Chapter 15

Blank

*loud shrieking*

 

---

 

Immediately upon spotting Jungkook, Taehyung cupped his hands over his mouth. At first he didn't move.

 

But Jungkook smiled warmly at him, and gradually he walked over to the table nervously. The second he sunk into the chair, he fell apart.

 

"I'm sorry, Jungkook. I'm so, so sorry, I didn't-"

 

"Taehyung," he interrupted him, placing his hand on the older's. "It's okay." Taehyung forced tears not to fall, staring straight into Jungkook's gentle eyes. His heart was pounding against his chest, and everything felt hazy. "It's okay," the younger repeated softly, pulling Taehyung back into reality.

 

"If anything...I should say sorry. I've done a lot of selfish things, and scared you. And you...just wanted me to be happy. That's what I want for you too," he murmured, leaning in closer so the words were for only Taehyung.

 

He'd been terrified to say those words; his voice was not completely steady. Shame and fear wavered it slightly. But nonetheless, it was sincere as anything. Taehyung realized this, and nodded, his glassy eyes speaking things that his voice couldn't. Telling Jungkook to go on.

 

"I have something I want to tell you too," Jungkook admitted shyly. "Come to my place again," he offered, and though he sounded calm, there was almost a sense of pleading that he seemed to give off.

 

Taehyung nodded again, anticipation welling up inside of him. He scolded himself for getting his hopes up, but he just couldn't help it. Sniffling and wiping a tear away with his finger so it wouldn't fall, he stood up from his chair. For the life of him, he couldn't figure out why it was so hard for him to collect himself.

 

Jungkook's stomach fluttered as they walked out of the shop together. For Taehyung, he would be brave.

 

*****

 

Taehyung cautiously sat down on the white leather couch, a certain guilt swimming in his eyes as the memory of the last time he was here flooded his mind. Jungkook followed, sitting down next to him, trying not to move too quickly and startle Taehyung; at this moment, he had many of the qualities of a nervous bunny, and he didn't want to scare him away.

 

"What do you want to tell me?" Taehyung all but whispered in a trembling voice. Jungkook just looked for a while, emotions swirling viciously in his gut because Taehyung looked so helpless. But he could fix it. He would.

 

This was his chance.

 

He couldn't believe what he was about to do, but he wasn't going to turn back now. "Forgive me," he breathed softly before pressing their lips together.

 

A startled, sharp inhale from Taehyung followed, and he was about to pull away. But then he remembered how much he'd wanted to do this. How much he wanted to hold Jungkook. To be his.

 

The thought brought his hands up to tangle in Jungkook's hair as they moved slowly up against each other, and in response the other boy slid his hands gently up Taehyung's back. It all felt so unbelievably real, so perfect that Taehyung couldn't help but let out the tears he'd been holding back.

 

And at feeling of the soft sobs, for the first time in his entire life, something other than pain brought Jeon Jungkook to tears. Contentment, joy.

 

Love.

 

After some amount of time that was all too short and everlasting all at once, they pulled apart, seeing each other's tear-streaked faces. A grin crept onto Jungkook's lips, tears still falling slowly, and it was completely contagious. The corners of Taehyung's lips perked up, and he laughed, his tears also continuing to roll down his cheeks. "We're such a mess," he murmured, eyes locked with Jungkook's, and the other boy giggled. "We really are, aren't we?"

 

Taehyung sighed deeply, in adoration, and quite frankly, relief, moving his hands to wipe a tear from Jungkook's face with his thumb. His gentle smile remained as he whispered, "I love you, Jungkook."

 

Jungkook felt the words in every part of him; brushing against his skin, flowing through his veins, and everywhere in between. He returned the smile. "I love you too, Taehyung."

 

*****

 

Jungkook played with the comforter, curled up in the covers of his bed. Listening to the running water of his shower, he grinned and hummed along with Taehyung's loud singing. His voice was so pretty.

 

A small laugh escaped his lips at the thought of what had brought him there. When Jungkook had sighed an offer for him to stay the night against his lips, Taehyung had accepted without hesitation, and had also asked if he could use Jungkook's shower under the claim that he had "sweat an embarrassing amount from nerves" and "felt gross from crying."

 

The sound of the water ceased, and after a few minutes, he heard Taehyung's voice through the door. "Jungkookie," he spoke, and the boy in question hopped out of the bed and padded over to lean up against the bathroom door.

 

"What?" he replied.

 

"Do you have any clothes I can borrow?"

 

"Uh...probably. Hold on."

 

Jungkook trotted to his dresser, and sifted through his drawers, shamelessly picking out something he thought Taehyung would look cute in. He returned to the bathroom door, and cracked it open slightly so he could hand the clothes to Taehyung.

 

"Thanks, babe," he returned playfully through the open space, and Jungkook could have sworn that his heart stopped. Babe.

 

"No prob," he choked out, and immediately shut the door, whipping around, sprinting and jumping headfirst back into the bed. He hid his red face in the covers like a child. Feeling like this was such an unfamiliar thing to him. If he was honest, something about it made him so happy.

 

It was then that Taehyung emerged from the bathroom, shaking his still fairly wet hair like a puppy who'd just gone swimming and making his way to the bed. Jungkook raised his head out of the mass of covers, scrambling into a more casual position, which took effort considering that he was trying not to choke at how adorable Taehyung was. The older just chuckled at him, pulling the covers up so he could snuggle in next to him.

 

"You're so silly," he cooed, looking straight into a smiley, bashful Jungkook's face.

 

The younger boy didn't even know what to say, and so as he often did, he stayed silent. But it wasn't shameful or embarrassing, as it had been most times he'd done so. For a while, just like they had all that time ago at the coffee shop, they just looked. They appreciated the endearing features of each other's faces, and every detail in their eyes.

 

Finally, Jungkook felt the need to say something. Part of him felt guilty for bringing it up at a time like this, but he just wanted Taehyung to know.

 

"Tae..." he began cautiously, squirming a little in his position underneath the sheets. Taehyung quirked his eyebrows, noticing the nervousness in his tone. "Yeah?"

 

"Your brother...has feelings for me."

 

Taehyung just stared for a moment. "Wait...seriously?"

 

"Yes."

 

He sat up straight all of a sudden, face dramatic. "He didn't even tell me he liked guys!"

 

Jungkook's serious attitude cracked, and he giggled into the sheets. Taehyung turned his head to face him with wide, serious, and also somewhat offended eyes. "Does he tell you this stuff? I feel left out now. I can't believe this, I could have set them up months ago!"

 

Jungkook's expression turned curious as he looked up at Taehyung again. "Set who up?"

 

Taehyung's face finally softened into a smile. "There's this first grade teacher at my school. He's this really funny blonde - he's super tall, and he says some of the weirdest stuff. But he's cute. His name is Namjoon. I thought one time that him and Jinnie would make a really good couple, but I ruled it out because I thought he only liked girls," he explained. He paused briefly.

 

"Little did I know that you and him were hiding the truth from me, little rascal," he growled playfully, diving forward to start tickling Jungkook, who squealed, trying to hide in the covers.

 

"Have mercy on me, great beast!" he squeaked through his loud laughs as Taehyung caught him and started to tickle his sides with an evil grin on his face. Jungkook writhed, shaking with laughter until Taehyung finally let up, looking at him adoringly once more. Not able to resist, he leaned forward and pressed another lingering kiss on the younger's accepting lips. And when he pulled away, it was so slow, and loving. Jungkook just knew there was nothing like it.

 

"You know what you do now?" Taehyung whispered to him, still only inches apart from the other's face. Jungkook gave him a curious look, waiting for his answer. Though it was still happy and playful, he didn't miss the meaning in Taehyung's voice.

 

"Well, for one, you do this," Taehyung said, moving closer to Jungkook, and snuggling him, peppering his face with little kisses. Jungkook laughed loudly again, cuddling into Taehyung's warmth. He sighed happily, resting his head into the crook of the elder's neck as they stopped moving, their limbs tangled up.

 

"But also, you do this," Taehyung murmured, calmly this time, and he intertwined their fingers. Jungkook smiled at sight of their two hands melding into one little unit. Taehyung's hand was warm and comforting.

 

"Holding hands is a simple way of displaying affection without being all over each other in public. I see a lot of couples that should consider this as an alternate option," he explained with sarcasm hanging in his voice at the last part.

 

Jungkook laughed lightly at his the comment. That was his carefree, silly Tae. That was the person he had missed so much. That was the person he had fallen in love with.

 

"You know, I think I like holding hands," Jungkook told Taehyung quietly. Taehyung glanced over at him. "Me too."

 

---

 

You're welcome.

 

I think this fic is nearing its end and I'm probably gonna cry writing the rest of it tbh. There will probably be a sequel though, cause if I'm being real here I'm way way too attached to this story and Kook and Tae's characters in it. Wow.

 

Anyways, hope you liked it. Bc fluff. And cute coupley taekook. God bless :') See you soon! c: