eyes never leaving Kris’ form.

“Very well, you have made your point across. However I would like to remind you that my offer still stands, it’s yours to take whenever you feel like it.”

Kris nodded slowly and Sehun called Kyungsoo to the room, asking politely the shorter male to the taller to the exit. Kris nodded at him in acknowledgement before exiting the room fast.

Sehun let himself fell against the back of his comfortable chair, eyes closed, before reaching a hand to the window behind him an opening it.

“Get out of there, you should know better than to play on the ledges of buildings.”

A giggle was heard and a smaller man hopped into the room, making his way towards Sehun’s desk and sitting on top of it. Sehun opened his eyes to see a pair of mischievous eyes looking into him, blonde hair falling on top of giant brown orbs.

“Luhan, I thought I told you that listening to other’s people conversations is a bad thing. When I don’t ask you to do it, that is.”

“I never listen to you, why should I start now?” asked the lithe man, inspecting his nails.

“Very true.”

Luhan was a very intriguing character, even after knowing him since very young, Sehun was still at loss on trying to figure out what went through the other’s mind. He was, in every sense of the word, Sehun’s brother; his father had found him stealing on the streets when Luhan, and Sehun, where still teenagers, took him home and gave the boy a home after discovering he was an orphan, adopting him soon after. They both had been raised together and loved equally; Sehun cared immensely for Luhan and the reverse was the same. There wasn’t a person that Sehun trusted more than his own brother.

Despite his delicate features, Luhan was a force to be reckoned: beautiful and elegant but also deathly, Luhan was very proficient with guns but, for the sake of Sehun’s sanity, the slightly older man had more fun into sliding in an out of places, gathering intel without being noticed, much like the cat burglar would.

“Since you heard the conversation that just happened, tell me: what do you think of it?” asked the taller of the two, placing a hand on Luhan’s knee, relaxing in the comforting presence of the other.

“He’s hiding something. You and I both know that if there is a fault to Kris is tends to get sloppy, in some aspects, when some he cares for is on the line. For example, that phone call, he wouldn’t have answered it if it wasn’t someone important. Also, the fluctuations in his tone of voice suggest that he was talking to someone who fits perfectly into the important category.”

“I figured it out as much.”

“The real question in here is why did he run away from his own mother? The woman is ruthless but she cared about Kris…deep in the bottom of her missing heart that is!”

“I want to know who he was talking too.”

“Want me to send Jongdae after him?” asked Luhan, moving his hand to sweep Sehun’s hair from his eyes.

“Yes, please. Maybe this way he’ll stop bothering Chanyeol and Jongin and let them work.”

Luhan chuckled and hoped down from the desk, patting Sehun’s cheeks before leaving the room, earning himself a loud complain from Kyungsoo.

“Just what are you hiding Wu?” muttered Sehun to himself, before shaking his head and giving attention to a pile of documents that Kyungsoo had left on top of his table.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun sighed for the umpteenth time that day when Jongdae barged into his office, in his estate, without knocking first; had it been in his company, Kyungsoo would beat the heck out of him, here, Kyungsoo couldn’t care less and he probably enjoyed it.

“I’ve got news for you, boss.” he announced dropping himself in the chair in front of Sehun’s looking completely relaxed.

Jongdae had been working for him for about six or seven years; lithe figure, crazy sense of humor and had eloquence that could rip the most well-kept secret out of people in a heartbeat. He was gambler, fore and foremost and well versed in the art of lying and deceiving, which was quite strange since the man was one of the most honest people Sehun knew. The reverse side of the coin was that Jongdae was absolutely the worst when it came to defending himself, guns and martial arts sparked no interest to the man, who rather run than fight.

Sehun closed the book he was reading and looked at Jongdae; truth to be told he wasn’t working as he claimed to be, but living with a whole another nine people in the house, not including the staff, could drive him crazy on the best days. He had sought refuge in his office at the sound of Chanyeol shrieking at Yixing for almost dropping water on his precious computers.

“What did you found?”

“Wu is hiding someone from public view, being discreet as hell I might add, this piece of information was hard to get. I followed him around and eventually found out that his protégé, or whatever you want to call him, is a male nurse at Seoul National University Hospital. I couldn’t get a first name, only that he goes by nurse Byun. They seemed very intent in hiding his first name too; probably Kris coerced them or something. He’s liked and respected there. Since I couldn’t get more than this, within the time space you gave me, I brought you a pretty, pretty picture.”

“Show me.” demanded Sehun. He was rather interested in knowing who this male was; Jongdae had find difficulties in finding information on him, which meant that Kris was moving and reaching to his connections in order to keep the information from being spread and that intrigued him immensely.

Jongdae pulled polaroid pictures from an envelope and passed them to Sehun who grabbed and took a good look at the photographs in his hand. The photos showed a young man, probably in his mid-twenties, petite looking, with a small face, droopy eyes, thin lips and blonde hair that was neatly brushed. He wasn’t a classical beauty; he wasn’t himself or Kris, with sharp lines and strong features, he wasn’t even like Luhan whose face was beautiful and make everybody just be in awe with him, but he was very good looking.

“Pretty little thing isn’t he?” asked Jongdae, smirking at Sehun’s face.

“And that is all you know of him?” asked Sehun back, ignoring the look on Jongdae’s face; the little troll enjoyed pushing his buttons too much.

“That’s all I got on him. It’s frustrating as hell having so little information about him but I guess that Wu doesn’t really want anyone to know who he is. Talk about over protective.”

“When was this taken?”

“Two days ago. I tried to take it earlier but it was his day off. I asked around and one of the neonatal older nurses told me that lovely nurse Byun was having his day off on Wednesday, had a double shift today and he would take another break on Monday.”

“I think it’s time for a little trip.” stated Sehun, while Jongdae looked at him shocked.

“Are you really going to confront him, right now?”

“Yes, I need answers and I need them now. I don’t like to head into something blindly.”

“You’re gonna piss Kris off.” warned Jongdae with atypical seriousness.

“Maybe, maybe not. Call Jongin, Tao and Minseok. I’m going out and I need them.”

“I’m not your butler, you do that.” grumbled Jongdae but Sehun sent him a withering look “I’m going, I’m going!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Sehun got into the hospital, his entourage behind him, alert and ready to act if needed, since Sehun’s back had a big target to wannabe criminals who were famished by an ounce of power, he made his way to the front desk of the emergency room, where he was previously told, by the security guard, he could find Byun.

“Good evening, I would like to speak to nurse Byun.”

The male that stood behind the desk looked at him with raised eyebrows. He could tell the male was obviously attracted to him, eyes sweeping up and down his body greedily, greeting the image in front of him; Sehun knew very well that he was classically handsome, even if he was wearing casual clothes instead of a suit and tie as he normally did. Also, the male seemed to be confused at the three, rather scary, men behind him: Kim Jongin, his favored hitman, deadly as no other despite his young age, with an appearance that equaled any supermodel; Kim Minseok, his bodyguard, small and gentle looking, with a stunning face and lovely smile, he was the evidence that looks could be deceiving because the man was strong and very capable of eliminating a threat in a few seconds; and lastly Huang Zitao, commonly known as Tao, he was Sehun’s other bodyguard, tall, wiry and handsome, the young male had knowledge in martial arts and was fast on his feet. Sehun could see how the other would be confused.

“And you are?”

“Oh Sehun.”

The male receptionist clearly didn’t know who he was, and Sehun was quite amused by it. An older woman, dressed in pink scrubs gasped and shoved the younger man, coming forward, babbling, and clearly trying to stay on his good books.

“I’m very sorry Mr. Oh for the way this disrespectful young brat acted towards you. I am not sure were nurse Byun is at the moment but I can check it out for you.”

“I would like that very much.” replied Sehun, a saccharine smile playing on his lips.

However, she never got the chance to do it, as a group of paramedics entered abruptly the place, announcing they were bringing in victims of a shooting

From the corner of his eyes, Sehun saw the petite figure of the man he was looking for, running to the place, dressed in blue scrubs, accompanied by two other nurses. He approached the paramedics and, in a commanding voice, asked them what had happened.

“Two shooting victims of a robbery; the male is forty two and was shot in the chest area, there is a possibility that the bullet hit the lung. The other victim is a nineteen year old female, the bullet grazed her shoulder.”

“Jimin and Haeun, take care of the girl.” he asked to the two younger nurses behind him, who complied, before moving towards the shot man and inquiring the paramedic with him. “Oxygen levels?”

“Really low.”

“Blood pressure?”

“Low!”

Nurse Byun used his stethoscope and put it to the injured side of the man’s chest, listening intently.

“No sound coming from this side; he’s showing all signs of hemothorax. Jiyeon-shi!” he called looking at the older nurse that Sehun was talking to earlier “Page Doctor Lee and let him know that we have a hemothorax case caused by a bullet wound. He might be needed for a thoracotomy if the chest tube fails. Then come and help me.”

“You are going to be inserting one?” she asked the male.

“I am, before the lung completely collapses.” nodded the male, before disappearing, along with the paramedics to one room on the left corridor. The nurse in pink scrubs ran after the male, twiddling with a pager in her hand.

“Well” started the receptionist looking at Sehun. “If you are really that interest in talking with him, you might want to seat down and read a magazine or something. As you could see, our head nurse is a little busy at the moment.”

And wait he did, Sehun sat for over an hour and a half, and if he wasn’t so dead set into talking to the nurse, he would have left long ago. He was very intrigued about why would Kris was so focused on protecting the nurse. Eventually, the nurse came through the doors, blood splattered on his scrubs, looking drained. He approached the front desk and dropped a medical chart in there, startling the male receptionist.

“Page nurse Choi and ask him to come and get this chart wherever he is. I want this patient monitored as frequently as possible.”

“The chest tube worked?” asked the male.

“So far yes, but he into cardiac arrest twice and I don’t want to give any room for error. Doctor Lee is warned about the case, any change and he should be called immediately to perform the thoracotomy. Got that, Jinwoon?”

“Yes boss.” the receptionist, Jinwoon, looked at the clock and back at the nurse. “Didn’t’ your shift ended an hour ago?”

“It did. I am going to change now and go home. Kris can’t pick me up today and I have to take the bus. And it’s almost eight p.m.”

“You must be beaten. Double shifts are atrocious.”

“It’s my job.” commented the nurse distractedly with a small smile, signing a paper. “I’ll be gone now though.”

“Okay then. By the way Baekhyun that man over there asked for you.” mentioned Jinwoon, discreetly pointing at Sehun, even though Sehun could hear him perfectly.

The blonde male looked at him and moved towards him. As he approached, Sehun stood up from his chair.

“Good evening.” he greeted the smaller, who he now knew the name.

“Good evening. How can I help you?” asked the blond male, with a pleasant tone, rich voice.

Sehun looked at the diminutive figure of the man before him, before giving him a radiant smile and starting to speak in the most charming way he could.

“I am a friend of Kris, I wanted to discuss some things with you regarding your brother and…”

“Okay, let me stop you there!” interrupted Baekhyun lifting a hand to stop him, much to Sehun’s surprise. “I don’t mean to be rude but whatever problem you have with Kris, you solve it with Kris, not with me. Honestly, I had people coming over to me today saying the exact same thing that you did and I am tired of it. So please, if you are a friend of him, talk to him. Not me. I wish you a good evening and I have to go now.”

The petite male didn’t even expect a reply from Sehun, turning on his heel and disappearing through some double doors.

“What do we do now Sehun?” asked Tao from his right, trying to hide his amusement at the scene.

“We follow him home and talk to him there. That way he can’t escape us. I want to know why this man is so important to Kris and what I want, I get!” replied Sehun with a content smirk on his lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The car moved impossibly slowly after the petite nurse; as it appeared, the small man didn’t go home by bus, deciding walking instead. Dresses in regular clothes, he looked a lot more innocent than the commanding man that Sehun had just watched working. He looked content and relaxed; distracted by music, as Sehun could tell by the headphones placed on his head.

However, despite the complete state of obliviousness the shorter male was in, Sehun and his men weren’t.

“Byun is being followed for a while.” commented Minseok looking at two men, dressed in black, who at been following the nurse.

“I know. I have been watching those for a while.” replied Sehun looking at the scene placidly.

“Why though?” asked Tao from his place on the driver’s seat. “He doesn’t look remotely dangerous.”

“They are moving.” warned Jongin.

Truly enough, the two men had grabbed the smaller male, surprising him. The shocked male let his headphones fall into the ground but, to his credit, he fought them back: he elbowed one of the men in the face and prepared to run but was tackled from the side falling to the ground, receiving a hard punch to the temple that made him black out.

“Let’s move.” ordered Sehun, getting out of the car when he noticed that one of the men had knocked out the nurse.

They moved quickly and efficiently, disabling the men without killing them; Sehun was more interested on sending a message to whoever had sent them. He arranged his collar before turning to the fallen nurse, who had Minseok kneeled next to him, picking him up effortlessly. The male was clearly knocked out, a dark bruise already forming on the side of his face, contrasting with his milk like skin.

“Take him to the car. He’s coming with us.” Minseok nodded at Sehun, transporting the man to the car, while Tao followed.

“What are you going to do with Florence Nightingale over there?” asked Jongin.

“I’m going to take him with us and call Kris; this was what we just needed to bring Kris to our side. We just saved his little nurse boy. He owes us.”

Jongin sent him a smirk that Sehun returned gladly. Now, he had Kris where he wanted, he just needed to play his cards well and Kris would be wrapped around his little finger.







A/N: I'M BACK!!!!!! Did you expected me so soon? Ideas just keep on coming and I have to write them! I hope you enjoy my new story! Tell me all your thoughts on the first chapter of my new story! TELL ME! Also, vote and subscribe (make me happy!)

Much love and enjoy a wonderful day!