Chapter 6

Blank

ITS HALLOWEEN TIME YES. Me and my friend are salt and pepper :')

 

So I changed the cover :0 Do you like this one or the old one better? Tell me in the comments ^-^ Alright, here's the chapter, enjoy ~

 

---

When Jungkook wandered in that Wednesday, it seemed that his bright, happy, and energetic Taehyung was back. He sat down across from him as usual, and could not ignore the warm fuzzy feeling he felt when he saw the spark in his older friend's eyes.

 

"So," Taehyung started, and the younger leaned forward slightly in anticipation. A grin that seemed to contain mischievous thoughts as well as childish enthusiasm graced his lips. "I'm in the mood for roller coasters," he chirped.

 

Jungkook just blinked at him. Roller coasters had never appealed to him. He was terrified of heights, so the thought of riding one, even with Taehyung next to him, did not sit well with him. However, he didn't want to ruin his friend's excitement.

 

He feigned a smile, sitting up a little. "Me too," he lied, and apparently it was convincing enough, because Taehyung looked like he was about to burst. A thought then popped into Jungkook's head. "Wait...but how will we get there?" The younger male knew that Taehyung didn't have a car, and neither did he, so it was a legitimate question. "My friend is driving us. He's gonna hang out with us too, if that's okay with you," he added, looking for confirmation.

 

So he had planned it without even hearing Jungkook's answer. Somehow, he'd known that one way or another, Jungkook would say yes. The shy boy pushed away the idea as soon as his mind conjured it up. That is not something he needed to be thinking about right now. Or ever, preferably.

 

"Oh, okay. Yeah," he said when he realized he had probably spaced out. Taehyung nodded, obviously pleased with the situation. "He should be by soon, I told him to come at 3:10. Why don't we wait outside?" he prompted.

 

He nodded, standing up, and they both filed out of the building. It was fairly warm outside, and not overly sunny, so the wait - which was only about five minutes - was a pleasant one. Jungkook picked up a smile of recognition on Taehyung's face as a certain black car pulled up. The window rolled down.

 

"Hey, what's up kiddo? I haven't seen you in forever," a small blonde greeted from the car. Taehyung shook his head lightly. "Sorry, I got kind of caught up in other things," he told him.

 

The blonde smirked, eyeing the silent young man standing next to his old friend. "Like your new boyfriend, I see," he commented, his voice filled with amusement as he wiggled his eyebrows, and Jungkook's cheeks caught fire. The shy boy gave a wide eyed glance at Taehyung.

 

"No, Yoongi, he's my friend," the elder clarified, rolling his eyes subtly. Yoongi pouted jokingly. "I was all excited, too. Well, either way I already like you better than his last boyfriend. He drove me insane, but you're super cute," the older male remarked brightly. Jungkook looked back at Taehyung again, confusion clouding his still wide eyed gaze. "Wait...are you?..." he mumbled.

 

Taehyung understood. "Gay? Yeah," he told him simply, unashamed. But he caught the apprehensive vibe that was coming off of Jungkook. "Do you not-" "No! No, I don't have a problem with it at all, I just...didn't know," Jungkook interrupted, with cheeks red once again.

 

"Sorry to interrupt a moment of bonding here, but uh...are you guys actually gonna get in the car?" Yoongi remarked, and they both jerked their heads towards him.

 

"Oh, yeah!" Taehyung exclaimed with all awkwardness forgotten as he promptly opened the door and climbed in. Jungkook followed, his mind still spinning. Why did he feel antsy?

 

"Okay, so it'll be a bit. We've got a good distance to go," Yoongi told them once they were comfortable. The two nodded, but only one was excited to get there, despite both acting so. However, Jungkook's anxiety started to relax when him, Taehyung, and Yoongi chatted in the car. Most of the words spoken were done so by the older two, but shy Jungkook enjoyed listening to them. It was the first time that he'd really sat in a car and enjoyed the people inside of it, instead of the view through the window.

 

Finally, they pulled up to their destination, and the itching nerves returned to Jungkook's stomach. Taehyung was too busy almost squealing like a little girl, though, so he didn't notice. Yoongi and Jungkook trotted behind their childish friend (who was skipping, one might add) up to the entrance.

 

It was all a blur from there for the youngest one, because all he could think about was,

 

I'm going to have to do this. I will not embarrass Taehyung or Yoongi.

 

All a blur at least, until they actually walked into the park, his whole body shivering slightly (which fortunately for him matched the chilling wind that had picked up by the time they had arrived). The second his eyes graced over the height of the coasters, his stomach dropped into his feet. They were riding...these?

 

What did he get himself into?

 

Meanwhile, his bouncing friend had already chosen the first coaster, pointing cheerfully. They all made their way to it, and Jungkook found himself feeling as if he could pass out. When he looked up at the top of the coaster, he felt like he could be into the sky.

 

When they stood in line, the panicking boy hooked onto Taehyung's arm, verifying without words that they'd be riding in the same car. Apparently fate wasn't on his side that day, and the fairly short line moved quickly.

 

They were up next, Yoongi a little grumpy that he had to ride by himself, but he'd stopped complaining when he was paired up with a cute, chubby cheeked brunette boy whose pupils disappeared when he smiled. They were strapped in, all too quickly, and in what felt like a fraction of a second, sent off.

 

In the slow bit at the beginning before rising up the big hill, Taehyung noticed that his companion was visibly shaking. "Hey, what's wrong?" he cooed. "I thought you liked roller coasters."

 

"I lied. I'm scared of heights," Jungkook admitted frantically, fear dancing in his eyes. Taehyung's face fell, and his gaze swept across the intense path of the track. "Oh, Kookie, why didn't you tell me?" he fretted, looking back at the cowering boy.

 

"Sorry," Jungkook breathed, a frightened wave swelling up so large that it didn't leave any room to be embarrassed at the pet name again. Taehyung tried to think of the least painful solution for Jungkook as they were about halfway up the first, largest hill - he knew that the younger was sensitive emotionally.

 

"Uh...okay, how about this? Close your eyes when we go down and think about something else?" he tried, not sure, in his frantic state, what else to even suggest. But when he turned towards the object of his worry, he found another emotion beginning to mix in with the fear on his innocent face.

 

Determination.

 

"No, I'm gonna look," Jungkook insisted quietly. "Why?" Taehyung shot back, louder than he might have liked.

 

"Because I want to be brave, like you!" Jungkook yelled out, lost in the moment. Taehyung just stared for a second, before smiling as they were reaching the top.

 

That's my Jungkook.

 

At the very peak of the hill, he watched incredulously as his terrified friend copied him in raising his hands off of the bar, and into the air.

 

This was it.

 

They shot down, Taehyung letting out a shameless yell of exhilaration and joy, and Jungkook joining him seconds later. He laughed loudly; they must have been quite a sight.

 

Jungkook suddenly felt the fear wash away. His feet were off the ground, he was in the air, and though, in a sense he was far from it, he felt like he was flying. For once in his life, he felt free.

 

When the car pulled back into the small station, it was all too soon. "You did it!" Taehyung exclaimed loudly, giving Jungkook a tight side hug, and the younger thought that his smile might split his face. The minute the bars raised off of them, Jungkook blurted out, "I wanna do it again."

 

They got up quickly, meeting up with Yoongi who was also grinning, but only because he had another number in his phone; one of a certain chubby cheeked brunette. Taehyung told his older friend about how brave Jungkook had been, and the boy in question had blushed profusely, but Yoongi only met him with praise, patting his head like a proud father.

 

They'd gone on again. And again. And again. And again until finally they were hungry, in the mood for a snack. Of course, the practical five year old child of the three suggested cotton candy, but Yoongi had realized that the last thing he needed was a cornucopia of sugar, and had convinced him to settle for popcorn.

 

When Taehyung ran off to buy just that, Yoongi and Jungkook were left sitting on a bench together. "You know," Yoongi started, filling the silence. "Taehyung likes you a lot." Jungkook knew that much, but somehow hearing the blonde man say it out loud made it all the more real. "He does?"

 

Yoongi hummed in response. "You're all he's talked about since he met you, honestly. He tells me everything that you tell him. Or at least that's how it seems. But I'm glad. He seemed down for a while, and I think that you're helping a lot," Yoongi told him.

 

The words were simple, yet to Jungkook they were huge, and unbelievably powerful. A tidal wave of relief washed over him. He wasn't a burden. In fact, he was helping, and that meant more to him than Yoongi could ever know.

 

"That makes me happy," Jungkook admitted bashfully. Yoongi smiled at him. He really did like the younger, and was grateful Taehyung had come across someone so oddly sweet to be around when he wasn't there for him.

 

Taehyung was back quickly with the popcorn, which they all had to admit was some of the best they'd had in a while. After that, they finally did try other coasters, and Jungkook found that he was enjoying himself more than he thought possible, let alone on roller coasters, which had terrified him his whole life.

 

They went on their favorite one just one last time before leaving, and it was dark by the time they were climbing back in Yoongi's car. They all had smiles glued to their faces as they chattered, but it was not meaningless. It felt like more than that.

 

Eventually, things fell silent save for the wind blowing through the open windows, and the mood was still pleasant. Yoongi plugged his phone into the car to turn on a song. Taehyung gasped sharply in fond recognition as it began. Jungkook's head perked up his ears being filled with a perfect melody. "What is this song called?" he asked Taehyung softly.

 

"Lights Go Low by Satellite Stories," he whispered back.

 

Jungkook became so aware of his senses just then. The wind in his hair, the warmth of Taehyung next to him, and every note of the music, every word.

 

Lights go low, low
Carry on, on

 

He felt his heart beating. He felt himself breathing.

 

He was living.

---

 

I hope that was good. Ahhhhh. That was a really long one for me actually.

 

okay, facts of the day:


1. I think I'm always gonna write Yoongi as a blonde tbh oops
2. The whole fear of heights plus finding out that he simultaneously loves roller coasters thing is actually based off of my personal experience.
3. Lights Go Low by Satellite Stories is so amazing, definitely a song I'd recommend. :)

 

Well, hope you enjoyed!! See you soon! c: